SAU Community

Teen dies in 150km/h 'drag race'

croat

I personally thought nothing should be said,,,,the dead guy gets his funeral tomorrow and a week from now it will be forgotten.

Writing to the paper,,,media watch,,inviting them on a cruise will only inflame the situation. They will only pick up on all the mods and big wheels that most of us have...That idiot reporter will take one look at GTR80Y's car,,,see the body kit,,,and have a field day,,he won't even think for a moment that the car is really quite stock.

I am in total agreeance with all you guys,,,,but lets just calm down. Really the only things he got wrong was the cars model and he fudged the speedo crap.

Neil.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by ndr

Really the only things he got wrong was the cars model and he fudged the speedo crap.

Neil.

yeah, nothing really important ay?:D

he only turned a family car into a GTR and then into a 110kmh in first gear "japanese hot shot buzz box". can't blame the guy for trying to spruce up an otherwise sad story into something more entertaining for the public.

but yeah, i agree with you. in a week this will all be forgotten. sadly his family and friends will never forget it.

even though this will fall on deaf ears; my condolances to Vincent's family

Originally posted by ONARUN

yeah, nothing really important ay?:D  

he only turned a family car into a GTR and then into a 110kmh in first gear "japanese hot shot buzz box". can't blame the guy for trying to spruce up an otherwise sad story into something more entertaining for the public.

but yeah, i agree with you. in a week this will all be forgotten. sadly his family and friends will never forget it.  

even though this will fall on deaf ears; my condolances to Vincent's family

Thats the Clowns job buddy,,,,he needs to sensationailise his story to sell it to his editor and get it printed. The dickhead gets paid to do that and giving him more ammo just helps his cause....He wants to be invited to a cruise to see we actually love Speed and YES we all do. Track days help,,,BUT....NOT......Real solution STOP speeding,,,,,Good Luck.

Yea Porg,,, I agree my condolences go out to his family,,,his suffering is over,,but his Mum,Dad,Sisters, Brothers will suffer long after this is forgotten....They spent 17-18 years of there lives bringing him up,,,now nothing,,,,,

Neil.

Condolences to friends and family of the teenager who lost his life.

~~~~~~~

In support of everything that is being said here, I would like to add that more people in Australia die in Commodores every year, than in any other car......

That may be for 2 reasons.

a) there are more Commodores on the road than any other car.

B) people who drive Commodores act irresponsibly on the road.

Take your pick, but whenever someone dies a horrific death in a Commodore, it isn't always assimilated with 'street racing' and 'hotted up cars' or 'over powered cars' and 'under-experienced drivers'.

The press really do need a wake up call.cuss2.gif

Originally posted by R31 Skyline Chick

B) people who drive Commodores act irresponsibly on the road.

Valid point :)

Can you back that up with some statistics? Didn't think so.

Like ndr is saying, media manipulates the public peception of events in order to gain some sort of attention or for a particular motive. There wouldn't have been much story if all the truth was told.. despite the fact it was true.

so was the cab driver charged for reckless driving?? ie, failure to give way..???

also, someone should follow this casey gimp and write story on him.. I bet he drives like a tool. Watch him speed and do illegal stuff, then write a strory and send it to editor

• 2 weeks later...

speaking of commodores..an 18 yr old bloke in melbourne wrapped a vn around a pole a week and a half ago on a saturday. he was on his l's, with a 12 yr old passenger. cops pulled him up. he stopped, then freaked out thinking he was gonna get in big trouble for driving with no fully licenced driver. he sped off, and at 180kph, hit a pole. both died at the crash scene.

cheers, MARK

i cant wait for the story to be printed "unliscenced teen died in aussie made buzz box"

yeah not likely, maybe he will get a mention in teh funeral notices but thast about it.. ive started to ignore media about cars these days, top biased

Originally posted by Silver-Arrowz

?????

110km/h in first?????

I think the Jaguar XJ220 does 101km/h in first. Maybe the McLaren F1 or F50.

But a GTR??? First is more like just above 60km/h.

Once again, the media "KNOW" everything.....

NOT!!!:D

we done like 87km/h in 1st, in a auto non turbo silvia :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nismogtsx

If that was a GTR then sign me up for 10 of them.... NOT

I feel very angry about people who know jack S#$T saying

stuff that is so wrong and then other people agreeing to it...

Ive sent a small letter to sixty minutes outlineing my anger..

Yesterday i gota phone call from them asking if they could come

allong to a cruise and share the good side to the story...

I told them to get F#@ked.... Cause they will just shot us

playing cricket and having a BBQ and then edit the footage in

with some footage from the summernats...... So it looks like we

were doing stuff. I also picture it though we are out in the day time and they shoot burnouts at night and they still edit it together... Anything to make us look bad.....

So to my point,,,, Its an AUSSIE version... One made for those young teens who cant afford a million dollars.....

Oh and yeah all teens love WRX's too dont they..... When i was a teen all i liked was the old Monaro's & the Falcons... I was all V8 mad until i relised that N/A was old school and then i stepped up into the sweet world of TURBO'S...

I believe the quality of journalism for the 6:30pm slot on channels 7 and 9 is reflected by the fact that they seem to both run identical stories on identical nights. In addition to this, last night with both my legs broken and the remote out of reach I had no choice but to view a Today Tonight story on car theft, it was one big advertisement for quicktrak security. I think Today Tonight should think about changing their name to "Bright ideas" or maybe "Body by Jake". The media are generally jack's of all trades and experts on nothing.:D

my flatmate has footage and news clips from back in 94 when the cannonball was run. Its amazing how the news companies changed their focus from how cool it was to how bad it was when those two japanese folks died in the ferrari f40.

Even thought before it happened there was good points made, like a ferrari owner is not a ferari driver.