• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

VN is actually the fastest Holden 6 ever made lol

VN's are soo disgustingly ugly imo...

I was talking about power to weight, VN is 125kW to 1300kg (96kW per tonne), VS is 147kW to 1385kg (106kW per tonne). VS also has better economy, IRS (optional) ABS, airbags etc.

VN: http://redbook.com.au/used-cars/details.as...id=129F692865E0

VS: http://redbook.com.au/used-cars/details.as...id=129F692865E0

edit: VS II's are even better at 1372kg or a ute at 1350kg (possibly sacrifice handling...)

Edited by SKiT_R31

Stock for stock?

Highly doubt it on a track, unless we're talking about some track without straights.. FWIW, NA 6 speed JZA80s can manage 0-100 in 6secs.

I don't...

I had a stock R33 GTS-T (Note the TURBO!) and I was running 0.2 - 0.3 seconds slower then a Honda Civic at Wakefield... And just to put it in the ball park, he was doing mid 1:14...

I'd go the MX5 or Civic...

Remember bathurst? The minis were banned because the V8s could only catch them down the straights... Through the corners they just pulled away... Same thing the MX5 and Civic does...

I didnt say mx5 or s13 cause the op said power... lolz

Monetary figure is important here... Best bet is R32/R33/R34 RB25DE or a NA Supra if you wanted to bring common sense into the equation...

Heh, by power I meant something with a little go. A 1.1L Daihatsu whilst light and nimble will be useless with its 20seconds 0-100kph acceleration.

I have had a bit of fun lately in a hotted up Fiat 124... Cheap to buy, cheap to mod, reliable, light, handle brilliantly and you can do whatever you want later on - turbo, supercharge, V8 - because they are such a popular chassis to modify. Pick the 1800cc over the 2000cc for some added value.

EDIT: Oh and they have an all alloy, twin cam, twin carb (dellorto), five bolt main four cylinder... Pretty damn good in my book and SR20's fit in so easily its not funny - they even look the same as the fiat/alfa engine!

DOUBLE EDIT: Plus its Italian so the chicks will love it and you will have many happy sexy fun times...

Edited by R33_Dude

the OP didnt mention what level or type of track use (from what i could see). Overall the mx5 is probably the best option but there's the question of whether you'd want it as your daily. On the plus side there's lots of support for them, plenty around that havent been in the hnads of 17 year olds and they have their own race series - something that is a big issue if he wants to go beyond the odd casual trackday.

Some of the front wheel drive cars would do well but are out if he wants to get out on a skidpan or try drifting (in an NA?) so maybe we need more info.

I'd get a 300zx you will learn more from it it will probably be in an unrepairable crash.

I have a great suggestion best find out where it was purchased from before mentioning.

simlpy because i cant believe the price.

remember your p-plate days thinking your invincible til something actually goes wrong.

also i don't think racing at a track makes you drive any more docile on the street.

you would be saving money by having a track dedicated car by taking someone else's work.

http://my105.com/classified.asp?id=15217

As tempting as some of the cars on my105 are most dont fit the criteria of being street rego'd like the OP said. If that wasnt an issue it wouldnt have to be NA. But definitely a way to save some coin

I'd get a 300zx you will learn more from it it will probably be in an unrepairable crash.

I have a great suggestion best find out where it was purchased from before mentioning.

remember your p-plate days thinking your invincible til something actually goes wrong.

also i don't think racing at a track makes you drive any more docile on the street.

you would be saving money by having a track dedicated car by taking someone else's work.

<insert engine out joke here>

My bet:

Mini Cooper S (Replica) or a Leyland Clubman GT (replica). Both cheap cars to build. Parts are cheap and plentiful. Can be hideously quick in good hands. Very good car to learn about engines, handling, driving techniques in. Easily modified. Good on fuel. Chicks love em (though getting it on in one can be a lesson in yoga).

Loved my race Cooper S (replica)... Building another now and looking out for some to sit in the shed as spares.

post-43534-1287017590_thumb.jpg

You will learn heaps about the VG engine because you will always have to take the engine out.