SAU Community

Cant Edit Posts

Lack of editing smokes c0ck.

Reason being we have dodgy traders editing their posts so its harder for us to track down goods sold, what type and so on.

Then keep it to the For Sale section i reckon. New comers are chastised to use the search button, to respect SAU as a "encyclopedia" sorts. As such, to keep it neat, and on track, i believe one should be able edit their posts. "Procedure like" threads like DIY's are a good example of where it wont work when the OP starts adding new updated posts imo.

if you guys are so worried about not being able to edit your post SUPPORT the site that supports you make a donation and all your problems are solved

Ohhhh nooow i see whats going on here, so sneaaky :wave:

Last time tried to make a donation, mods never got back to me. Maybe second time lucky lol...

Edited by GeeTR

I thought it was only For Sale areas... :)

If its the whole forum... that is a small problem.

But with the redesign of For Sale this could well be sorted out and this a interim measure only

I thought it was only For Sale areas... :P

If its the whole forum... that is a small problem.

But with the redesign of For Sale this could well be sorted out and this a interim measure only

Seems not so mang - Beling an avid fan of "user feedback" systems, id like to again, display my dislike regarding this editing shite ;)

It just bit me again, where i posted, hours later checked a thread, only to notice an error.

Again, if SAU is to be a proper information library thats searched... it needs to be update'able.. like wikipedia :P I woulda thought a track change log is kept in case of some dispute on for sale thread IE.

sure you can- just pm the moderators of that section. or use the "repoort this post" button it does the same thing

I've used the report this post option and had no action or response....and would like to get my personal details etc taken down from a for sale post as I have taken my car off the market.

we'll you been a user of SAU for 4 years now, and don't think its fair or right to contribute to the community that helps you

yet feel quiet at home bitching about something you don't want to contribute too

i say DEAL with it

Seems not so mang - Beling an avid fan of "user feedback" systems, id like to again, display my dislike regarding this editing shite :)

It just bit me again, where i posted, hours later checked a thread, only to notice an error.

Again, if SAU is to be a proper information library thats searched... it needs to be update'able.. like wikipedia :) I woulda thought a track change log is kept in case of some dispute on for sale thread IE.

we'll you been a user of SAU for 4 years now, and don't think its fair or right to contribute to the community that helps you

yet feel quiet at home bitching about something you don't want to contribute too

i say DEAL with it

For starters u slapper, I'm quiet sure you have no f ucking idea what i think, as your attempt at profiling me and my feelings for SAU, couldn't be further off the mark.

I feel i have contributed more then my fair share with assisting others, giving my opinions, reporting suspect users / posts, creating helpful DIY's and spewing general forum banter. The 1000's of hours painstakingly taking pictures and double checking information when posting i think, outways a $50 dollar donation.

Alas your comments on contribution are made laughable for a person who's seemingly spent the majority of his 4yrs and 6000 posts lurking in mostly trashy NON SKYLINE related sections of the S.A. Wasteland. SAU is known worldwide for its technical information accuracy and hard stance on wankers; editing issues could stand to effect these quality technical threads and posts, not threads discussing youtube clips and breast implants.

For the record, have twice attempted to donate but come across procedural issues both times. Admitally I should spend some time, talk to a mod and work through wiring a few 100 bux.

response / rant over.

hey sorry if i made a generalisation about you without even know what you've done for the community i now know how that feels

and how quickly the hunter has become the hunted

as of tonight i cannot edit old posts either has I've been organising an event and cant add people any more to the first post

hey sorry if i made a generalisation about you without even know what you've done for the community i now know how that feels

and how quickly the hunter has become the hunted

as of tonight i cannot edit old posts either has I've been organising an event and cant add people any more to the first post

Thanks man - no stress.

Seems even those who'av made a contribution are having issues editing. The mods must have some work on their hands.

yeah well i had no troubles editing all my posts and now can only edit any post made possibly within the last 2 hours its only been like it since i got home from work

ah well lets hope its only a temp measure

well as far as I can tell the whole 'donators can edit' feature was a mistake, and it has not been advertised as a benefit of donating. the main benefit of donating is it keeps our lovely foum alive. :D it also has other lesser benefits like more pm space and a warm feeling inside.

as I understand it the intention of the no edit feature was that it covers everybody. I think a little glitch allowed donators to get around it for a while. I know it's a bit inconvenient but there are other forums I can thnk of off the top of my head that have this 2 hour edit window on them and it hasn't hurt my enjoyment of those forums at all.

if you have a post you want edited, either to update info, or fix spelling mistakes or whatever reason, simply hit the report post button on your post state what you want changed and the relevant section mod will fix it up. :)

Half of them are unwarranted updates anyhow actually, it wont be that bad. I have not had one PM surrounding this since it was introduced. :bunny:

People trying to edit details out of thier for sale item will just be ignored anyhow

I'm against it also, it's a pain if your trying to run a group buy and you need to always update the first post in order add the members and their names to the list.

Therefore if your selling something and you want to reduce the price or change the information or add pictures etc. you cant do it :S

And you don't have to open a new topic if you want to sell an item that is similar with your other items for sale in the same thread.

As a result by not opening a new thread SAU will save on storage costs because new threads won't be constantly posted.

I read that if you donate it solves the editing problem, but I have and still I can't edit :S

mistake or not i think that should be a reward for donating, I'm well aware that we get bigger PM boxes

but most of us regulars don't abuse the edit function and especially those of us that are committed to the website (you know who you are)

as Pablo has pointed out it makes a group buy very messy if you have to keep adding new members to the group buy @ the end of 20 pages of people asking questions about the product your selling

well as far as I can tell the whole 'donators can edit' feature was a mistake, and it has not been advertised as a benefit of donating. the main benefit of donating is it keeps our lovely foum alive. :P it also has other lesser benefits like more pm space and a warm feeling inside.

as I understand it the intention of the no edit feature was that it covers everybody. I think a little glitch allowed donators to get around it for a while. I know it's a bit inconvenient but there are other forums I can thnk of off the top of my head that have this 2 hour edit window on them and it hasn't hurt my enjoyment of those forums at all.

if you have a post you want edited, either to update info, or fix spelling mistakes or whatever reason, simply hit the report post button on your post state what you want changed and the relevant section mod will fix it up. :(

Simple, if your worried about dodgy traders, BAN THEM!! Why punish the rest of us for crap like this... im sure most of the SAU will agree with me here!!

This new system will only slow things down... messy threads suck ass... and dont carry on about making a donation, big woop! Seriously what is this, a CHURCH! :)

And thats my rant! :(