SAU Community

Cant Edit Posts

cant u just keep a log of the edited post, only visible to admins/mods?

this would be the ideal solution, but we will have to see if it's practical. as it would mean much more data stored. and I don't know if it's even possible with the software we have.

My event thread is on hold cause I cant edit posts

Also it is true that most fourm members have no clue about the new systems that has started :kiss: with reporting posts to edit information

Its not on hold - your aware of "report post", please use it until the work is complete on the solution (that Dan said one page ago)

i think Stewy is onto something with

already having a trader rating and putting a time frame on how long you have been on this site, i think a minimum number of posts isnt a good idea as that promotes spam

i was going to suggest maybe a minimum donation or after you've made x amount of donations then you have the ability to edit

but support would need to be added to make multiple subscriptions at the moment its only one

already having a trader rating and putting a time frame on how long you have been on this site, i think a minimum number of posts isnt a good idea as that promotes spam

My thoughts exactly. Could just do something similar to what nissansilvia.com has done, they require you be a member for 6 months AND have 100 posts to be able to make threads in the classifieds section - surely something like that would be the easiest to implement & a good way to weed out scammers? rather than to have mods manually edit peoples posts

Its not on hold - your aware of "report post", please use it until the work is complete on the solution (that Dan said one page ago)

I find it silly and saving "reporting" till I really need too, as I dont want to be whinge at by Admins,Mods cause I want a lot of changes done in my thread.

i think Stewy is onto something with

i was going to suggest maybe a minimum donation or after you've made x amount of donations then you have the ability to edit

but support would need to be added to make multiple subscriptions at the moment its only one

yeh the posts part is a bit iffy, i know ns use it, but it does promote spam. we should take advantage of the trader system we have here on SAU, as long as people dont go to the effort of creating troll accounts so they can give each account trader ratings etc.

that's easy Stewy trade ratings can only be made by traders :) whilst you can have other people leave ratings having the ability to edit would be made on the amount of trade via legitimate business

I requested some posts be edited about 5 days ago, and none of them have been changed yet.. why don't you guys leave it enabled until you work out what you want to do?

+1. i've reported my thread for some changes to be made. didnt happen. i also reported it to be closed. can someone please do that for me. its inmy sig. thanks guys

well I can't speak directly for the for sale mods as I am not one of them - but threads don't and shouldn't get deleted, edited or closed just because something is sold. Just post in the thread that it is closed.

well I can't speak directly for the for sale mods as I am not one of them - but threads don't and shouldn't get deleted, edited or closed just because something is sold. Just post in the thread that it is closed.

orly?

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/It...-C-t192653.html

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/19...to-t174047.html

closing a thread doesnt mean the info is lost.

Would enlisting more mods help? I'd be happy to do it.

Honestly running a group buy without being able to edit my post is very frustrating. I can understand it from an accountability point of view but should we call suffer for a few bad traders?

• 2 weeks later...

For one, I didnt even know that editing has been removed on purpose, it is only until I searched around and found this thread that I now know that you guys got rid of it.

I too, dont even know what the report button did until now.

It seems only a few of the same people in this thread have posted here. Imagine the rest of SAU who dont know about any of this. THOUSANDS

THATS WHY YOU HAVE NO REPORTS

I think its stupid.

People make mistakes in things they type and the way they type it. Why have to go thru so much BS to change a few words around?

As if theres not enough FS threads already...now everytime someone wants to add something to a thread they have to create a new one! WTF!

Ive had a thread going for ages and its worked beautifully being able to edit. since 2006.

Having to read through the thread to see if somethings sold is BS. Most people dont know how to manage their thread effectively, so they get PMs re things previously for sale. Then they dont reply, then people get shitty.

Now if I change something on my car once a week and want to sell or swap (it does happen), thats a new thread for every week. Doesnt make sense at all. And you're worried about storage space?

Its not hard to avoid dodgy traders. Its common sense. 1. dont buy from someone with neg feedback. 2. dont buy from someone who signed up a day ago. 3. dont buy from someone who has no posts. Its easy.

This is a 'bandaid', 'knee jerk reaction' lol

I HOPE YOUR NEW SOLUTION IS PUTTING THINGS BACK THE WAY THEY WERE.