SAU Community

[Closed] Borg Warner Efr Series Turbos

Lithium

RB28 - Tomei Stroker, E85 is correct though.

Turbos came on earlier with the last build even with bigger cams, so with a bit of fiddling we should be able to get her back to 20psi before 4000rpm.

Atleast that's the plan.

The HTA will hit the rollers again this week sometime...

Hey John, looks promising. What psi was that dyno pull? I can't tell by the graph, and I would very much expect you to see 20psi before 4,000 rpm, especially with those cams and displacement.

-Brett

Hi Brett,

It was 30psi but dropped down to approx 27psi. Phil thinks the drop may have something to do with the internal gates..?? He didn't really spend too much time worrying about it though.

The tune with the knock control work/calculations took him a good part of the full day so other things like boost and cam timing weren't high up on his list this time around.

I'm with you though, it made 20psi before 4000rpm previously so I don't see any reason why it can't do it again. I'm going to put some more k's on the engine before we start playing around some more.

I'll keep you posted!

John

How many kms are on the engine John?

About 50! although it's done probably 10 times this on the dyno...

Shoot me an email with the part number on the side of the actuator, they should hold 30psi no problem if they are the high boost actuators.

Will do, I think you sent me the high boost ones originally though..

• 1 month later...

WOAH, water to air cooler... Care to share any details for a fellow SR owner?

Is that going to be drag application only or circuit use also? I can barely see the hoses underneath for water circulation.. How intense is the system?

I cut the dividers out of the side tanks in the factory air con condenser so that it is single pass rather than 3 pass which was too restrictive for water to flow through then had AzCustom seal up the bits that I cut and added a 19mm barbed fitting on either side of it. I'm using that as the radiator because it bolts right in and looks 100% stock from the outside. I'm running a Plazmaman 700hp pro series intercooler. I made a 2.5" to 2" ally reducer bend and had it welded to the compressor housing outlet. The inlet side of the intercooler has a roughly 90 degree 2.5" bend welded to it and the outlet side the same but in 2.75". Intake air temps were really good on the dyno but I'll wait and see how it holds up with more boost before I get too excited. I put that setup in half-prepared to have to buy another radiator instead of the modified AC condenser but so far, so good.

Nice work mate, I like the originality of it.

I want to do a 'mostly' under bonnet setup but I also want to keep AC (want to run an OEM front bar with foglights). Water to air would make that really easy, but im worried that it wont stand up to circuit work at 300kw.

Keen to see more detailed results from yours. You may sway me :)

I'm setting up the electronic boost control today/tomorrow then it's back to GT Garage on Tuesday for its final tune then I'll post up the dyno sheet.

How did you go?

I am in talks with a friend who may have me build his SR and go a 7064 rather than the VQ conversion he was planning. Would love to see your final results before we make the decision.