SAU Community

[Closed] Borg Warner Efr Series Turbos

Lithium

Just talked to Jon @ Full Race who also confirmed that BW have changed the manufacturing process on these to ramp up the production rate.

He did say that particular one in the bimmer forum thread above was the worst he has seen though.

Richard, are 6258s the largest twin you can fit in the engine? Im keen to try a set on my OS rb26/30 time attack r32. I don't mind whether it's internal or external gates but Im keeping with the twin for response.

front turbo is low and quite forward, rear turbo sits higher to allow it's intake to clear the front turbos dump.

pics just for you sweet heart.

img2149y.jpg

img2163g.jpg

Edited by 9krpm

Seeing as you guys are hanging for some results, not that it is overly relevant to you guys but will give you some idea. Were not leaning on it in any way shape or form, when my new motor is finished we will really see how it performs.

Stock Evo 5 Motor apart from

EFR7064 T4 1.05

HKS 274/278 Cams

Plazmaman Cooler

ID1000's

Aeromotive 340 Pump

Okada Projects Coils

Vipec ECU

Running on Caltex E-Flex

nathan_evo5.jpg

Nice! I'm hoping for boost earlier than that but I only really want/need 250rwkw so hopefully my smaller turbine housing, smaller cams, 160cc more capacity and higher comp engine will give me my target boost threshold of about 3000rpm. Fingers crossed.

I think for 250kw u have the wrong turbo, this thing will go 350 on my new motor. We could get boost on earlier as we havent touched the cams yet but ont he stock motor we dont want to put to much stress on it. New motor will be higher comp and mivec so will come on much sooner.

The problem is that the EFR 6758 is quite inefficient compared to the others, especially at low boost. Also the only turbine housing option is the T2 .64 which is too restrictive for my engine. I'm building a high compression, high flowing engine to run a big turbo at low boost. I could whack a 6258 on it and run 22psi but that's not the type of setup I want to run.

I plan to replace the 7064 with a 7163 with the divided 0.80 housing after a year or so.

Edited by bradsm87

fair enough, yea the 7163 looks the goods, I wonder if it could make it to 380.... I think I will be moving up to a 7670 on my new engine as I want to turn it to 9500 and I think the 7064 will struggle to hold 28-30psi at that kind of rpm, even the 7670 might struggle, maybe an 8374 will be on the cards haha.

I just got mine and mine is just as bad as the one in the pics including the far off-centre bolt holes. I've been waiting so long that I'm just going to fill in one side on the turbine entry to make it smaller and symmetrical because I'll be blocking the internal gate anyway so may as well block it using a couple of bits of stainless plate to better direct air into the housing.