November Photo Thread

MaTBoY

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kory, now I relook at that photo the water and bank is way to saturated and the tower thing is too underexposed. I don't spend enough time processing my shots, I gotta stop being lazy! Also the laptop in front of the TV isn't the best tool to use.

Post up that pic, Zennon. She wouldn't let me take a decent photo of her, so I had to make the most of the one horrible photo I could get.

I need to know which one is better!!! Decide for me!! I'm thinking the 1st one.

5130949232_1a2e2e61c7_b.jpg

This one, Kory - although the blurred trees in the second shot add to the sense of speed, they're distracting to me.

Nick, if you want more light painting 'training' i'll let you know next time i'm heading out to do some. you can come along and i'll show you some more/give you some more practice. Or we could experiment on the stag. it's a challenging colour. actually... i like that idea more. let's get together and work out how to best light your stag. hahaha that sounds dirty as.

Matt, that sounds awesome. Seeing as my car is a very dark green, and the location had very little light, I'm thinking we use Bulb mode and go for maybe 40-45 seconds and see if it comes out better. I've already got a remote cable release for my camera, and the camera has a time display on the screen (as I'm sure most would) to tell you how long the shutter's been open.

Jay I'm jealous. i wanna ride through the city taking shots all day :)

dont be, so far ive estimated my income will be around the $200-$250 mark each week, lol.

i reckon i would be better off staying on the dole, haha.

but, back on topic...

hmmmm. obsessed by a number much?

33914_1516826113696_1025781561_31190528_610206_n.jpg

149852_1516825993693_1025781561_31190527_316871_n.jpg

a quick shot in the Brookman building at UniSA. the squeaky staircase freaked me out, didnt sound too safe, haha. i should get some pics of the woodwork too next time im there. such awesome craftsmanship, something thats lacking a bit in buildings these days.

149846_1516826273700_1025781561_31190529_7905570_n.jpg

pity about the blowouts on the left hand side. but meh, its a point and shoot, what can you do, lol.

if your keen, this is where i keep uploading pics taken during the day (public link, you dont need facebook)

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2071...mp;l=24f11db5f3

will save me spamming this thread all the time, lol.

Post up that pic, Zennon. She wouldn't let me take a decent photo of her, so I had to make the most of the one horrible photo I could get.

As promised :)

5139564846_b7ed271cde_b.jpg

I've already got a remote cable release for my camera, and the camera has a time display on the screen (as I'm sure most would) to tell you how long the shutter's been open.

You would think so wouldn't you! How hard could it be! *sigh*

Edited by ZENNON

the camera has a time display on the screen (as I'm sure most would)
Trial and error, I suppose. Either way, I look forward to seeing what comes of it. :)

:verymad:

is knowing how long the shutter has been open really important for light painting pics tho, specially when using bulb? in my case it is as the shutter will close at a specific time, but if it was on bulb i would be loving it as it would give me the chance to worry more about being accurate and complete rather than rushing to get everything done in a pre-determined amount of time.

Hi,

Got a perfect condition canon 70-200 F4 IS L lens. Its very sharp, and an incredible lens to own. Im slowly moving away from using this lens so hense why its up for sale.

Price: $1150 firm.

Purchased last year sometime (cant remember when, will have to check invoice tonight).

No scratches etc.. No fungus.. perfect condition.

Will take some pics soon.

Thanks,

is knowing how long the shutter has been open really important for light painting pics tho, specially when using bulb? in my case it is as the shutter will close at a specific time, but if it was on bulb i would be loving it as it would give me the chance to worry more about being accurate and complete rather than rushing to get everything done in a pre-determined amount of time.

Not I don't actually light paint - just really annoying how my camera doesn't show how long shutter has been open for when doing long exposures

Having said that it is about the only thing I don't like about my camera (and only an problem when doing night time shooting or using the 10-stop ND filter)

FS Canon 70-200 F4 IS L

Seems like a good post for the chat thread - or better yet its own thread! :verymad:

Edited by ZENNON