SAU Community

Aussie Delivered R32 Gtr's

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, thought I'd give this thread a bump..........

Not withstanding absolute sh!thouse weather in Sydney over the last month or so I took my newly completed restored Black ADM for a bit of a run today.

I've spent the last 8 weeks bringing her back to original condition and let me tell you its been a challenge I'd NEVER do again.

It is so time consuming and just so hard to find OEM parts for these cars now.

I got the last bonnet badge, searched the globe and actually found one in Melbourne (with an inch of dust on the packaging).

I have wet sanded the entire car which has removed 98% of the scratches. Spent 3 hours just on the bonnet!

I'll just tinker with her over the next 2 weeks or so but I will be offering it for sale towards the end of the month.

Asking price will be $39,900.00, but happy to negotiate off that.

Its done 171,500 kms, original owner had it for 6 years, next owner about 8 months and the last owner had it for 15 years+.

It DOES have books, and all the goodies that come with these cars.

Cheers,

Bob.

post-78207-0-32190300-1410078343_thumb.jpg

post-78207-0-01817900-1410078345_thumb.jpg

post-78207-0-26709200-1410078346_thumb.jpg

post-78207-0-08101800-1410078348_thumb.jpg

post-78207-0-98313300-1410078349_thumb.jpg

post-78207-0-52544200-1410078351_thumb.jpg

post-78207-0-03858600-1410078353_thumb.jpg

post-78207-0-52274400-1410078354_thumb.jpg

post-78207-0-43504800-1410078357_thumb.jpg

post-78207-0-55290000-1410078358_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's not part of the 100 cars but it is one of the 2-3 evaluation vehicles NISSAN used.

I suspect this car was used on the Hay plains as described in the book "Aussie Godzilla" on page 78.

The VIN and engine number is far too early for the 100 production run and I know all 100 cars were red, silver or black.

I ran a VIC Roads rego check which is attached.

Rare car but being a bit out of left field I would want plenty of documentation which Nissan should be able to provide.

Cheers,

Bob.

post-78207-0-99800500-1416128919_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ladies and Gentlemen,

As some of you may be aware some time ago my BNR32 was stolen from a panel beater while some repairs were being carried out.

I would like to know for the purpose of my claim against said panel beater is currently stuck as the quantum of the claim is agreed upon what is the value of the complete original compendium and contents.

I have had luck with having the vehicle valued by a 'Registered Valuer' but no one has yet been willing to put a 'value' on the compendium.

Thank you in advance

Alec

Hi Alec,

Unfortunately, there is no easy answer to your question.

Firstly, when you say compendium, are you including the owners manual with the original owners details in the front cover?

Do you include the leather wallet, 2 smaller booklets, keyring, pen etc???

Please clarify exactly what was lost/stolen.

Generally speaking, the owners manual is very important for our cars.

As these are mainly bought by collectors, these bits and pieces are what it all about.

If you want a 20 year old white Corolla then the value is a lot less for books etc.

The intrinsic value of these items may be $500-$1000 .........BUT.......

The value of your car may have declined by up to five times that amount without them.

If a completed car is worth $50,000, the same car without books is worth a hell of a lot less.

Please let us know exactly what was lost.

Bob.

Bob,

thanks for the reply.

Leather compendium, complete with the following contents

how to drive your GTR by Messrs Skaife & Richards

Original service manual the car was delivered to City Nissan in Melbourne from memory

Guide to Nissan Dealer Network

Premium fuel locations

Valet key

key ring

I have no idea how to prove its intrinsic value, to be honest I am totally over this whole saga !!

Thanks in advance

Alec

Hi Alec..........

Based on your account of the missing items, I think it best said that whatever compensation you can get is a bonus.

To put things into perspective, a Ferrari Dino 246 recently sold for $340,000.......

The buyer then paid $25,000 for the period correct tool kit!

The car is now valued at $400,000+ because it is totally complete.

The contents of the tool kit could have been replicated with quality tools for less than $200.00.

Whilst these are telephone numbers I think it puts things into perspective.

A car with matching documents would be worth at least 10% more than one without.

Good luck mate, I feel your pain!

Bob.

Hi Guys,

I'm not sure if this car is owned by a forum member or not but I saw it parked this afternoon at Round Corner Dural in Sydney.

The number plate is GTR111. I did a RTA search to my surprise it's build number 2.

It was in excellent condition and with the exception of the wheels, all else was 100% stock including radio and speakers.

I felt like a criminal taking pics of it as it was parked in a busy thoroughfare and people were watching but I was pleased I did.

I'd love to hear from the owner if they are present here.

Cheers,

Bob.

PS: Apologies for the crap iphone photos.

Just changed the setting and it looks a lot better now but that doesn't help these pics.

post-78207-0-76376900-1417161337_thumb.jpg

post-78207-0-81219800-1417161338_thumb.jpg

post-78207-0-76908200-1417161339_thumb.jpg

Well.......... Believe it or not, I found this car less than 50 metres away from last week's silver car.

I've done the RTA check and it's build number 34.

Owned by a VERY mature gentleman who has had it for 16 years.

Sold new by Hornsby Nissan.

107,000 kms, very straight and original including exhaust/radio speakers etc..... Just needs a good detail.

The wheels are naturally missing as they were stolen a few years back.

Cheers....... Bob.

post-78207-0-65695500-1417830968_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All

My air conditioner compressor has failed. I haven't pulled it to bits yet but suspect the valve plate has cracked. Anyone got any ideas on replacement or repair options?

Going to Bathurst for 6th, 7th and 8th February and will be in the pit area. Anyone else going?

John

Have to find a good second hand unit local (try FS car parts & accessories $50ish)

New appx $850 AUD from Amayama

No Idea if Nissan parts could help you out or be cheaper

Edited by Sinista32

Well.......... Believe it or not, I found this car less than 50 metres away from last week's silver car.

I've done the RTA check and it's build number 34.

Owned by a VERY mature gentleman who has had it for 16 years.

Sold new by Hornsby Nissan.

107,000 kms, very straight and original including exhaust/radio speakers etc..... Just needs a good detail.

The wheels are naturally missing as they were stolen a few years back.

Cheers....... Bob.

Hmm, did the wheels actually get stolen off the car e.g. was the car left sitting on bricks?