SAU Community

Aussie Delivered R32 Gtr's

Hey guys,

Here's my Aus delivered GTR that I recently purchased.

Colour: Red Pearl Metallic

Delivered: May 1991

Sold: First ever Aus GTR delivered to a retail customer

Number: 31 of 100 (16087)

KMS: 193,000

Dealership: Gold Coast Nissan (now known as von Bibra Nissan Gold Coast)

Owners: 2 (I'm the second)

Purchased: April 2015

99% stock, it has an aftermarket exhaust which will be removed as soon as I get my hands on a factory one. post-139927-1430134708727_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Congratulations on your purchase. I kept my eye on that car and noticed it was off Carsales early last week.

I too have two GT-R's, a 100% stock ADM and a slightly modified V-Spec 2.

As good as the VS2 is, the stock ADM is just so nice.........

Light clutch, super quite, nice ride.........

The VS2 is substantially faster but a lot more tiring to drive. Louder, a lot stiffer and harsher in the suspension plus a firmer clutch.

Cheers and enjoy........ Bob.

Hi Guys - another ADM has changed hands - after a lot of research I took the plunge and bought build #11260 - now I know it isn't part of the 100, but I reckon it is still a special car. It's original apart from a droney 3" exhaust and a chip. I'm the 3rd owner, the guy I bought it off had it for 17 years! He was as unhappy as I was happy when I picked it up....

Came with the original wheels which haven't been on the car since the 90's - they are perfect, it's on a set of Simmons wheels at the moment - I'll keep them on for normal driving and get the real ones on for club stuff. Only fault with the car are stone chipping to the front end and a tear in the drivers seat bolster - and a small dent in the door which I'll get repaired. Any suggestions on repairing the upholstery - it's a common problem, hopefully someone here has solved it already?

The story is that this car was also used as a press car and as Bob has already said evaluation purposes for Nissan - so I suppose you could say that this car is the reason that there are 100 other ADM's !

I'm a happy lad - been a dream since watching ATCC back in the early 90's to own one, looking forward to garaging her next to my '68 1600 - wifes' Volvo is out in the rain....

Edited by Billygoats

Thanks guys, and yes bob I am in the same boat as you, I much prefer the quiet, comfortable feel of the Aus delivered one, no rigid suspension, light& forgiving clutch, aircon, comfortable seats and last but not least a car that can be driven nice & pleasantly like a normal car...

It's amazing how you go to town on mods with some cars and just loose all the simple traits that are the very reason why you chose that particular car in the first place.

I have a part that some Of you guys may be able to confirm its origin for me, it's a wastegate of a Australian 32 GTR race car, I purchased it off a guy with the story so It could just be a stretched tale but it looks quite legit, it suits the era, is a factory Nissan item & has the tamper wire still connected in place...

I'll have to get a pic tomororow...

Edited by garage13

Going to have to say, the external gate story is pretty far fetched. Group A Gibson GTRs didn't use external gates, neither did the HR31 or DR30s. In fact an external gate would have been blatantly illegal in group A rules.

In fact the only one that comes to mind that I know did were the GrpC bluebirds. Dunno about Exa, never got a real good look at it.

"Tamper" wire is just tie wire, to prevent bolts coming undone, it serves no regulatory purpose.

Now, remember that Nissan also ran many prototype style turbo cars with external gates, and provided engines for many more chassis. No doubt a cool piece, but the story doesn't add up. :)

Hi All,

Better add myself to this list. Happy to be the new owner of the the ADM Bob has had for sale.

Safely delivered here to Perth on Friday and have enjoyed in over the weekend. Bob did an exceptional job bringing it to near showroom condition.

Only thing I'd like to do right now is put back in a standard clutch and get rid of the short shift. Happy new R32 owner here :) Looks like there has been a few of us lately.

Cheers

post-78207-0-01817900-1410078345.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

hi i saw that gtr nice buy, i am also putting out feelers it may be time for me to sell my OZ delivered gtr all stock all matching numbers excellent condition i believe i am the second legit owner the car has just 32000km approx I'm not going to let it go for nothing but if someones looking hit me up cheers