SAU Community

Aussie Delivered R32 Gtr's

Congratulations to...

Aussie_Delivered_R32_GTR for its selection as the R32 GTR ADM representative at the GTR FESTIVAL in May.

Thanks Terry,

I'm really looking forward to this event.

Ironically the car hasn't been out since the 25th Anniversary in August 2014!

Fresh petrol won't hurt.

Bob.

That's great information - Thank You. I was a little suspicions as I also identified that the NSW registration history did not match their advertised story of the vehicle history. They may have an explanation for this though. But I am now better informed of the facts.

How did you know the exact month and colour? Is there a VIN code table that has a break down of the VIN layout and relevant codes so that they can be fully interpreted? I have tried to search to find it and haven't had much luck as there are too many references to VIN. :)

Thanks again

You need to find out more about how the car was imported; because nissan Oz was selling GTRs in 91/92 you can't import them yourself. About the only valid way for that car to be registered is if it was a Personal Import. Check the VIN with DOTARS to find out how it was complied.

I imported a 91 but it is only for race/rally use and can't be fully registered

Under the new rules you can't import them, but there are plenty of imports built around that time that are completely legal

link to proof? the rules have always been that low volume import is not possible when the manufacturer imports them. they can only come in:

Full homologation. Only nissan oz ever had this and only for 91/92 models.

1989 rule - was 15 year old until it was changed to stop all the post 1989 jap goodies coming in. Will become a 30 year old rule in 2019.

Personal import - if you can prove you owned it for 2 years (used to be 1) overseas

SEVS/RAWS etc if the manufacturer didn't import it at that time. So 89, 90, 93, 94 models are OK. 4 cars came in before 91 through scuderia veloce, the rest came in post 93.

Race/Rally - can't be registered except restricted/rally rego

Parts - has to be cut in half at a minimum.

Thanks Terry,

I'm really looking forward to this event.

Ironically the car hasn't been out since the 25th Anniversary in August 2014!

Fresh petrol won't hurt.

Bob.

Haha... And I think it'll be good to have "SAU" stickers on don't you (for MotiveDVD)?

link to proof? the rules have always been that low volume import is not possible when the manufacturer imports them. they can only come in:

Full homologation. Only nissan oz ever had this and only for 91/92 models.

1989 rule - was 15 year old until it was changed to stop all the post 1989 jap goodies coming in. Will become a 30 year old rule in 2019.

Personal import - if you can prove you owned it for 2 years (used to be 1) overseas

SEVS/RAWS etc if the manufacturer didn't import it at that time. So 89, 90, 93, 94 models are OK. 4 cars came in before 91 through scuderia veloce, the rest came in post 93.

Race/Rally - can't be registered except restricted/rally rego

Parts - has to be cut in half at a minimum.

we are talking about information that is now over 10 years old, but under the old system (green metal compliance plates) the rule stated the r32 skyline was eligible, which meant all variants and year models were eligible, just like the 300zx all turbo models were eligible

Under the new system that is not the case, you can only bring in year models that Australia did not sell new

Not exactly...........

The restricted R32's are only if manufactured between July 1 1991 and June 30 1992.

Consequently you could/can import them outside of these dates.

Cheers......... Bob.

under the new rule that is correct, under the old rule it was open slather

• 2 weeks later...

I finally found someone willing to lend me an ADM rear number plate infill panel.

Im already looking at getting some reproduced.

Would anyone be interested?

• Like 2

yuppp

Yes please

As soon as I firm up the prices and arrangements, ill let you guys know what is going on :)

The originals are made out of a thick rubbery kind of material, but the reproductions will be made from fiberglass, however carbon may be an option too.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...