SAU Community

Aussie Delivered R32 Gtr's

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They were black cars..........BUT..........

They were not part of the 100 special build.

They were part of the 4-6 evaluation cars that Nissan brought in for testing and compliance testing.

I can't confirm whether there were 4 or 6 of these cars I'm getting both numbers quoted from various sources.

As you can see with my attached pics, the VIN is well before the first batch of 50 cars.

The Japanese ID tag doesn't have the 40Z prefix either that were assigned to the ADM's.

Cheers,

Bob.

Hi Bob - and everyone else, long time reader first time contributor!

Bob, have you had any luck identifying the original 'prototypes' brought in separately to the 100 ADM's?

I understand there is a blue one in Melbourne - just hearsay though.

Hi Bob - and everyone else, long time reader first time contributor!

Bob, have you had any luck identifying the original 'prototypes' brought in separately to the 100 ADM's?

I understand there is a blue one in Melbourne - just hearsay though.

Hi mate and welcome..........

I know of 3 prototypes....... The interesting thing about them is the VIN's.

They are numbers ending with 11260, 11266 and 11268. So...... were there 9 in total if you fill in the blanks?

I was contacted privately by the gentlemen who owns the blue one in Melbourne (TH1 paintcode). It's not hearsay, it's fact.

Another one, (Gun Metal Grey) is currently for sale on Carsales and the 3rd was the Falken Bathurst 12hr car.

If anyone else knows the whereabouts of any of the others that would be great.

Cheers,

Bob.

post-78207-0-66709900-1426914758_thumb.jpg

I since removed those wheels which I never liked in that YouTube clip and fitted some Volk TE37SL Black Edition with 265s all around...they really suit the period of the car!

post-8728-0-32397400-1426921638_thumb.jpg

I did have my oem r32 rims fitted for a few mths but it just looked too soft IMO...I fell in love with these cars as a kid watching ATCC like most I guess, so it needs to look tough as nails!!!

Hi guys,

A good friend of mine bought the green car off Bob Roman in the early noughties. It had the original interior back in it and the only mods were the gear knob, ARC intake air filter box, wheels (not the ones in the AR&T article) and aftermarket suspension. It changed a bit in the years that he had it.

It saw a fair few track days around Sydney and at one stage it was being prepared for Targa Tasmania (but never made it). I remember it kissed the wall at Oran Park and needed to have the whole side resprayed. When we pulled the trim apart we found that it was actually a metallic red car, not black. I'm sure from memory that it had a dark engine bay though. I remember there was something odd about the colour code on the build plate too.

The last time I saw it, it had gold painted R33 GTR wheels on it and his then girlfriend was driving it around.

He eventually sold it about 8-9 years ago to a guy in QLD. I'd love to know where it is now.

• Like 1