SAU Community

Hdi Intercooler Kit Group Buy

iamhe77

So all this recent talk about the HDi intercooler kits for VQ25det Stagea's had me searching for a "better" price than I was quoted by HDi (just under $1.1k shipped).

Thankfully I have found a supplier that can do such a price - it ain't an awesome price, but it is better >_<

Anyway, $697 is the price which includes express shipping to your door (1-3 business days from when I place the order).

To get this price, we will need a minimum of 10 orders.

Kit includes everything (GT2 intercooler, piping, clamps, joiners, brackets) except the slimline fan - which can be found on eBay

IK-STAGEA-GT2-SH1.jpg

You can see in the below graph that they are an extremely efficient unit, the GT2 core also incorporates HDi's patented Traverse Aero Dynamic Heat Transfer Element which reduces Air restriction to the radiator which can be of concern with normal bar and plate designs.

gtspecintercooler-1.jpg

Group buy will end on the 14th December at which time I will place the order if we have 10 or more that have paid up.

I will require upfront payment as I am not prepared to be stuck with extra units (nor do I have the disposable to buy 10 units!)

Post here of PM :laugh:

Edited by iamhe77

So I just received an email with a revised quote from HDi for a kit sent down to Melbourne.

Down from the $1088 original quote to $873 due to the shipping address being in Melb Metro.

Two things...

1) Fro those who have purchased from HDi before, is this how they usually work

2) The group buy price still stands (20% saving and 1-3 day delivery is not too bad IMO)

Edited by iamhe77

ok so if im correct $873 is non group buy and $697 is group buy?? i will put it to the boss of the house ;) not sure how i can explain to her its worth the money but i will do my best as i really want one of these. any ideas?? :down::P remember my xmas present is already the dump pipe!!

This seller claims the kit can be used with the standard fan no slim line required and not supplied? Comments from some one who has fitted one?
I believe that someone has done it successfully - have to angle it just right- (on this forum but can't remember who) so it is not a false claim but most find it easier to get a slimmer fan.

When the prototype with HDI and the first production kit was done we used a 12" thin fan(easy job...there about $50). From memory is a very snug fit even with this.

Would be good to keep the original fan but pretty sure it has to go!

Don't know who got the original fan to fit.....would have be extremely tight! kudos to them as well!!! I guess you could have a shot at doing it!

i put one in and got a slimline fan instead of the stock one.

remember you may need to change the polarity of the new fan, so dont hard wire them. use plugs so you can change them if needs be

thats their normal price

kit also needs cutting of the reo bar etc due to it being mounted further forward so it doesnt foul the thermo fan.

its cheaper to buy the HDi kit with a $35 thermo fan than getting the Blitz kit and cutting away stuff youll need in an accident

small are the dimensions, and thin also lol

you wont get any power upgrading (or very little), youll get consistent performance no matter the temperature, and allow you to increase the boost safely.

is the factory core on the m35 really that bad? i have seen a number of cars with small cores getting absolutely no gains from upgrading to bigger ones..

anyone know the dimensions of the factory one?

nope....it's not that's bad for a standard FMIC.....it's just way to small for the heat cycle it's put through.

and the GT2 core shit's all over it for flow! :P

All group buys need to be run out of the GB section of the forums.

We have specific rules and information we deem a requirement for such things to be organised.

Please go and have a read, and when ready, start a thread there with the required information.

Thanks.