SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

Yeh, I was so, so , so tempted to try the 68HTA. It is meant to flow about the same, perhaps a little more and be more responsive. In the end the decider was if I was going to make a change then make a change. The 15% more flow was the decider. I also thought that once I see how these all work, or dont then I can always hot rod the TD05H with the 68HTA compressor :)

Now to see how well the lil RB20 uses the extra flow

Yeh, its only done dyno time so like new. But nobody is going to pay $2200 for it when you get get a "Kando the Great" for $800.

If I had an RB30 i dont think i would run any of these turbs. I think you would get a better result out of the GTX3076, more responive and the billet compressors seem to give you a bit more legs at higher pressure ratios. So probably bag you a more responsive 350rwkws.

What about a T67 on an RB30??? That gives me a 3/4 chub just thinking about it :whistling:

What about a T67 on an RB30??? That gives me a 3/4 chub just thinking about it :whistling:

got 2 on the boil :)

Love the Kandos.... just not the int gate ones... they fall in the fail catergory for output when compared to thier ex gate cousins... back to back has shown 20-35rwkw losses :down:

Yeh, its only done dyno time so like new. But nobody is going to pay $2200 for it when you get get a "Kando the Great" for $800.

If I had an RB30 i dont think i would run any of these turbs. I think you would get a better result out of the GTX3076, more responive and the billet compressors seem to give you a bit more legs at higher pressure ratios. So probably bag you a more responsive 350rwkws.

Yeah very true Roy, it is pretty amazing value for money. The problem with the GTX turbo's is the price. That is a major turn off. But maybe I should do a little further research into them.

One issue I had with the T518Z Kando I used was the IWG path and turbine inlet path design..

There was actually a hard edge in the flow path, I have drawn a diagram to show what it was like:

post-43588-0-48292300-1327465056_thumb.jpg

Note that the unshaded area was not curved or shaped in any aerodynamic way, it was simply a hard edge in the flow path.

got 2 on the boil :)

Love the Kandos.... just not the int gate ones... they fall in the fail catergory for output when compared to thier ex gate cousins... back to back has shown 20-35rwkw losses :down:

Hey Trent, you wouldn't be able to post a dyno print would you? showing the boost response preferably. I don't care if there a kando or a Trust version. what would be your personal preference on a street driven Rb30 with a goal of upto 350RWKW? T67-25G, TD06H-25G, TD07S-25G or any other affordable config.

regards

Chris

Hey Trent, you wouldn't be able to post a dyno print would you? showing the boost response preferably. I don't care if there a kando or a Trust version. what would be your personal preference on a street driven Rb30 with a goal of upto 350RWKW? T67-25G, TD06H-25G, TD07S-25G or any other affordable config.

regards

Chris

this is a good example of a td06h-25g 10cm (will post graph fri or sat when i get to the shop)

over 400rwkw and 4200rpm it reaches it target boost threshhold of 24-25psi

i would go 12cm trust version on a rb30d

post-34927-0-43179800-1327472931_thumb.jpg

If Kando starts making 'proper' internal gated versions of their turbos (with a re-designed wastegate flow path) that work, with a Skyline 6-bolt dump flange, nobody would buy Hypergears or even Garrets anymore.

At the price these Kandos are going, they are just unbeatable. Somebody please push Eiji to do a few design changes to make the above turbo..Do Eeet.

this is a good example of a td06h-25g 10cm (will post graph fri or sat when i get to the shop)

over 400rwkw and 4200rpm it reaches it target boost threshhold of 24-25psi

i would go 12cm trust version on a rb30d

There has to be more to the story?!?!? What fuel and what capacity and mods does the SR20 have? And whilst it boosts 24psi at 4,200rpm what power is it actually making at 4,200rpm. On a well sorted RB25 with thicker headgasket, Greddy inlet, Tomei cams and complete TD06SH-25G setup...

At 8,000 rpm it has 308 rwkw

At 7,000 rpm it has 320 rwkw

At 6,000 rpm it has 296 rwkw

At 5,000 rpm it has 230 rwkw

At 4,000 rpm it has 114 rwkw

That was on a dyno that read about 20-25rwkws lower then other dynos it went on and was a pretty conservative ignition map on 98 tune. No doubt it could be improved but massive divide between 360rwkws and 400rwkws out of a 25G compressor?!?!?!

I have a soft spot for the TD/Mitsu range of turbos. But in cases where people are putting turbos on built motors with external gates etc then what is an extra $1000 on a Garret or other turbo IF it gives you an extra 40rwkws at 4,000rpm and matches the top end? Bang for buck its up there...but personally I would bin my Trustck turbo if I could find a sharper tool in the shed :)

Somebody please push Eiji to do a few design changes to make the above turbo..Do Eeet.

rondofj, i choose you!!!!!!!

Pokemon_I_Choose_You_by_RazorRed.jpg

the email is a few pages back, get cracking

rondofj, i choose you!!!!!!!

Pokemon_I_Choose_You_by_RazorRed.jpg

the email is a few pages back, get cracking

Dont choose me mate, you have far more experience/knowledge on turbos than I do,.. but I might just send him an email sometime soon...

If my twin setup sells from my GTR im going single kando...

Which one though? Need response but over 450hp at wheels.

Current -9's have 400hp 19psi safely.

There is only one answer -_- join Simon on teh epic side