SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

that is very laggy imo

it looks like Roys RB20 graph with a few more pony's up top

waiting for results with NVCS working

edit - that sounded a little harsh, 300rwkws from an L2 is great, but full boost at 5000rpm is not lol

LOL, too many results with no VCT :(

Interesting to note that the RB25, even with its extra displacement and half a point of compression doesn't really spool the TD06-20G 10cm as well as an RB20 running an 8cm housing. Will be interesting the difference the VCT makes. Would love to see the engine tuned on 98 instead of corn fuel, but if you have access to E85 and car is tuned for it understand why you wouldn't bother with 98.

med_gallery_462_50_171164.jpg

I don't expect tuning along with E85 can see the result go from 17psi at 4,500rpm to the 21 psi at 4,000rpm of my graph above?!?! Then again I dont know dyno tricks 101 so perhaps there is something different to how the cars were loaded/run on the dyno. But my thing with no EBC and a simple but effective bleed valve which was holes in a bit of fuel line to bleed pressure gave me 21psi at 4,000rpm. Seems both engines are making ~130rwkws at 4,000rpm so the turbo isnt working as hard as you would expect at 4,000rpm on the RB25.

The above graph was not on my tuners dyno, and it was a comparo against one of the tuners cars other setups so it is at least a fair comparison to the other curve which was an RB20 running a HKS GT-RS.

Maybe the 10cm housing it a tad too big for the 20G compressor as the curve seems to have the BIG turbo shape of still climbing at the rev limit vs the bell curve look I would have expected of a 20G on an RB25.

Found it finally

yeah it should get close, was told it had a new clutch..big words like heavy duty and ceramic were used...

looks like they were just that... words :/

I hate the screamer already, when it first cracked I thought WTF!!!...some more work for you Scotty..lol

Thin red line is my old turbo, I have lost a little down low but it doesnt really feel any slower ..power ramps up so much nicer..

DSC04047.jpg

It Did hit 276kw at one point, holds boost nice too

DSC04048.jpg

Im just happy I can drive it again and as long as I dont mash the pedal too hard the clutch holds up ok :D

With with all the vct issues, is it a nistune thing or something else..

Makes a fair difference by the look if things..

With the lighter flywheel I'm putting in, will that help bring the revs up quicker in road?

Mine is because i have no speedo,

Dori's is a haltech

The other IG is an rb20 ecu but now has summit rpm window switch and he has also fitted a 38mm gate to the housing. Will retune soon

good results so far Jez, hope you can sort out the injector squeel, E85 really does make a fking big difference!

Battery, wtf thats not looking good mate, i hope Eiji is able to sort something out for you.

so got a reply back from them on ebay:

It still works as there is high % of Inconel.

If there is smoke, and then you need to start take care of this issue.

Gonna push for a replacement cause im not really interested in putting a timebomb back on...

All suppliers will cover their backside first, regardless of if they will warranty the issue or not.

You should ask him if the turbo gave up next week would he replace it then? And if the motor injested parts of smashed turbine wheel will he also warranty that?

Just point out there is a reasonaby high risk and the cracks were not there from new. That means they will only continue to spread.

Having worked with the person before I know he will accept the warranty claim after you make a large enough fuss about it.

Yeh, between United and Caltex it will be pretty easy for me to run E85 now. I am still going to just use Datalogit to switch back to ULP for daily duties and making sure I dont have E85 just sitting around in the tank and lines when I am away with work etc.

So can someone start to explain the difference between Artz's RB5-20G result and DVS JEZ's? Surely VCT and tweaking a tune doesnt make 1,000rpm difference in response???? I ask because I have read that on some setups E85 can make a setup spool a little slower....have not seen any cases of it yet and wondering if its a factor in this case

Yeh, between United and Caltex it will be pretty easy for me to run E85 now. I am still going to just use Datalogit to switch back to ULP for daily duties and making sure I dont have E85 just sitting around in the tank and lines when I am away with work etc.

Yup :thumbsup:

So can someone start to explain the difference between Artz's RB5-20G result and DVS JEZ's? Surely VCT and tweaking a tune doesnt make 1,000rpm difference in response???? I ask because I have read that on some setups E85 can make a setup spool a little slower....have not seen any cases of it yet and wondering if its a factor in this case

yeah I got no idea, i dont quite understand VCT well enough to know how much difference it should make but it does seem a bit too much..

Jez is also top mount, which usually will helps spool a little earlier doesnt it...

Yup :thumbsup:

yeah I got no idea, i dont quite understand VCT well enough to know how much difference it should make but it does seem a bit too much..

Also Jez has top mount which i thought should help spool earlier..

Jez is also top mount, which usually will helps spool a little earlier doesnt it...

You said that twice in the same post... You drunk? Lol.

I don't see how top mount would help response? Unless the manifold is a restriction, and as I was told in the other thread in no uncertain terms, the stock manifold is not a restriction at these sorts of power levels. So I can't see top mount being of any benefit performance wise.

Jez is fairly conservative when it comes to his tunes in general, leaving a big safety margin. I would say his is just not finished yet and is still in its build stages, once VCT is in and hes able to ramp boost on harder Im sure the results will reflect its completed state.