SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

A thought just popped into my head...

makes me laugh a little

3 years ago anyone conpemplating a MHI/Trust turbo wouldve have been hunted down and shot and told that a GT30 or GT-RS is the only way to go for an RB25.....now we have people droooling over a cheap EBAY copy of an MHI turbo

only the puppets... been a trust / blitz apexi guy from way back... it only takes a few trips to real jap shops to see the creme de la creme.

Every drift car in aus with a genuine l2 on it came one way or another from me as did the rx6 kits.

now there is cheaper options it all makes perfect sense but 3 years back when we were using the ebay gear direct we copped alot of flack... many dealers got the shits as we were selling the turbos for less (1100 back then) and making less margin than the garrett equivs but got the results.

With me its never about the money (profit)... its about the result. Cats turbo was 2500 alone but its what i wanted and it gave the results.

so i was looking up different ways to mount an ext gate and across this method.. how interesting for those who used to run IWG versions but dont want to block it off simply take out the flap and do this.. oh and before you say anything this is working on a 500hp Volvo S60R

88ce897d4cbe81b5-large.jpg

That would work but I think its inferior to the way ARTZ has his done.

His is the creme de la creme of factory position EWG IMHO

so i was looking up different ways to mount an ext gate and across this method.. how interesting for those who used to run IWG versions but dont want to block it off simply take out the flap and do this.. oh and before you say anything this is working on a 500hp Volvo S60R

there is a difference between working and optimum and thats far from optimium, we tested that with the kando and it was still down on power compared to swapping out the rear housing for a proper ex gate item.

Your probably not wrong, I wont go there for now. Hate 'he said she said's', especially on the net lol. V8s did end up going E85 though, but with the guaranteed content CSR shit.

I have heard reports that eflex is fairly consistent at the e70 mark.. But I just cant get past the fact its a varying content fuel. Like I said in the HG thread, I fully believe in it as long as its used with a content sensor.

Once it properly rolls out in NSW and is available everywhere I will honestly be buying a flex capable ecu and getting it tuned on that :)

I just did a huge test (2nd round of independant tests) on a 420rwkw gtr (autronic eflex setup) last weekend and can tell you now that all the brands ended up with a big fat DRAW.

testing showed united and caltex to be on par and about 4kw down when at e70 compared to e85 on a safe normal customer tune so you wont notice any difference, yes the af changes between e85 and e70 as we all know but it is manageable and the 4kw difference shows the amount of change.

Tuned hard beyond the "normal" customer tune we found the 3 types of fuel to be on par and we got to the same peak power give or take 3-4rwkw which is probably more heat related than fuel related.

Graphs attached are the final 20psi results with -5's on bp98 and e85 and with the old garret supplied preloaded gates... which needed to be RE TENSIONED... bastards.

post-34927-0-19902600-1333603408_thumb.jpg

post-34927-0-91542400-1333603412_thumb.jpg

Oh gawd that is horrid..why do people think they can merge a WG in 10 inches from the turbine at that angle and expect it to perform well..

At the very least merge into a larger diameter pipe

I just did a huge test (2nd round of independant tests) on a 420rwkw gtr (autronic eflex setup) last weekend and can tell you now that all the brands ended up with a big fat DRAW.

testing showed united and caltex to be on par and about 4kw down when at e70 compared to e85 on a safe normal customer tune so you wont notice any difference, yes the af changes between e85 and e70 as we all know but it is manageable and the 4kw difference shows the amount of change.

Tuned hard beyond the "normal" customer tune we found the 3 types of fuel to be on par and we got to the same peak power give or take 3-4rwkw which is probably more heat related than fuel related.

Graphs attached are the final 20psi results with -5's on bp98 and e85 and with the old garret supplied preloaded gates... which needed to be RE TENSIONED... bastards.

That is fair enough and honestly not that surprising, but a little inconclusive in terms of the issue I raised. You are running an autronic eflex setup as mentioned so the ECU is obviously compensating for the difference. As stated prior I honestly dont have an issue with that and would happily run it myself (its just an expensive outlay when there are only 2 servos near me that sell the stuff, and both are 20k from home).

What I really want to clarify is the untuned and uncompensated difference between E70 and E85. I would like to see the result of a car tuned for E85 and then switched to E70, without compensation to the tune. IE tune a car with a Nistune to E85 and then fill it up with E70 and see what happens.

The reason I think stating only a 4kw difference is inconclusive is because Im not concerned about the potential of the fuel vs the motor. As I am confident you can extract more than what most setups can give on E70 making E85 redundant.. But that doesnt indicate anything to the mixtures and the resultant safety margin.

If you could comment on that scenario that would be great.

That is fair enough and honestly not that surprising, but a little inconclusive in terms of the issue I raised. You are running an autronic eflex setup as mentioned so the ECU is obviously compensating for the difference. As stated prior I honestly dont have an issue with that and would happily run it myself (its just an expensive outlay when there are only 2 servos near me that sell the stuff, and both are 20k from home).

What I really want to clarify is the untuned and uncompensated difference between E70 and E85. I would like to see the result of a car tuned for E85 and then switched to E70, without compensation to the tune. IE tune a car with a Nistune to E85 and then fill it up with E70 and see what happens.

The reason I think stating only a 4kw difference is inconclusive is because Im not concerned about the potential of the fuel vs the motor. As I am confident you can extract more than what most setups can give on E70 making E85 redundant.. But that doesnt indicate anything to the mixtures.

If you could comment on that scenario that would be great.

results were done with the comp tables turned off. 4kw loss on E70 was the result of fatter mixtures. (with comp it stretched to 7rwkw)

I know the exact change in lambda between e70 and e85 as i get to see it multipes times a week. Put simply If you tune a car on E85 correctley and then fill with e70 it will get safer (provided you have not screwed the timing table way to far on 85) there is a small difference in timing requirements but the average tune done by myself has this compensated for even in non eflex situations.

All my e85 tunes are just as safe on e70 regardless of if they run eflex sensors or not.

thanks for taking the time to share mate, thats really valuable info

i wonder if all tuners would keep to the same margins. my biggest concern liesin a car tuned on e70 and tunedto its ragged edge, then filling up on e85.

either way, you have bestowed some faith in me. thanks,

results were done with the comp tables turned off. 4kw loss on E70 was the result of fatter mixtures. (with comp it stretched to 7rwkw)

I know the exact change in lambda between e70 and e85 as i get to see it multipes times a week. Put simply If you tune a car on E85 correctley and then fill with e70 it will get safer (provided you have not screwed the timing table way to far on 85) there is a small difference in timing requirements but the average tune done by myself has this compensated for even in non eflex situations.

All my e85 tunes are just as safe on e70 regardless of if they run eflex sensors or not.

This is interesting stuff.

So really you just have to make sure your tune is 100% done on the barrel stuff.

Then when you fill up at the servos that do change their content mix it will still be in the safe zone.

I like the idea of this because I currently am running a Nistune

Cant wait for NSW/ACT to get with the times and start supplying.

His is the creme de la creme of factory position EWG IMHO

lol...im not sure mine is creme de la anything..buts probably as good it can get for what it is..:laugh:

We are going to plumb it in, screamer doesnt do it for me..

it will plumb in just before the cat on a very slight angle, 3' and 2' Into 3.5'...i will run it on the dyno to see how much is lost doing it..

This is interesting stuff.

So really you just have to make sure your tune is 100% done on the barrel stuff.

Then when you fill up at the servos that do change their content mix it will still be in the safe zone.

I like the idea of this because I currently am running a Nistune

Cant wait for NSW/ACT to get with the times and start supplying.

Not exactly as the drum e85 ie sucrogen is a higher octane

Had another fail tonight with the internal 20g. Customer has modified the gate and the dump pipe but still boosting up to 22psi. After inspecting though the wastegate arm isnt moving freely. It seems as though the bush has failed when he has heated up and welded the internal gate etc.

So i gave him my old ebay 38mm gate to weld on and try.

Retune on monday or so.

Hoping but cant promise i can tune the drifter tomorrow during the holidays. If my boss lady lets me

Jez man just smash that POS housing with a big hammer, tell em to stop wasting your time and not to come back till its built properly..

Act has 2 servos ;)

FYP..

No shit last time I was there I got sick of looking and drove to Yass for fuel..