SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

A thought just popped into my head...

makes me laugh a little

3 years ago anyone conpemplating a MHI/Trust turbo wouldve have been hunted down and shot and told that a GT30 or GT-RS is the only way to go for an RB25.....now we have people droooling over a cheap EBAY copy of an MHI turbo

makes me laugh a little

3 years ago anyone conpemplating a MHI/Trust turbo wouldve have been hunted down and shot and told that a GT30 or GT-RS is the only way to go for an RB25.....now we have people droooling over a cheap EBAY copy of an MHI turbo

yeah, these kando turbos totally makes me jizz my pants.

cheers Scott, wouldn't hurt to try the anti surge cover anyway, + if VCT can be fixed then even more response/torque, yay

TBH if i had seen the results in this thread then i wouldn't have gone down the Garrett path... Its been a long expensive road and is still YET to be tuned... I guess its why i read this thread all the time to see what others are coming up with and also so i can kick my own ass for not researching harder :P

But on that note, the spool sound of a 3037-56T is pretty awesome!

Haters Gonna Hate :laugh:

makes me laugh a little

It was a cost thing.

The results that were around indicated they were good things but the premium paid for trust gear was unpalatable when you could get a new gen Garrett for half the price.

That and majority rules when you're dealing with sheeple :P

There were a few who always knew MHI turbos were fine, but there is a group mentality which I suppose is always going to happen on forums which is whats going on here. The fact that the MHI turbos are becoming trendy shows how behind the times this place is, if they (/Kando) are being considered as class setting for any reason other than value for money.

I've been LONG a fan of the MHI turbos where the application suits, we specced and used a TD05-16G off an EVO on an RB20DET in 2005 over peoples recommendations for various Garrett/HKS units and it turned out really really well.

When I was looking into turbos Trust were the only options I saw viable to me for a Mitsi based turbo, and it would have been a 20G if I did it - iirc there was no internal gate option so it would have been a turbo kit north of $5000 at the time which just wasn't going to happen.

Anyone who has got a GT3076R shouldn't regret not getting a TD06-20G or 25G imho - I still view it as a better balance, though there is a shrinking gain vs money spent... particularly now Kando are doing these things. They have certainly made awesome performance very affordable!

When you factor in EG cost and custom pipewrok, it really isn't any cheaper than a bolton IG garret.. is it any faster I'm not sure yet..

I just did it for something a bit different ..

Matt the spool sound on my SL2 is sexy and seductive, wish I had a billet wheel though. :)

But with the EG it'd still have the advantage of better boost control over the IG Garrett? So worthwhile....

Did it for Teh Lulz?

I cant wait to hear the difference... I looked at the GTX with billet wheel but couldn't justify the extra $$$

Well, all my guns are loaded for a Sandown at the end of April so have a little over 3 weeks to get the car back from Sydney, new tyres, new 73HTA turbo installed and tune on E85. Wont have time to make my exhaust so will have to hope the EPA are nice to me and I dont get pinged for noise again :( Real keen to see if the billet wheel makes much of a difference. From there the next step will be whether the Kando billet is much chop :whistling:

When you factor in EG cost and custom pipewrok, it really isn't any cheaper than a bolton IG garret.. is it any faster I'm not sure yet..

Not true man.

You should have a 20G fitted and fabbed for the cost of an IW garrett on its own (Turbo itself with IW housing and actuator).

Im pretty sure they go for over $1000 without the rear housing and the genuine garrett housing is over $500 without the actuator which is another $120 atleast. And forgive me if I am wrong but a Garrett CHRA is in the vicinity of $1300. Call it $1800 to be fair and you still dont have a dump pipe, intake pipe or lines.

Kando is $700, EWG $400, say $600 to attach the gate and make a dump pipe, say $300 for an intake pipe and some silicon/odds and ends. Totals $2k and its actually on and running, waiting for a tune.

makes me laugh a little

And 3 years ago highflows were the poor man's alternative to a good turbo lol!!!

Not true man.

You should have a 20G fitted and fabbed for the cost of an IW garrett on its own (Turbo itself with IW housing and actuator).

Im pretty sure they go for over $1000 without the rear housing and the genuine garrett housing is over $500 without the actuator which is another $120 atleast. And forgive me if I am wrong but a Garrett CHRA is in the vicinity of $1300. Call it $1800 to be fair and you still dont have a dump pipe, intake pipe or lines.

Kando is $700, EWG $400, say $600 to attach the gate and make a dump pipe, say $300 for an intake pipe and some silicon/odds and ends. Totals $2k and its actually on and running, waiting for a tune.

Exactly 2k...its not alot cheaper in the end unless you can weld up all your pipes then it is...

Not true man.

Garret GT3076R in the US (no actuator, lines etc) - around 1100-1400, depending where u shop.. Plus an actuator, say 100, lines maybe 100, and u easily have a superior? product the cost of or cheaper than a HG. Better resale value too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-REAL-GARRETT-GT3076R-Turbo-/180856806023?hash=item2a1be7da87&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Garrett-GT3076R-GT30R-GT3037-Turbo-Ball-bearing-550HP-/370230703396?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5633783524&vxp=mtr

Were you gonna swim there and swim back with it yourself or are they cutting you a special deal on postage? How bout that standard dump pipe too...

That does sound easy...why haven't you done it already?!

Garret GT3076R in the US (no actuator, lines etc) - around 1100-1400, depending where u shop.. Plus an actuator, say 100, lines maybe 100, and u easily have a superior? product the cost of or cheaper than a HG. Better resale value too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-REAL-GARRETT-GT3076R-Turbo-/180856806023?hash=item2a1be7da87&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Garrett-GT3076R-GT30R-GT3037-Turbo-Ball-bearing-550HP-/370230703396?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5633783524&vxp=mtr

They are external gated turbos... You have no idea what you are on about!

Plus more like $500 for lines

Exactly 2k...its not alot cheaper in the end unless you can weld up all your pipes then it is...

Mate.... Its 2k for a Kando fully set up, its 1800 for a garret with no dumps/lines/pipes ETC.

In fact its over 2k for a 3076R with an IWG and goodluck making a 5 bolt dump for the same price as your V band job when the kando COMES WITH the bloody V band ring.

http://www.ebay.com/...be7da87&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/...3783524&vxp=mtr

Dude thats $1200 for an external gate version, so simply add $500 to the kando equation (700+500=1200)... Meaning all things equal the 3076R costs another $500 on top.

Check what I said above about the IWG version, it is even more expensive again.

EDIT: plus the lines like Simon said. BUT Kando do the lines for about 150 from memory. (LOL Kando lines on a Garrett turbo)

Ron by the time you pay for shipping a wastegate and all the other crap needed to make that work..it will probably be twice the price of hyperGears best..not to mention the stuff around should you need to claim warranty..

we not comparing HG to garret here anyway that's another conversation all together , this one is about kandos. :thumbsup:

Once we have closure on final results for the 20G I am going to approach a few members and do a 'bang for buck as at 2012' thread and try get it stickied.

That way we can clearly see the outcome of all the available options and a rough price guide for people to follow. I think its necessary.

so i was looking up different ways to mount an ext gate and across this method.. how interesting for those who used to run IWG versions but dont want to block it off simply take out the flap and do this.. oh and before you say anything this is working on a 500hp Volvo S60R

88ce897d4cbe81b5-large.jpg