SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

Birds you mean you are going to go a full flex system? Need to be careful which ECU you get to do that, and tuning will be costly. AFAIK Most entry level flex fuel ECU's have a compensation ability but limited ability to tune right back to 98.

Unless you mean to run dual maps, which is another easy option again based on the ecu (something id try if I could).

There is a lack of good looking women in my parts, but have car shit up to my ears. By product of being single and not having a mortgage

A friend recently went the E85 route for his track only R32 GTSt (c/w dirty RB25). Perhaps his 3076 has a little more flow potential then the 20G but i suspect you could give 320-330 a nudge on E85 based on his result

526896_10150924763563662_643798661_12898382_2091813083_n.jpg

I am going to give E85 a nudge as my car is very sensitive to ignition these days so talk is it would benefit more than some on E85. I suspect I wont get a back to back result with the 20G, rather the 73HTA wiht 98 vs E85 as I am praying that this lump of alloy isnt a steamer like everything else I have thrown at my car the past 24 months :(

That graph with cams? I got sent a graph of a GT3076R with poncams on RB25 with E85 last week and it was very impressive. Impressive enough for me to want cams or a GT3076R haha

Exactly birds, the safety is the key. I bet if you tune for both you will never run the 98 again. (unless you want to drive to Sydney in it one day)

I never had any storage issues. I think people get all worried due to the storage problems methanol has, they are not the same fuel.

Hahaha probably. Well that's the goal...keeping the 98 tune was simply for emergencies or long distance stuff. Chris reckons he can do me an E-flex tune that will allow me to putt around on 98 (off boost) should I need to use it. But Id rather just have dedicated maps that I switch between with a laptop.

Birds you mean you are going to go a full flex system? Need to be careful which ECU you get to do that, and tuning will be costly. AFAIK Most entry level flex fuel ECU's have a compensation ability but limited ability to tune right back to 98.

Unless you mean to run dual maps, which is another easy option again based on the ecu (something id try if I could).

Nah I'll just be tuning for a specific mix with the PFC and using a content sensor / wideband to look after it. May run three maps, 98/E70/E85 so I can swap between them all depending what the content sensor says.

That graph with cams? I got sent a graph of a GT3076R with poncams on RB25 with E85 last week and it was very impressive. Impressive enough for me to want cams or a GT3076R haha

To the best of my knowledge (95% sure) the engine is 100% internally std inc cams. It has a 6 boost split pulse manifold, 1:06 A/R turbine housing, Jun copy plenum and that's about it to go along with the 3076

Nah I'll just be tuning for a specific mix with the PFC and using a content sensor / wideband to look after it. May run three maps, 98/E70/E85 so I can swap between them all depending what the content sensor says.

Ah so you will be switching maps dependant on your content sensor reading (manual overide) gotcha.

To the best of my knowledge (95% sure) the engine is 100% internally std inc cams. It has a 6 boost split pulse manifold, 1:06 A/R turbine housing, Jun copy plenum and that's about it to go along with the 3076

Split pulse changes everything.. Cant compare anymore.

The results I posted are not a GTX3076. LOL I hope he doesn't mind me posting pics. Dont really agree that the twin scroll makes up for a big difference. If anything its the 1:06 housing that makes a difference to what you would normally see as at 120km/t it made the same power as my car (we use different wheel sizes so that factors into it)

40088_482196788661_643798661_6615694_8262057_n.jpg

40088_482196783661_643798661_6615693_1478355_n.jpg

40088_482196778661_643798661_6615692_8370105_n.jpg

200626_10150222315403662_643798661_9068797_7793334_n.jpg

Ah so you will be switching maps dependant on your content sensor reading (manual overide) gotcha.

Yeah. Without getting into another ethanol debate, it'd be fairly safe to tune for E70 and use that map for whatever content I come across...but I'd rather chase the extra performance from a dual map setup. An extra minute at the servo loading up a tune isn't gonna kill me :)

Thats the same style turbo i have fitted Roy, but i just have the standard single scroll .82 rear with a 6Boost manifold... The Poncams just arrived today so just gotta fit them up and save for an ECU and see if i can get similar results to you Kando boys :woot:

That should be a STOUT setup Matt, a 3076R is a nice turbo and put on a 6boober (assuming EWG) can only make it better.

Roy I guess we will have to agree to disagree here, remembering that twin scroll Evos went from 9 to 9.8 to 10.5 to 12cm twin scroll housings and have only gotten more responsive and with more torque as the models progressed.

Roy I guess we will have to agree to disagree here, remembering that twin scroll Evos went from 9 to 9.8 to 10.5 to 12cm twin scroll housings and have only gotten more responsive and with more torque as the models progressed.

Hey, if I had the option then thats the way I would go as I appreciate they do end up with a better result. I tend to look at the few people that have gone single scroll to twin scroll setup sand looked at the differences. Fair point about the EVOs but you need to factor in the boost differences from the factory, the turbo wheels themselves, the addition of MIVEC to some models, the developments in the heads and cams etc. I am no EVO nut, I leave all that techno fluff to my mate...but I think the engine and wheels the later models are running has more influence then the twin scroll. But I would take it if I could, expecially on a 6 cylinder where on paper it will have more merit then a 4 cylinder

edit...if you can find a T3 twin scroll housing that will fit onto my TD06 then will throw it on my car with the HKS manifold. Pretty sure that manifold is going on my new cheater motor. But i think if the 73HTA works well then I will end up with a 76HTA FP twin scroll on my chook cooker

so ive been running e85 for 9ish months now and its not uncommon for the car to sit full with E85 for 5-6 weeks at a time between starts. I drained the tank recently and checked over the fuel system for signs of corrision but i didn't find any abnormal wear... I cut into the filter and also a few hoses to be sure. How long is this "hose disintergration" process supposed to take lol

Actually now that i think about it maybe E85 corrosion is what caused the cracks in my turbine wheel haha

Edited by battery

Bris your cheater spec stroker has been talked about more than what I talk about getting a car finished for racing

Just do it already

Do you want to be the guy who gets beaten by me in building an engine?

I wouldn't lol

so ive been running e85 for 9ish months now and its not uncommon for the car to sit full with E85 for 5-6 weeks at a time between starts. I drained the tank recently and checked over the fuel system for signs of corrision but i didn't find any abnormal wear... I cut into the filter and also a few hoses to be sure. How long is this "hose disintergration" process supposed to take lol

Actually now that i think about it maybe E85 corrosion is what caused the cracks in my turbine wheel haha

thats reassuring, funny how peoples on here that have never even used e85 have a million problems with it (yeah im looking at you jas :glare:)

and those that are using it.......Have None..

get your car working man i want to go for a cruise with you when mines working

Bris your cheater spec stroker has been talked about more than what I talk about getting a car finished for racing

Just do it already

Do you want to be the guy who gets beaten by me in building an engine?

I wouldn't lol

You have a car :blink:

LOL, I know, but the lil RB20 just keeps on rocking. Cant bring myself to replace it when with that money I can go on holidays, or say...buy more brake kits :) I can't wait to throw the 18G on and see how it compares to the 20G on the lil RB20

E85 fumes chewed out a metal turbine and left the rubber fuel lines intact...or just a manufacturing fault in a cheap Chinese turbo...lock in B, Eddie.

:P