SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Said my good-byes to mine.

After waiting 2.5 weeks for the assessor to assess it, it is now a total loss and will be going through Pickles sometime soon.

Damn good car and was running beautifully even after 230,000kms. Will be missed.

After waiting 2.5 weeks for the assessor to assess it, it is now a total loss and will be going through Pickles sometime soon.

Damn good car and was running beautifully even after 230,000kms. Will be missed.

WTF?blink.gif

I'm assuming accident; occupants all ok? Too soon for plans on a new Stagea?

That's miserable Cam; here's me whining about a scratch.confused.gif

WTF?blink.gif

^^ What he said! Hope you're okay mate.

Damn Cam! Everyone is ok?

No chance of a buy back and rebuild?

WTF?blink.gif

haha, perspective eh?

^^ What he said! Hope you're okay mate.

Yep, I was fine. Nobody else in the car thankfully.

Damn Cam! Everyone is ok?

No chance of a buy back and rebuild?

Can buy back for $6k. Dunno the full extent of the damage but the front Axis S panels add up to $3.5k from Nissan, then there are the NM35 parts that need to be replaced.

With 230000km; it's probably a good opportunity to go again, if he's that way inclined.

PNM35 + http://www.skylinesa...25#entry6122625 = awesome?

Haha, there is a cheaper kit on SAU at the moment but I dunno if the HKS is the one I'd go for.

Depends on what I get I guess, but yes going PM35.

haha, perspective eh?

Yep, I was fine. Nobody else in the car thankfully.

Can buy back for $6k. Dunno the full extent of the damage but the front Axis S panels add up to $3.5k from Nissan, then there are the NM35 parts that need to be replaced.

Haha, there is a cheaper kit on SAU at the moment but I dunno if the HKS is the one I'd go for.

Good to hear.

Lol, at least you're not buying a 200SX...

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

So it was primarily panels? Not structural at all? Might be worth picking up at auction if the price is right. $6k seems a bit rich to me.

Who was your insurer? 2.5 weeks to get the assessment seems absurdly long!

Shannons are my insurer and I was surprised in the delay also.

Might have something to do with the car being at a "regional" repair shop though.

Structural? I don't know. I was told that the chassis rail were fine but I only got to have a quick look at it in the dark before the truck took it away.

With 230000km; it's probably a good opportunity to go again, if he's that way inclined.

PNM35 + http://www.skylinesa...25#entry6122625 = WORLD DOMINATION!

FYP brah...whistling.gif

wub.gif

You don't stand a chance. It will become turbo- once the bug has bitten you don't go back.

I say- PM35 (thats the rwd one) 6 Speed conversion, APS TT kit. Built internals. THAT would be one hell of a Stagea.

wub.gif

You don't stand a chance. It will become turbo- once the bug has bitten you don't go back.

I say- PM35 (thats the rwd one) 6 Speed conversion, APS TT kit. Built internals. THAT would be one hell of a Stagea.

No longer exists.

Power Enterprise TT or Momentum Performance single perhaps?

So you mean a built 350s with twin turbo, eh?

No longer exists.

Power Enterprise TT or Momentum Performance single perhaps?

So you mean a built 350s with twin turbo, eh?

Yup. Twins is something PNM/NM35s will never achieve. There is something called a driveshaft that prohibits that kind of fun dry.gif

Simple - RWD- get a TT kit, awd get a single turbo kit. Or supercharge to to be different?

Plenty of stuff out there to build a VQ35de. Thankfully parts are sort of cheap and plentiful thanks to the US market. I was looking at Tomei conrods today for ~$900 USD, add some Cosworth 9.0:1 pistons (not so cheap), studs, uprated gaskets, bearings and slap together. Make 500hp on 14psi, and find a plentiful supply of re5r05a.

Bought a wideband, Innovate MTX-L, and got some HKS sensors coming over with a Nismo thermostat from Jesse.

Car is about to get some HKS lovin' :wub:

If I can get my soldering iron fixed might even get the cruise control kit in over the next week! :woot:

my silver stagea magicallly turned into a black 300zx coupe .. from one headache to another.. although.. parts are craploads cheaper and more common thankfully.. although working on the car at this point is worse than the m35 :S

PS Cam .. sorry to hear about your loss.. least you didnt have to give it away for debts like mine.. miss it dearly!

Edited by PetroDola

shit Cam, sorry to hear... was just going through ebay and there is heaps and heaps of parts if you can be cbf buying and waiting.. if the payouts good... get another for cheaper and start fressh with under 80,000 :thumbsup:

we will be hunting together for a new stagea :whistling:

wub.gif

I knew it was going to happen, but having so many bits readily available, I've been putting a couple of lists together... on if I get RWD and one if I get AWD rolleyes.gifblush.gif

my silver stagea magicallly turned into a black 300zx coupe .. from one headache to another.. although.. parts are craploads cheaper and more common thankfully.. although working on the car at this point is worse than the m35 :S

PS Cam .. sorry to hear about your loss.. least you didnt have to give it away for debts like mine.. miss it dearly!

True, I have certainly missed it and I'm sure will continue to do so (currently driving around in a Mazda 3 and will soon be taking the Magna as my daily).

Don't envy you at all working on a 300zx.

shit Cam, sorry to hear... was just going through ebay and there is heaps and heaps of parts if you can be cbf buying and waiting.. if the payouts good... get another for cheaper and start fressh with under 80,000 :thumbsup:

we will be hunting together for a new stagea :whistling:

Thanks man, getting the payout and not buying mine back. It is being picked up to go to Pickles today I am told.

Also, PM sent

Four new Michelin Primacy LC 255 55 17 tyres balanced and aligned and new front rotors and brake pads $1275 NZD all up

brakes like a bitch now and hopefully no more awd fish tails in the wet like I had recently

Edited by STAG250