SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Tried to install FM band expander but once had pulled the stereo out realised that the one I've got does not match the aerial plug for the stereo. Sumofabiitch.. Put it back together and I'e got 2 screws left over, not sure what for though. Damn.

Went and saw my painter to get a quote to repair the vandalism on my car; I think he was more pissed off about it than I was!:spank:

Looks like it will be around $600 to repair; he's confident he can mask around the rear glass, and this will mean we can do the whole rear quarter/cant rail area, rather than "blowing in" the top of the C pillar. The quote also includes repairing the additional foot long scratch on the DS front quarter that I didn't notice initially. :angry:

Considering doing the other rear quarter/cant rail to correct a mark from the previous owner, and possibly the tailgate while he's there.

See what happens in the new year.

Edited by Daleo

just respray the whole car :P

It's not entirely off the table yet; most likely just rub back & re-apply the clear, if I decide to go that way.

But have I then made it even more of a target?:angry:

Nice try Banana man! :P

I'll let Leon answer it though!

Yes, I was waiting for him to answer...you poor sex starved SOB...:nyaanyaa:

just sayin'... "Can't fault it" sounds a lot more conservative the all the toher "OMFGBBQ IT ROKZZZZZ +10000" responses that others have posted after the install...

Edited by ironpaw

Yes, I was waiting for him to answer...you poor sex starved SOB...:nyaanyaa:

just sayin'... "Can't fault it" sounds a lot more conservative the all the toher "OMFGBBQ IT ROKZZZZZ +10000" responses that others have posted after the install...

rofl.gifyou met Leon?

Talk to your Vic installer if you have doubts Jethro.....Scott!

Edited by Jetwreck

Hey Jethro, sorry for not being more enthusiastic about the Transgo kit, lol. It may have read like I was a bit 'meh' about the whole thing, but that is far from the truth.

I've read pretty well every post in every thread on every forum relating to the VB upgrade, & except for a few unfortunates who probably stuffed theirs up, the results are mostly the same. So, after testing mine & finding it performed exactly as expected, that's what I posted (honest as always :happy: ).

I've been thinking about how Transgo developed the HD2 kit for RE5 g/box. Given their target market was probably the Infiniti G35 (sport/luxury), I think a HD1 would be too soft & slow & a HD3 would be too harsh for the majority who don't track their cars. I reckon they got it bang on with the mid range kit & suits our cars IMO.

But if you want more details, so I can be added to the "it was a fully sic upgrade bro" crowd :P , then here goes:

On launch the wheels spin for a noticeably longer time.

I haven't yet experienced the chirp into 2nd gear at WOT. Maybe too much grip, maybe not enough power, either way a little bummed. However, maybe the TCU will learn new parameters after a while & it could happen (could be a Pantene moment, lol).

I took my missus for a drive and, while driving on light throttle, was boasting about how smooth the changes were. Later she says 'how much money did you waste on this?' & I put 2 & 2 together & came up with she was disappointed. So I put the boot in & all was forgiven :wub: .

I admit I've been more excited by other mods I've done, but that was more to do with the unexpected results than anything else. I love spending a $2 & getting a great result (eg brake wire cut) & even though the VB upgrade wasn't cheap by the time you put a cooler in, fill it with ATF etc, it is still excellent value & a 'must do' for anyone wanting to get more power to the ground reliably.

rofl.gifyou met Leon?

Talk to your Vic installer if you have doubts Jethro.....Scott!

Nah, I've already got a kit in my gearbox and I'm through spending more $$$ on the car....

althought I did drop off the car with the gas mob so they can fit larger jets in....then get a retune with Cihan....althought Scott might have to drive the car there :whistling:

Has anyone noticed the 1st to 2nd change isn't as firm as the rest? Still a big improvement over stock but not quite as firm as the other changes. Unless I'm not putting the boot in enough! I'm still yet to do a full throttle shift in it since I fitted the kit.

Has anyone noticed the 1st to 2nd change isn't as firm as the rest? Still a big improvement over stock but not quite as firm as the other changes. Unless I'm not putting the boot in enough! I'm still yet to do a full throttle shift in it since I fitted the kit.

I haven't noticed as yet. I thought they all felt roughly (smoothly? lol) the same in the brief drives I've done.

if you stomp on the gas and try shift from 1st gear at 4000rpm it still hits the limitter twice before it changes but its alot of fun HAHA