SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Looks sweet.

Can I ask, are your guards rolled, do they scrub at that height?

Looking at (when i sell my Pupra anyway)19x9.5s at around +15-+20 but that offset looks pretty spont on....

I assume you have a manual too.

Also Sika'd my side skirt brackets properly today....

My guards are rolled and they don't scrub. The plastic inner guard lining hangs down a bit in the front, so occasionally it rubs on that, but nothing major. I really need to get out there and refit it!

It's an auto and runs a 15mm bolt on spacer up front. If it was a manual, I'd be going for 10" +15. That way it gets rid of the need for the front spacer and would still fill out the rear guards.

So we have had this stagea for about 5 years now and have never posted it here hehe it has been a great car for my wife, it is her daily driver and had minimal dramas. It is a 99 RS rwd auto yer baby :-)

Ok so my wife and I just had our first baby so while she could not drive I decided to give the old girl a birthday.

I fitted some BC V1 coil overs, new tie rod ends, new front pads, a service, replaced the leaking inlet cam lip seal and fitted a Thule luggage box for holidays. I know it's not as racy as some on here but this car serves us well and it is now kited out ready for another holiday.

e2285e80.jpg

I think it looks kinda cool with the luggage carrier up top!

Those guys are legends. The fact that you can walk in say "M35 Stagea" and they know what you're on about is pretty cool. :thumbsup:

That's pretty cool. FTGully Nissan used to be like that.

washed and polished, looks like new again. :yes:

washj.jpg

wash2.jpg

It looks very nice! I like it!

Fitted the Cusco front camber arms to my S1 yesterday set to max negative camber. Don't know what that is yet -still to get wheel alignment. Not recommended for street use - makes it very tip toe but seems to help in cornering. Got them mainly to take max advantage of my slicks on the track.

Those guys are legends. The fact that you can walk in say "M35 Stagea" and they know what you're on about is pretty cool. :thumbsup:

It was a bit different 3 yrs ago when I went looking for a spare key for the M35. I must admit the guy did a lot of computer work to find what I was after. Top place.

I use Grand Nissan down south, the spare parts guys are always helpful when it came to any of my imports. I think it's just a matter of finding a dealer with a spare parts department that are not lazy.

i wish i had that luxury up here in townsville, we have one nissan dealer, and i went in and asked about towbars when i first got mine (before i read about the max ones) and his answer was 'stagea? that's an import correct?' my response 'yup', him 'we don't have anything to do with any parts for any imports whatsoever' i just walked out. didn't even reply to him

Driving on Sunday, I hit one of those stupid kerb things on the left hand side as you go through a round about. Obviously just not far right enough.

Pulled over, checked it, and I'd hit the front wheel hard enough to tear a flap in the sidewall, but it was holding together, still had air in it, so off I drove, and left it, but checked it a couple of times. Put about another 50k on it.

Go to drive it tonight and the tyre has definately lost more air, but on closer inspection I've shaved the underside of my front bar, hit the rear wheel worse (and taken a fair chunk of metal out in a couple of spots) and damaged the back part of the side skirt.

I seem to remember the ATTESSA system won't let me replace one tyre, I have to replace all. I've also got to check that the wheels are still straight, organise a wheel alignment (which I was already doing), and have to get the skirt fixed (which doesn't look like it'd be that hard a job).

So what did I do to my Stagea? Hurt it. But I'll call the insurance company tomorrow and ask them what the go is.

Yeah thinking about it. Planning on getting wheels soon so don't want to go crazy but it's got the original jap tyres on it still.

Guess if I put four decent tyres on gives me time to work out what im going to do, and finish the current mods.

you'll be fine just replacing 2 tyres (I don't beleive in replacing just 1...). Attessa allows for something like 3-5% difference in diameter before it detects slip to allow for this.

Even different brands in the same size can have variance in actual sizes.

380990_2555343037186_1062256700_2915140_1644292507_n.jpg

Do want!

you'll be fine just replacing 2 tyres (I don't beleive in replacing just 1...). Attessa allows for something like 3-5% difference in diameter before it detects slip to allow for this.

Even different brands in the same size can have variance in actual sizes.

Cheers Duncan. I've heard all kinds of funny stories over the years about Attessa being a bitch, had me kind of worried. I remember at one point reading that someone didn't rotate their tyres on their GT-R and that was enough to make it kick up a shit fit.