SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

The other day i had my tailgate open at the super market, closed the tailgate and there was a loud bang. Then tried to open the tailgate and it was really heavy......The strut had SNAPPED on the ram and snapped the bolt in the thread on the roof side post-41430-0-79806300-1322732411_thumb.jpg pinch.gif

So I sourced a new strut (second hand), drilled out the old bolt...sort of, snapped an ezy out trying to get it out then had to drill/dremel and heli-coil.....C#*T.......but at least now its all sweet again though.

Adjusted tail gate glass as it was sitting out from the rubber seal 5mm.

And installed another screen that I scored for free from a mate (sound doesn't work out of it) installed new pure sine inverter in the back of the car and a ps3 in the tray above my spare wheel, just velcroed to a chunk of rubber then to the tray.......

post-41430-0-42370400-1322732736_thumb.jpg

Just need to work out how to hook up the ariel to the "play tv" unit for digital tv through the ps3

Which trans cooler did you go with Leon? I got my B & M today, just need to make time to fit that and the shift kit.

Also got my fuel filter, Nismo thermostat, and HKS sensors. Streeter excellent as awesome.

Moving this weekend, but once I've moved I should have time to get into fitting some of the thousands or parts I've built up again.

The other day i had my tailgate open at the super market, closed the tailgate and there was a loud bang. Then tried to open the tailgate and it was really heavy......The strut had SNAPPED on the ram and snapped the bolt in the thread on the roof side post-41430-0-79806300-1322732411_thumb.jpg pinch.gif

So I sourced a new strut (second hand), drilled out the old bolt...sort of, snapped an ezy out trying to get it out then had to drill/dremel and heli-coil.....C#*T.......but at least now its all sweet again though.

Had a similar thing happen to mine about 2 years ago. You were a bit more resourceful in getting the bolt out as I had to pay some one to get mine out and that was expensive. Replacement bolt was only $5 from memory.

Which trans cooler did you go with Leon? I got my B & M today, just need to make time to fit that and the shift kit.

Also got my fuel filter, Nismo thermostat, and HKS sensors. Streeter excellent as awesome.

Moving this weekend, but once I've moved I should have time to get into fitting some of the thousands or parts I've built up again.

There's always a story, lol... I've had one in the shed for 6 months or more but now with the fmic inplace it was too big to fit nicely. I went to a local auto parts store & bought a generic one (Davies Craig brand I think), chosen purely on size & availability. I figured with all the ATF drained, there was no time like the present to plumb it in. The instructions were adamant it had to go after the radiator for the coolest possible fluid to return to the trans. I did the opposite, as per a fairly common consensus on here, & went trans > cooler > radiator > trans.

I've been keeping count mate, & I think your estimate of parts ready to go on the car is low :P. Good luck with the move. Do you realise that if you installed everything you wouldn't have to move them??

Thanks for rubbing in in you bastard! :nyaanyaa:

I have a better plan than that... half the bits are sitting at dads work next to his hoist. The rest will relocate there shortly, and I'll fit them there too. Next to fit is the cruise control, controls on one day, rest on the next. Hoping to fit the shift kit and trans cooler together after that, then fit and rewire fuel pump. TBH my B & M trans cooler looks pretty similar to yours, except mine is black and everyone knows black is cooler than silver.

Thanks for rubbing in in you bastard! :nyaanyaa:

I have a better plan than that... half the bits are sitting at dads work next to his hoist. The rest will relocate there shortly, and I'll fit them there too. Next to fit is the cruise control, controls on one day, rest on the next. Hoping to fit the shift kit and trans cooler together after that, then fit and rewire fuel pump. TBH my B & M trans cooler looks pretty similar to yours, except mine is black and everyone knows black is cooler than silver.

Good to see you have a plan :happy: .To have a hoist (drools) would be great, but so far I've managed most things on ramps. Call me when doing the cruise control if you've got questions.

10 secs with the spray can & I've got a 'cool' B & M. Nice, thanks for the upgrade suggestion, lol.

Had a similar thing happen to mine about 2 years ago. You were a bit more resourceful in getting the bolt out as I had to pay some one to get mine out and that was expensive. Replacement bolt was only $5 from memory.

Yeah It was a bitch to get out, they do them up farking tight from the factory..... I haven't snapped an easy out since I was an aprentice :mad: , so I was pretty annoyed at the time...... I made sure the second hand strut came with the bolt though.

Good to see you have a plan :happy: .To have a hoist (drools) would be great, but so far I've managed most things on ramps. Call me when doing the cruise control if you've got questions.

10 secs with the spray can & I've got a 'cool' B & M. Nice, thanks for the upgrade suggestion, lol.

TBH your trans cooler looks identical, except that it's silver instead of black.

With the cruise control, looking at your thread installing the buttons is pretty much plug and play now you've supplied wires with the right pins on them, right?

With the cruise control, looking at your thread installing the buttons is pretty much plug and play now you've supplied wires with the right pins on them, right?

Plug & play, sure...:whistling: Nah, you'll be fine, but you've got my mobile number so please call/text if you have any questions. Just watch the removal of the Torx bolts in the steering wheel. I recommend turning the wheel so you can get at each one from out the drivers door. You need to ensure you get good access & be straight on when you apply torque to undo. A guy yesterday may have rounded off the inside of one of his.

Yeah It was a bitch to get out, they do them up farking tight from the factory..... I haven't snapped an easy out since I was an aprentice :mad: , so I was pretty annoyed at the time...... I made sure the second hand strut came with the bolt though.

Want to come and do mine, it snapped weeks ago. Lol

And installed another screen that I scored for free from a mate (sound doesn't work out of it) installed new pure sine inverter in the back of the car and a ps3 in the tray above my spare wheel, just velcroed to a chunk of rubber then to the tray.......

post-41430-0-42370400-1322732736_thumb.jpg

Just need to work out how to hook up the ariel to the "play tv" unit for digital tv through the ps3

Looks good. How do you access your a/c controls and the other controls?