SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Are they needed? Id assume if they are Whiteline would offer them?

Now I'm testing my memory. I think a couple of guys with sway bars had the rear mounts crack under the extra load, hence the manufacture of the HD stainless items. Someone with a better memory (or better search skills) might be able to help more.

Hey guys, thanks for the support, but I'm not worried if people use 4bidn to buy parts; we're not competing, and I haven't got a bad word to say about him. We're all enthusiasts; and white anting each other benefits no-one.

I'm sure he'll help you out if you decide to purchase through him, and you can always use Whiteline as a resource; their reputation is built on supporting enthusiasts.

I think in the original instance Big Fella was referring to; I wasn't able to give the lowest price due to the fact that I was paying a higher price on individually ordered parts, as opposed to Group Buys.

If you have a legitimate price; I'll happily tell you if I can do better. Postage does hurt the end cost, as it adds a minimum of $20 to any order; they're on the maximum Auspost length and around 14 kg. It's still stacks cheaper than any other option.

I just want to help people get what I have; an awesome handling Stagea, and I've been playing with cars for a long while now, and made a few mistakes along the way, so I've got a fair idea what works, and what doesn't. You're welcome to go your own way.

Cheers, Dale.

Edited by Daleo

Maybe 'cause of freight costs? But can he provide the heavy duty rear brackets? Does he provide the same back up service as Dale? I'd pay a bit more just for that....

And that's why I was referring slippy lotion onto him, he is in Sa, works for a national retailer and would have no reason to not help out.

I get all my parts for my own business thru Jason and have never had an issue with returns or exchanges(even when they were my fault)

Just trying to help out, next time I'll stay quiet instead of getting flamed for providing an option.

Sorry Robbie, no flame intended. I read my post back & it did have a 'tone' pinch.gif. Extra options are always welcomed.

I just wanted to back up Dale as I was impressed by the lengths he went to for the GB. It's always more than just emailing the supplier for some parts. Heck, he was that swamped he even had to enlist his 2yo to tape up the swaybars for posting, lol.

Re the rear mounts, they may not be necessary, but I hate doing stuff twice.

All good, just thru rebuilding cars over time I've been stung by buying stuff that's "rare" or hard to get so i bought it online, only to find it would have been cheaper to walk into a shop and buy it locally.

And like most small business owners (tiny really) I like people to buy as local as possible and still get a killer deal.

And no one worry, I didn't take it to heart, its just my small man syndrome coming out :)

Ill leave all of you stagea owners alone now and sulk off back to my empty garage :(

Now I'm testing my memory. I think a couple of guys with sway bars had the rear mounts crack under the extra load, hence the manufacture of the HD stainless items. Someone with a better memory (or better search skills) might be able to help more.

Yes, The Mounts do crack and brake. I replace 3 of them over 18months before putting on the one from Dale. No problem since.

And the last 2 brakes happen when I had my rear bar on the mid setting not the stiffest.

I believe mine mostly cracked when running on a long trip with a full load.

Cheers

Andy

You stripping it back anyway, even though it's running?

You asked if it was running......yes it was.....you didn't ask if it was drivable! :P

I didn't have much of a choice unfortunately I had to detune the thing to cross of possible causes...........that I still have the problem is a bit of a worry.

I basically have 2 signals going to the CAS....somehow!rant.gif

P.S. I did get the car to have a clear run once or twice with the CAS connected and only 14psi!....still goes a lot better than standard......it's just not silly anymore.

Edited by Jetwreck

So I cracekd the TIG out last night and welded up a cat to fit the exhaust up (finally).

China front pipe with flex, Catco high flow 3", and a Fujitsubo cat back. It's to suit an N/A so that's the reason the cat had to be fiddled. Ended up lengthening it 120mm.