SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Had my first track day. originally sold my ticket as my cars only semi tuned and was just going to leave it in the show and shine(the reason why i took my bumper off to attract some attention lol). And eventually caught the bug when i saw the guys going around.. going around half throttle though, cant wait till shes fully tuned :yes:

only did two runs my faulkens where chewed, this tracks not really not much of a track its called midvale speed dome in perth and is used for defensive driving etc.

Had my first track day. originally sold my ticket as my cars only semi tuned and was just going to leave it in the show and shine(the reason why i took my bumper off to attract some attention lol). And eventually caught the bug when i saw the guys going around.. going around half throttle though, cant wait till shes fully tuned :yes:

only did two runs my faulkens where chewed, this tracks not really not much of a track its called midvale speed dome in perth and is used for defensive driving etc.

Sounds awesome mate! When it's finished you'll have to get some numbers too!

Mine has had so much neglect lately I went to move it today and the battery was dead :/

It's on charge now, hopefully it bounces back so I can muck around with the F-con tomorrow. If I can get the damn throttle working again it's going in to get retuned after fixing the boost spiking.

my battery was dead as well do went for a larger 4x4 battery and what an a** it was to get in. Also installed my sway bars and gave her service and a good looking over for busted hoses, leaks and seals. tomorrow i'm going to install my standard intake along with changing both diff oils and transfer case oil.

When did you do trans fluid Josh?

I find it easier to do trans, diff and transfer case at once. They come up at about the same fluid interval so easier to remember one date/kms.

You'll enjoy the sway bars.

Thought of going bigger battery. If this needs replacing I might.

with the bigger battery you will have to remove all plastic surrounds and move the fuse box to get it in there and then put it all back where it was. with the hold down clamp I just turned it upside down to fold battery inplace

Battery charged up, back in the car, all good.

Got energetic and mucked around with the F-con. Got the throttle working although now it seems to need a retune. Now that I think I know what was causing the issue I've got back to the tuners, hopefully they're good enough blokes that they'll stand by their work and fix their mistake.

was nice to finally meet you Duncan and nice Stag!!!

I took mine for skids, it went OK for a tow car including a quickest time on one course.

All good infact, until Ryan beat me in the white stage battle run! Good driving mate

Has anyone on here used the ebay throttle controllers in an m35 yet?? Would they work

They work, but mine sometimes threw a tps code, just like the cruise control. :/

All they do is adjust the throttle curve, it will never get rid of the restriction. Only the brake wire cut mod will fix that.

They work, but mine sometimes threw a tps code, just like the cruise control. :/

All they do is adjust the throttle curve, it will never get rid of the restriction. Only the brake wire cut mod will fix that.

What?

C'mon Scotty, you're only guessing that is the cause :no: . Pretty sure Ryan proved otherwise by disconnecting/reconnecting cruise control. Appears to only be an issue with (some) people running F-Con & given all the wiring changes involved with F-Con installation......

No one else with cruise control has reported TPS codes & most have had it working for over 12 months (mine over 18 months). Probably a combined error free distance of over 150,000km.

What?

C'mon Scotty, you're only guessing that is the cause :no: . Pretty sure Ryan proved otherwise by disconnecting/reconnecting cruise control. Appears to only be an issue with (some) people running F-Con & given all the wiring changes involved with F-Con installation......

No one else with cruise control has reported TPS codes & most have had it working for over 12 months (mine over 18 months). Probably a combined error free distance of over 150,000km.

I've proved the issue isn't cruise control as the issue continued with the cruise control disconnected, but solved itself when I disconnected the F-con (but had cruise plugged in).

The wiring for F-con install is easy Leon - it's plug and play (pretty much) intercepting the ECU plug. So I don't think it's wiring related.

I've found that the throttle issue was solved by changing the Conversion Table settings, but it needs a retune now. That, and my wiring is different as I'm running the HKS MAP and IAT sensors.

I've proved the issue isn't cruise control as the issue continued with the cruise control disconnected, but solved itself when I disconnected the F-con (but had cruise plugged in).

The wiring for F-con install is easy Leon - it's plug and play (pretty much) intercepting the ECU plug. So I don't think it's wiring related.

I've found that the throttle issue was solved by changing the Conversion Table settings, but it needs a retune now. That, and my wiring is different as I'm running the HKS MAP and IAT sensors.

Thanks for confirming that Ryan.

Really, a mod for a M35 that's PnP ??? Must be a first, lol.