SAU Community

Spent 8K+ On Mods Only To Go Slower?

NOCTIS

The car would of run rich with that split so, not too bad!

In theory under vacuum it would run lean (unmetered air entering), under boost it would run rich (metered air escaping).. the damage done would be the unmetered air which isn't filtered

yeah not exactly a good result. my 32 with stock turbos, stock manifolds, stock injectors, stock cams, stock intercooler, basically 100% standard except for a cat back exhaust, 1 bar boost, and a well tuned power FC ran a 12.4 qtr mile. GET IT TUNED asap. it should be mid to high 11s at this point.

You are far too kind to the beast :D

A few people have run 11.4-11.6 now on stock turbo'd R32GTR's now. Just need to be nasty!

With those turbos you'd be WELL into the 11's, now just high - go for broken greaboxes

were you at the drags last night? I think i saw your car there with the SSR rims?

If so, it did sound a little lumpy too but I also wondered how it wasn't really pulling very fast. Mind you the R35 that was there could only manage around 12 flat anyway so I thought it must have been a slow night.

+1 on the tune then, spend $1k or so on a tune once you get the parts sorted and it'll be worth it...no sense in running it when it's not at optimal settings you could cause damage.

no 1 engine is the same.. you say the ecu is tuned for the turbos.. there is intercooler,exhaust,injectors,headwork,CAMS,and fuel pressure all to bugger it all up.

with those cams it will be way rich down low and super lean up top...

you need to get it dynoed or it will pop.

were you at the drags last night? I think i saw your car there with the SSR rims?

If so, it did sound a little lumpy too but I also wondered how it wasn't really pulling very fast. Mind you the R35 that was there could only manage around 12 flat anyway so I thought it must have been a slow night.

+1 on the tune then, spend $1k or so on a tune once you get the parts sorted and it'll be worth it...no sense in running it when it's not at optimal settings you could cause damage.

Yeh i was there last night. my GTR was the silver one with enkei wheels. There was a white GTR with SSR's and a lumpy cam though. He was getting ok times.

But yeh, Deffinently doing the tune, and im not driving it until i get that done. Today iv Booked it in at Xspeed for next month and they'll adjust the ecu and dial in the cam gears.

Im keeping the cams in. Because Planning for the worst case scenario due to the split pipe. I could have Overspun the turbo bearings. In which case ill chuck in some 2860-5's.

FARK ME youve spent alot of cash having all that done...headwork LOL. No wonder youre bleeding.

So no point telling you it was all for nothing I guess.

But what you do is:

Slap on a stock head, stock cams, stock manifolds, sell all your shiny fuel system bits to cover money wasted and use stock stuff there. Swap the Shitbro pump for a Bosch.

= Much more response and heaps faster 1/4 mile :)

ummm.... how about larger twins? wouldnt that be a better solution to get the most out of my setup????

rather than going stock everything like you said? Id rather not do that after getting all this stuff done...... :unsure:

All I want Is a good balance between response and top end at around 400ps. Which is what I would have thought the -7s and the cams wouldv given me.

Hell no

Larger twins (-5) will just get you more lag and power you cant use because of an unbuilt bottom end

For 400rwhp -7 or -9 is as good as it gets

Edited by Don Dada

ummm.... how about larger twins? wouldnt that be a better solution to get the most out of my setup????

rather than going stock everything like you said? Id rather not do that after getting all this stuff done...... :unsure:

Hey mate, I would not get too stressed about it all just yet. Why don't you see how the tune turns out first and see what they can get out of it with a bit of cam timing adjustment and so on. It may not even have the optimum fuel/ignition tune in it yet.

Once it's got a well rounded tune in it, see what you've got. Then make a decision from there. My guess is its probably got more in it as it stands at the moment - so don't spend $ just yet.

Edited by R32 TT

edit: Hmm just had a quick look. And i found quiet a large split in the intake hose that runs into the intercooler from the turbos.

Which would make sense cos i found i was losing alot of power in the higher rev ranges.

shit...

Iv been driving the car pretty hard all week. hope nothing else have fkd up on it.

sif you didnt get it tuned properly... lucky it didn't pop.... no two cars even with the same setup are 100% with another tune..

• Like 1

Got it all put in and the tuner did a rough Road tune with the PFC. He did suggest however that i get a dynotune. (but the powerfc i bought was already tuned for those turbos)

Now i just got back from the drags and after doing multiple runs, ran a best time of 13.451 @ 102mph. uughh. wtf?

Can anyone help me out?

a rough road tune, then took it to a track??? well thats one issue

get it on a dyno and get it tuned properly...even if its not faster, its safer and may save you $$$ later