SAU Community

What's Up With Clarkson?

g35me

Its strange how he seems completely blown away over how awesome and impressive it is at its ability for power down, cornering, braking and being ridiculously fast. The whole second video he is astonished by what the car can do. I have never turned off my VDC but I would have thought on the track there should be a different behaviour to the car when pushed. Any other GTR owners care to comment? Have you turned off VDC? Was the car the same?

apart from above post and OP, has anyone driven a 35 GTR? As far as I can see you cant just assume it is awesome because its an evoloution of the cars you have... I'm not trying to be an A$$hole, its just the truth. I dont know how a 35 GTR feels... I like them, I think they would be great to drive, but I havent driven one so I cant sit here and say he is wrong. Yes there is a slight variation between his opinion in the two videos, but as said they are in different contexts really....

If you are running greater than stock power, and you are after laps times, VDC ON will be slower. At Wakefield and EC i would factor in 1-2 seconds slower. VDC is good for out laps and a wet track though.

top gear uk has gone to hell since it became famous and a big name in tv, anyone seen the topgear us...its muccch better and funnier too but they actually do some pretty good sh.t

2nd video pause at 3:30

also, i havnt seen the "Thriller" dvd but from what i can see from that video, Clarkson seems to be looking for cars that are hard to drive and excite you.

Edited by alex182

top gear uk has gone to hell since it became famous and a big name in tv, anyone seen the topgear us...its muccch better and funnier too but they actually do some pretty good sh.t

Blasphemy!!

also, i havnt seen the "Thriller" dvd but from what i can see from that video, Clarkson seems to be looking for cars that are hard to drive and excite you.

Exactly. Hence why I said it is taken slightly out of context. Obviously he thinks it's a great car. However the point of the DVD was not to find what car can set the best lap time.

If anything, I think the second review is more positive than the first one. He credits the car with simply never breaking loose and just gripping to the track, every time, all the time, etc. The GT-R seems to have way more grip and brakes than outright power, so it will 'feel' boring. I suppose if some modders decided to add a couple of hundred HP it'd smash more things and be considerably more 'exciting' as it stresses the car's limits on grip.

Now if he had've said that, everyone listening would have been happy with his judgement all of the sudden :P

Crarkson is the ultimate "HOON" He has never been interested in how fast he can punt a car around a track because he cant drive for shit.

Give him something that makes lots of noise, smoke, and goes sideways at the drop of a hat and he'll fap on for hours about what a wonderful machine it is.

And good luck to him, Damn fun work if you can get it.

LOL you should really take anything clarkson says with a grain of salt, he always bags out jags, bmws and porsches, yet drives them some days he loves them, some days he hates them. Look at how many cars he says are great in his driving review gets back to the studio and says its a piece of crap.

He creates entertainment for the motoring world, and generates controversy to keep people entertained and watching, otherwise it would just be another boring motoring review show.

Crarkson is the ultimate "HOON" He has never been interested in how fast he can punt a car around a track because he cant drive for shit.

Give him something that makes lots of noise, smoke, and goes sideways at the drop of a hat and he'll fap on for hours about what a wonderful machine it is.

MMM. He loves our HSV's lol...

as someone already said above, he always seems upset that a car can be so incredible, that its actually boring to him. hes just an old english tea-drinking codger on the inside, that would rather a crusader mk II (british ww2 tank) over a ferrari enzo.

still a good show and, i record it usually every week.. better than glee.

I think that is a very stupid thing to say. The guy isn't a F1 driver, no. However I'd like to see a number of people on this forum try and handle the car's that he drives. I have watched pretty much every episode of Top Gear made and know damn well that he can drive.

Given how many so called experts on these forums think they are awesome drivers they couldn't hold a candle up to Clarkson.

I think that is a very stupid thing to say. The guy isn't a F1 driver, no. However I'd like to see a number of people on this forum try and handle the car's that he drives. I have watched pretty much every episode of Top Gear made and know damn well that he can drive.

Given how many so called experts on these forums think they are awesome drivers they couldn't hold a candle up to Clarkson.

Think what you like, The very reason for the stigs existence is because the 3 buffoons that entertain us on that show know they can not consistantly put down lap numbers worth spit.

Can clarkson drive, Shit no, Can he throw a car around sideways like a 17 year old at the drifts, Oath he can. So can I. Maybe you can but you have me doubting it now.

Give 90% of the guys on this forum the machinery, the environment and the time and I lay you London to a brick they can do what Clarkson does.

as for handling the cars he drives. Yes please. I'll take a crack at it!