SAU Community

Gtx3071 Install

scotty nm35

Yeh, i'm pretty stoked.

The Fcon has changed the whole feel of the car, nice firm adjustable gear changes, an idle I can set, cold start mapping so it fires first kick with the ethanol, no 300kw blip when I roll off the throttle. The list goes on.

I noticed the box wont shift into gear properly at full throttle until its hot, it just bounces off the limiter. I guess that's the gearbox computer's job though.

There was no issue with Cams install either if you listened.

I can adjust the throttle curve similar to the pivot unit but this goes way further, the Fcon controls the throttle directly so no more closing after 5k, blip on pedal release, throttle close on gearchange or whatever else it does.

I have to hook up the brake wire again and see if this engine light will go away. Oh and reconnect the o2 sensor...

lol lets be honest, cams wasnt running THAT well. it needed to be tuned. its a shame we didnt get to see that before the end came

Only didn't run "THAT well" above 4500 as the blockage in my fuel filter limited the fuel supply. Everything under 4500 was tuned and running perfectly.

Well it ran perfectly for ~1500kms until I drove into a ditch :(

Nice results scotty well done mate :thumbsup:

Thats a huge torque i bet it pulls harder than a 14yo with a playboy magazine! Lol

Im curious to know how much torque my car produces id also like to see how the same turbo feels on a different motor :whistling:

Our power figures are .4 kw difference but you do have an auto and 1.06 rear housing yeah?

Maxed out the compressor by the looks of it.

I think good tuning on these turbos delivers nice and linear power. The 1.06 housing would remove any tendencies to give you light switch delivery which might make it feel slower than it is.

Mick's car just keeps giving the more you ask of it so it is quick but it isn't scary to drive plus there is still room to tickle the suspension on it.