SAU Community

Project Scrawny

Trozzle

It shouldn't work for deadlifts because you're not supposed to be pushing with your legs throughout the lift. Deadlift is first and foremost a back exercise...lift with your back...if you bend and try to use your legs too much to "push away from the ground", it becomes a squat.

I don't think the idea is to actually use your legs to push the ground away; I think it's the exact same movement, just in your mind the bar is locked to its location in space (lol...) and instead the ground is the part that moves away from the bar. Kinda see why it's difficult to envision :domokun:

• 4 weeks later...

Well done dude.

The equipment plateu isn't reached yet as far as getting stronger is concerned. You are still looking at working sets in the 160-170 range to build strength. Reps in the 2-5 range. Then you can do deficits starting back at a lighter weight. Should buy you enough time to buy some more plates.

Edited by rev210

Haha cheers rev :P I was mostly just kidding with the plateau comment, though definitely keen to get up to repping 180kg :D as long as I've got at least another 60kg of plates by March - back on the gain train

• 5 months later...

Hey guys, long time no update/post/lurk :(

No time for any words right now, so just picture updates. Will check back in on my phone tomorrow for a chat :) If only the stupid Tapatalk app would f**king find SAU!!!!

FzqcoL3.jpg

A32y0yr.jpg