SAU Community

Project Scrawny

Trozzle

I still pretty much follow a push/pull/legs split primarily built around freeweight exercises (with cables coming in a close 2nd...lever machines can GTFO haha). Very few isolation movements, though I'm starting to add certain ones in like shrugs depending on where I feel I'm lacking. Just about everything will be super-sets if there's a logical exercise to use as the super-set (examples being adding upright barbell rows or rear dumbbell flies to primary pull movements like seated row or bent over rows). Unfortunately I've more or less ditched deadlifts AGAIN thanks to lower back cramping every time :( no matter the weight, stance, or form...it just happens :( though squats are back on the board and going stronger than ever :D working weight isn't as high as I'd like, currently 130-140kg 5 sets of 6-8 reps, though I got myself a PB the other day - 150kg 3 reps absolutely ATG :D :D

I train most days if I can, sometimes twice (short lunchtimes session, then finish it off in the arvo). Only ever take "rest days" when I feel I need it, though I still don't really ever schedule them so to speak

Srs Leesh? Wow not bad :P you'd still be song a bit of cardio here and there no? I haven't done any form of cardio in like just over 3 months LOL

Cheers Dan :D I'm actually really stoked with the shape and size of my back. I'd never seen a PROPER photo of it before, so really this is a pleasant surprise :D

Srs Leesh? Wow not bad :P you'd still be song a bit of cardio here and there no? I haven't done any form of cardio in like just over 3 months LOL

Cheers Dan :D I'm actually really stoked with the shape and size of my back. I'd never seen a PROPER photo of it before, so really this is a pleasant surprise :D

Yep, want to up to 2700 for the next month, even though I do feel sick a bit during training, like I'm going to be sick. I don't eat for a couple of hours beforehand so I'm not sure why I'm feeling like that.

I cut out all cardio for the last month and a bit. I have just started doing fitness classes again last week so not much cardio at all really. I need to start training for city to surf very soon, which is 12km argh

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Holy shit I struggle to eat 1200cal unles I eat absolute shit!!!

She lifts a fair whack of weight; ultimate calorie burner

Haha WTF are you eating? Celery? :P

Nah I just don't seem to be able to eat much without making myself feel sick from eating too much, if I force myself to eat more all I want to do is nap!

I don't get the urge to nap, not I wholeheartedly agree. A lot of my intake lately has been from Bioflex BioBulker (pretty much 50:50 carbs/protein) just coz my body is getting sick of eating such a high volume of "clean" food haha

She lifts a fair whack of weight; ultimate calorie burner

After a PT session (I don't do cardio in PT) is when I can eat the most, I get super hungry - I get home, down a protein shake and search the fridge/freezer for whatever meat I can find because otherwise I am going to break something lol... Issue with that is I train after work so it's close to bed time before I get home to eat.

The rest of the time I am justnot hungry, doesn't help I sleep like shit too...

I don't get the urge to nap, not I wholeheartedly agree. A lot of my intake lately has been from Bioflex BioBulker (pretty much 50:50 carbs/protein) just coz my body is getting sick of eating such a high volume of "clean" food haha

Yeah, I get to a point where my body is like screw the good food just hand me a bowl of Gnocchi, a whole margarita Pizza and some Nutella whilst you are at it...

Haha well the joys of calorie counting and IIFYM is that you can get away with eating that single beastly meal and a relatively clean dessert while adhering to your nutrient requirements ;)

After a PT session (I don't do cardio in PT) is when I can eat the most, I get super hungry - I get home, down a protein shake and search the fridge/freezer for whatever meat I can find because otherwise I am going to break something lol... Issue with that is I train after work so it's close to bed time before I get home to eat.

The rest of the time I am justnot hungry, doesn't help I sleep like shit too...

What do you do for exercise and how often?

Leesh used to eat about as many calories as you currently do. She also went to the gym for about 2 hours, 6 days a week.

Now she does ~45 minute sessions 4 times a week, zero cardio and twice the calorie intake...but same levels of bodyfat and a fair but more muscle. It's no longer a case of hungry and shouldn't eat that, it's now her having to stuff her face with food to maintain the weights sessions and constant improvement.

Nothing wrong with eating before bed. If can be quite good for muscle recovery because proponents of it say that it's less time between meals. A lack of sleep doesn't help, though! I know that feel all too well. I don't know many who are happy with their sleep these days; I think everyone's sleep is shit in the modern age. Lifespan increasing, quality of life diminishing!

I was training twice daily with cardio in the morning for an hour and weights in the evening for an hour including stretching, Monday-Thurs then only Morning on Friday and Saturday. I've since cut out the morning session temporarily because I was only getting 3 maybe 4 hours of sleep and the best sleep was between 5-7am which would usually be morning gym time (5:30-6:30), I do 600+ cal burn each session and not getting anywhere. I've cut to 1hr evenings only now doing split push/pull and lower programs with Half hour PT on Thrusday nights followed by half hour of cardio. Do this Mon-Thurs then work (on my feet) Friday nights with a cardio session and work (on my feet) Saturday and rest day sunday.

Goal is to lose body fat and be lean and fit as opposed to "skinny fat"...

*I have two jobs, main one office and two nights per week hospitality*

Sorry for the hijack Trozzle :)