SAU Community

Project Scrawny

Trozzle

Heh, cheers mate :) though it's a little slower than I'd like. Plus I'm hitting a shitty plateau undoubtedly caused by not eating enough unsure.gif

Just gotta push through this obliterated spine bullshit and I'm all G though :D

• 2 weeks later...

Alrighty, well now that (for all intents and purposes) NYE is past, I'm gonna start making a solid effort at putting on some mass. So far I've been more or less keeping it lean as fark, which is slow going but more appealing aesthetically. From here on for a while I'm going to aim for that 80kg+ then cut back whatever fat I've put on in the process.

Since I'm the disorganised mayor of struggle town, as well as having depleted my current WPI, I've gone and got myself some Ultimate Nutrition Muscle Juice....Only taking it in half the suggested serving size, as logic suggests and advised by the guy in the store I got it from. This should help out with my otherwise average (but healthy) diet, providing plenty of carbs (not all shitty sugars either) while still giving me around the same protein as I was getting beforehand.

Should also help this strength plateau I've hit due to not growing enough or having energy :(

• 3 weeks later...

haha if u put on too much fat u will get sick of it trust me... i hit 96kg over the holidays, i was getting solid and strong but i didnt like the way i looked

so been on a cutting diet with a bit of cardio now and im back under 92kg :thumbsup:

Agree totally^

I got it in my head that I wanted to weigh more and when I started stacking on the kilos, mostly fat with a bit of muscle, it was good for football and confidence but that's about it. I lost my visible abs and it was depressing looking at rolls of skin when sitting down (I wasn't "fat" by any means of the word, still trim and toned looking compared to the average person and nothing of a "gut", but when you go from 82kg to 89kg you certainly notice the difference in muscle tone). Cut all the way back to 82kg again and, I much prefer this.

So yeah, let the muscle put on the weight...it will happen, is happening. I know what you're chasing Troy, and if your goals are still the same, you'll be much happier if it's not fat that's increasing the numbers on the scales. Nothing wrong with doing it in bulk and cut phases, but you can certainly just go down the path of gaining lean muscle without them.

I think alot of people just try and stack the pounds on requardless weather its muscle or fat to prove to themselves that they can actually do it

then once they get there they realise that this isnt the kind of weight they wanted and that being heavier is not all it cracked up to be

i know this was the case for me, at 96kg i really started to feel the strain on my body when running not just tiring quicker but i also developed shin splints which pretty much stops you from running all together

my abs also disappeared and i started to outgrow alot of my pants...very frigan annoying as i hate spending lots of money on clothes

its all good and well to put on 10kg in 6 months but very rarely is it going to be mostly muscle (unless ur a juice monkey)

at the end of the day u just gotta be happy with what u see in the mirror and over time you will slowly grow lean muscle, its a slow process but it WILL and is happening all the time

be patient it will happen :thumbsup: