SAU Community

Project Scrawny

Trozzle

hahaha, yeah I agree totally with everything above! I'm not *too* concerned with how I look while I lose the definition, though let's look at this in an absolute worst-case-scenario deal - I won't be happy with the end result and wind up more or less back where I started. Call it an experiment or experience at worst really. I get big (and fatty), cut back and I'll either be happy or disappointed with it. I'm aiming for a weight, and when I reach it then I'll cut back while trying to hold onto as much of the muscle I've gained as I can. Once that's done, we'll see where I stand :)

Though I definitely don't like not having as defined abs now hahaha. It's like NOOOO WHERE YOU GO?! COME BACK :(

Go for it - Im looking to cut weight & then maintain, making slow gradual increases with lean muscle mass. No bulking up for me.

From age 19 to early 20's I worked out at a gym and put on over 30kg of mass to my 2m tall frame. 78kg 6'8" to 110kg over 3yrs, a couple years later was at 118kg with home gym sessions. Great size. Surgeries depleted my attitude and ended up at 132kg, drinking 3 bottles of bourbon weekly (to wash down the pain pills).

When I started my gym weight sessions 35 days ago I was 115kg, 15 sessions later Ive lost 2.5kg of mass but gained a bit of 'shape'. Hope to find a perfect zone at or under 110kg, gradually increasing muscle mass while decreasing body fat stores. Ive got my goals (physical & mental) & am working to achieve them, then maintain them ;)

Yep, I see what you mean.

Just gotta reiterate - my objective is to get to a weight, and then cut back. I don't intend to stick to a weight, I just wanna hit that marker before I drop the fat and then ideally maintain whatever I end up on.

ill give ya a tip... look in the mirror, not the scales, because they will fu$k with your head

haha yeah I do both, scales definitely f**k with my head though. f**king water weight etc fluctuating something crazy hahaha

haha no way in hell I'd ever post a 'before' shot... so embarrassed when I look at some old pics... really let myself go through the mid 20's lol... it happens quick too, one day your all fit looking and like I can eat/drink whatever I want... then BAM, where the f**k did this belly come from!

yeah weight can be deceptive... I weighed in heavy the other day (85kg, up nearly 2kgs) but spent the weekend down the coast and looked good in some pics the Mrs snapped so never 100% trust the scales

ah yea, derp. lol

well I just did a bit of a dodgy measurement now (using a ruler and standing against the wall, lol) and I came up to 172cm. Close enough

That's about right because I am 173 and I think we are the same height...

Haven't a clue lol. I know I've gained some for sure though

Buy me a set of skin fold calipers and I will do the test for you! aka I need to get some but can't be assed, hey it is my birthday soon after all.... lol

haha yeah I do both, scales definitely f**k with my head though. f**king water weight etc fluctuating something crazy hahaha

Chin up princess, it's OK!!! Mind you I weigh myself and Zane threatens to hide the scales... On the plus I've lose 3.2kg this year so far :thumbsup:

hahaha good shit Melly :P

I'm taking a week's break. Haven't had a break in a very long time, have felt like absolute shit for a week and a bit now. Something's killing my sleep, and I'm flat out not getting time to eat during work other than lunch :( really giving me the shits

Good to take a week off once in a while, if not for some major muscle recovery and routine change up, then to feel how sore you are the next day...makes you appreciate the level you were at prior to the break and how conditioned you were to it!

• 1 month later...

Was actually thinking about that right now...been meaning to, but getting sick with tonsillitis the other week and having lost 2kg due top not eating had knocked me back a bit. I've recovered about 1kg of that weight so far, but my strength has dropped severely which it's pissing me off.

I'll see where I'm at this evening and give a proper update (with pix fo da laydeez) lol

Ok, weighed in at 76kg just now. I have done all my weigh-ins at the same time, so this is accurate when compared to previous.

Gotta say I'm pretty happy to be back where I was lol. Strength is slowly coming back, really need to work on my mental focus during sets though - seems I have a habit of just smashing out the first few reps with average form causing unnecessary fatigue, then the reps that count are seriously difficult. Worked on this shit for incline DB press and flat DB press this evening with good results.

Current work set weights for "push" day as follows:

Barbell military press behind head (standing) - 40kg

Dumbbell incline press - 28kg/hand

Dumbbell flat press - 36kg/hand

Dumbbell flies - 16kg/hand

Dips - 30kg weighted