Sau Vic Motorsport Championship Round 6

Downforce

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good day all! Very well run and the weather held out just nicely. Pity about my little incident at the end, which has left me with a fractured wrist but what can you do. Glad to hear the driver of the green WRX is A-OK.

Thanks for organising the garage Martin, much appreciated mate :cheers:

Hope you and the car are on Dane! Would love to see the video of what happened (if you're comfortable with John posting it online)

Congrats to all who did PB's, the conditions were great for quick times. Luke deserves a special mention with a 1:20.46 screamer! Dipping in to the 1:20's is awesome.

Yeah another great track day!

Good to meet some more of you and catchup with a few people from previous days. That was my 3rd track day and definately hooked.

4 x R34 GTRs was great to see.

thanks to the WRX club for putting it on.

Russ: Me either mate! Thought it was jarred/sprained but got progressively worse and now I'm in a cast... balls!

John: Nice vid mate! Basically I was fiddling with my camera between 1 & 2, lost a bit of concentration, went in too hot on tyres that weren't up to full temp and you can see the result. Stupid mistake by me, but a lesson learned. Luckily the car is fine, just a bit of cosmetic damage to the lip, front dive plane, light cover and rear guard but it's getting fixed up now. :thumbsup:

Ant: I'm trying mate, with little success... :teehee:

Thanks for the well wishes guys!

post-8405-0-89795400-1317179894_thumb.jpg

Sorry to hear about the broken wrist, ouch and glad to hear wasn't major car damage so both are on the mend.

Thanks to Russ, Martin, John for your advice, will post findings in the brakes thread but I talked to GSL RallySport who mentioned A1RMs but if I don’t mind spending more, they reckon I should try Project mu’s Club Racer pads for longer track pad life and do work from cold. I’ll have them in for the SAU nationals. Note I had no issues with repeating the same setup but as I’m starting out, seems sensible to test a few setups.

Sorry to hear about the broken wrist, ouch and glad to hear wasn't major car damage so both are on the mend.

Thanks to Russ, Martin, John for your advice, will post findings in the brakes thread but I talked to GSL RallySport who mentioned A1RMs but if I don’t mind spending more, they reckon I should try Project mu’s Club Racer pads for longer track pad life and do work from cold. I’ll have them in for the SAU nationals. Note I had no issues with repeating the same setup but as I’m starting out, seems sensible to test a few setups.

Thanks John :thumbsup:

As far as pads are concerned I use Project Mu HC+'s in the STi, and have in several cars. Great pad, work well from cold and last the distance. Would highly recommend them mate.

club racers are working really well in my car now. 7 track days and 1 deca and about half worn although the G4 does have a massive pad surface are. I'm impressed. :)

How is the bite on them?

I wasnt a fan of the Ferrodo DS3000

So thinking either Pagid RS29, or perhaps another pad.