SAU Community

The Build Of The Beast

Oh siet, congrats you've moved from 80s tech to 00s tech.

You've seen the light, all us RB owners are still blinded by darkness.

(Better go mafless flex setup on stock ecu so you can run dose pipe, yes for the haters stock E9 ecu does flex, mafless, has launch and anti lag)

• Like 1

I really struggled to not buy an EvoX when I was buying the R, such a good package.

I think plenty of us realise the Evo is a better platform in many ways, but there is something special about a GTR still. Yea i realise that's subjective also, for me it was almost purely looks.

Thay said, I am toying with the idea of ditching my Silvia for an Evo track car...

Anyway, this car is going to be awesome.

Cbf scrolling back, when were you tracking it again?

Also I didn't realise a stock Evo ecu did flex, that's amazing.

You can't deny EVOs are light years ahead of the R32/33/34 in terms of performance.

They thought of twin scroll back in mid 90s, where as Nissan continued to use twin turbos which have been proven over and over again how inefficient it can be, imagine if Nissan ever released a factory twin scroll single turbo GT-R.

Because Nissan loves their open scroll turbos in twin forms so much they avoided the obvious twin scroll solution and made the VR38DETT motor LOL

Now that Nissan partially owns Mitsubishi.. I wonder if there will ever be an Evolution Skyline LOL

• Like 1

I don't think you can shit can an entire engine because of the turbos it uses.

I don't think any of us are under any illusions that there's much newer/better tech.

Had I went with my head, I'd have bought an Evo/M3 or a 35 maybe.

I think many of us buy older GT-Rs because the little boy inside us hasn't grown up yet.

I like Evo's, but I don't get a mental boner when I look at them, even a nicely done one. I still grin like an autistic kid when I pull the cover of my 34.

Who cares though, This thread is all about Evo 9 now, more boost plz :D