SAU Community

The Build Of The Beast

Installed these things last night. Ride quality is excellent. Dont have a bad word about them except for the left rear. It has a knock, now It is tight as hell, I reinstalled it at least 3 times. Went to justjap this morning and the guy said could be the bearing under the top hat. Will be getting a replacement soon. Other than that, they are tits.

we all love pics....

11.jpg

10.jpg

8.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Definately track time now :thumbsup:

5 may I'm going.

Other than that I'm going to replace the perishable items on the car, just bring it to the 21st century.

Thanks mate, it's a nice colour when it's clean, which is usually not long after a wash. Haha

Beaut car mate. And i normally hate 33's! Shoulda gone for 10.5 +15 wheels imo! Oh and it still is 4x4 height! Drop it on its belly.

All in all very nice! :D

Beaut car mate. And i normally hate 33's! Shoulda gone for 10.5 +15 wheels imo! Oh and it still is 4x4 height! Drop it on its belly.

All in all very nice! :D

What you mean 10.5+15? thats what they are............

haha, nah man, Ive been there, I hate going sideways over speed bumps and circumnavigating the f**king street. Oh and dont even get me started on driveways.

Hey mate, thought I better post up in this one instead of the shuffle thread ;-) I see that you put some BC's in her - I got some of those the other day too and put them in on the weekend. Just wondering if you had any issues with getting the car to sit level at the front seeing that the things a lot heavier on the driver's side?? When I installed mine it started to want to pull to the left and now I'd probably need some adjustable castor arms etc to correct it. (or put it up a bit higher again)

Yeh I went around and measured each corner from 3 points on the car till I finally got front level and rear level....took ages man!

Yep I did get one but it didn't improve things much - there isn't much to adjust on and a stock GTR steering setup =/ They were able to change general alignment and toe but when it comes to castor and camber corrections there's not much that u can do :(

How flat is the road where you're doing it? Sounds weird to me that it decided to sag more on one side. I set mine up at the same height on both sides, on the coilover. And left it at that.

Got my wheel alignment and car drives great. Handles real nice and doesn't jar my teeth :).

I did it on a dead flat concreted area...and even did it on another area just to double check. But then, when jacking the car up she's noticeably heavier on the front driver corner.

Yeh you gotta love them...I have mine set to about 15/30, so medium setting and she's good around town....could even soften her a little more but that means taking the parcel shelf out again :P

• 2 months later...

So it would seem i have been a bit lazy updating the thread.

Had a problem with the walbro 400lph not sucking when the tank was 1/4 full. Seems the design of the pump is to be submersed the entire time. So out that went and in came a bosche 044. No biggy there, pump operates until the tank is empty.

Ever since i got the coils the car has been seeing a lot of twisties. She drives good and it is apparent that the achilles tyres that i have on there does not complement the handeling capability of the car. Never the less she corners hard, drives hard and makes me....

Anywho, i want to bring the mid range up so the car is going to get cam gears timing belt water pump all that hazz done. Thought id give good old jez a shot seeing as how word on the grapevine keeps tellibg me good things. Dont let me down jez :P.

Oh, with all that sunami rain sdney has been seeing, i foubd out that my boot leaked. What a bitch that was! I literally siliconed everything! Should just have filled the sides with putty haha. But it seems as though all is well.

Ill be comparing my first dyno sheet to the one i get from jez, so if anyone is wondering what sort of difference there is it will be here soon.

Unless my engine goes kablam. :S do not want.