SAU Community

The Build Of The Beast

I'm running the trusty greedy 13row cooler and relocater with inbuilt thermostat

It's mounted behind the grill but soon to be relocated passenger side front bar with custom ducting

• 1 year later...

Hey all. Seems like its been a while since I have updated this.

So where to start,

Car runs e85, made 340kw @ 20psi. Happy days. Even though it was only a mere 15kw or so increase from 98, the midrange increased unbelievably.

Such a joy to ride this car I tell you.

After e85 the car has not gone under any major transformations and nor do I intend to be doing anything else to it until the motor pops.

I did destroy my ling long radiator at wakey a while back. 40 degree weather and inferior aluminium dont seem to mix well haha. Oh well dropped in a nice Koyo radiator. Seems to be doing well especially on hot days.

Went down to WSID about a month or so ago, conditions were perfect, nice and cold and track temp was up.

Picked this bastard up on the way

20141001_234144_zpsa6udyqoq.jpg

Oh well I said, Just tap it in a little more.

Then ran a 11.2 @ 127 mph

http://vid1040.photobucket.com/albums/b406/jacquesvd/Sequence01_1_zps5c9dfec4.mp4

Pretty happy with the result.

Anyway, here are some pics of how the car is fighting old age.

1458694_10151767000251831_1409482578_n_z

1467194_10151767000256831_898042013_n_zp

1488019_10151767000331831_13415631_n_zps

IMG_20140315_164502_zps75694688.jpg

20141004_131638_zpsc7g9ldmb.jpg

• Like 4

Also, finally have my oil cooler in. We will just have to see how it goes next time at the track. Hopefully do one before the end of the year. :)

Just cruising around and giving it a hard time seems good. On the 40 degree day on Sunday did not see my oil temp go to a 100. Usually with aircon pumping on those hot days I have 100 degree oil temp. Just stayed at a solid 85 oil and 78 water. Happy days

Whilst trying to fix a leak at the rear of the transfer case where the attesa actuator goes in. The bloody rubber seal lost its grip and started draining the attesa fluid. GRRRRRRRRR

So I Im like whatever, might as well change the attesa fluid while I'm at it.

All goes well, drain reservoir, fill new fluid, bleed the pump on top of the diff, sweet its going well,

Unplug that white plug to bleed on the transfer case, yep sweet its going well,

Then all of a sudden the pump just runs non stop even though the bleeders were closed. WTF!!! Back to the drawing board,

Check reservoir, yep its full

Check error code on attesa, 53, pressure switch.

I say f**k it, as soon as the pump starts running I crack the bleeder, let a whole lot of fluid come out and then bam a huge air pocket comes out. Where the f**k did you come from? Stupid hydraulics, stupid air!!!

Rant over.

Fun stuff hey? Most enjoyable indeed.

However...I had to do mine too and all I did was jack the car up, turn motor on, and then just bled the fluid from the front and rear nipples for a couple seconds at a time while topping up the reservoir. Did that for a couple of minutes...every time the pressure drops too low while draining the pump will fire up automatically.

Funnily enough that little white swich did nothing for me :D

I've found that my pump will try to build pressure as well with the white connector plugged in.

With only ignition to on not car started. But leaving it for the night and back to it tomorrow.

I would never make it as a mechanic haha. I only do it to save money haha.

I think what some other people do is jack the car up on all 4 so it's level, put the car in gear and then bleed the system as its rolling. I'll probably do that next time...would be even easier too if you can get someone to keep an eye on that reservoir while you stay under there bleeding away.

Haha that is always the original reason and then it turns into a way of life champ ;)

So im much better prepared for wakefield this upcoming weekend.

Oil cooler is in and working beautifully it seems. Usually I sit at about 100* on the freeway, now its < 90*

Last time I used RSR's. But now I have some 275 Nitto Nt01's. With my tracks wheels. I bought some koya wheels. They weigh in at 9kg a wheel. Not bad for a non jap brand I reckon. Overall though the nittos are a pretty heavy tyre in comparison to the RSR. But the grip, so much grip

Hope car goes well, all I have left is to do brake fluid and Im done.

20141206_171721_zpspbv3eqz7.jpg

20141206_154238_zpsxmod1tt0.jpg

• Like 1

Oil cooler is in and working beautifully it seems. Usually I sit at about 100* on the freeway, now its < 90*

Oh very nice man! Yeh I'm lucky to get 70-80 degrees with mine...I think I need a thermostat lol. What did you get for yours?

Surprised there aren't more people commenting on this thread! Very impressed that you're trucking along with that power on a stock engine, and seem to not care about what could happen at track day! I'll be going down the same route early next year with an oil cooler and -9s and hope to make similar power and yes, track it as much as possible. Where'd you pickup your headlights from anyway?