SAU Community

Pnm35 Build Thread

PN-Mad

• 2 months later...

Yes Josh, was me.

Bit of a Run down after NATS!

One tank of fuel to Nats, three days running around, and trip back - 550kms still not empty. Gotta love Jezs tuning, especially as I'm not running O2 sensor correction. 3 nights in South Goulburn Caravan park. 3 foot long subways, 3 breakfasts at trappers bakery (yum!), one farked up neck, $4 into the high pressure carwash, 3 days of sunburn, and loads of faces put to forum names.

Show and shine - 4 Stageas came along, 3 C34s and 1 M35.

8197184217_28c44a9fbe_c.jpg

I now have a SAU trophy to put with my Skyline Nats trophy. I have to say, Judging was not strict, and comprised more of "I like this car". I'm not a car trophy kinda guy, but its nice to be recognised for doing something right. If you are positively mad my friends - bring your cars out to events! Seriously, I thought 4 Stageas (and only one M35!) was a bit weak considering the community we have here. Events are cool, you'll have fun, people are friendly. Watch out for upcoming links.

8197181409_b3779e85ab_c.jpg

Back home tucked up.

8197179895_b37a31bb0a_c.jpg

I'll be adding some more photos and updates of things to come soon. Changes are afoot.

And Josh, I have Thule Roof Racks- they are just used for carrying stuff, not for keeping to top of the car for flatcappers.

Alex, I let you have that one - didn't wash my car (again!)... :P

Seriously though, you deserve the win - I'm liking your car more and more every time I see it! Yours is one of the few Stageas around with wheels that aren't absolutely swallowed by those guards. :)

(My groceries are still faster than yours, though! :P )

• 2 weeks later...

Spent all weekend on the car.

First of all the Thanks-

Thanks so much to Jetwreck for putting in the time, and having a ability to get to stuff that I just can't get to. :cheers:

Thanks to Daleo for his work on customising my headers- and coming through with the right tool at crunch time. :cheers:

Thanks to WagonBoy for coming and lending a hand- :cheers:

Thanks to HKS Nismo Bro Full Hectic Garage for use of the facilities. :cheers:

We did this :

8239886554_2a48cc88b6_z.jpg

So the Car is back to NA :(

But we did do a few tweaks :yes:

I didn't want to spend money on tomei manifolds, going back to NA, and I didn't want China spec ones either so the stock ones were the go. But after having a close look at the manifolds, the restriction on the ports was amazing. Big bits of weld hanging off, tiny tube inside of tube... etc etc.

8017902414_33fe9367ce_z.jpg

8017903501_fd2f4ca5ce_z.jpg

8017899915_b866521c86_z.jpg

8017901709_d1184872aa_z.jpg

So, Daleo (the magician with all things metallic) went to work on the headers - the results speak for themselves.

8239883258_ce6b5422de_z.jpg

8238814651_b564863b0f_z.jpg

8238821327_d8d644a555_z.jpg

8239884672_2e6c2ceeac_z.jpg

Now obviously I don't have a dyno before and after with the manifold, but it doesn't take a scientist to work out that flow has been improved. It wouldn't be a cost effective mod if you were pulling the headers off to do that, because of the labour involved, but since we were replacing the manifolds, and I had them out of the car I thought we'd give em a touch up.

So, the turbo system is out, and will be for sale. I will put up a for sale thread soon. Why remove it? I figured that I'd created something that didn't really suit my requirements. My Mrs drives this car daily to work, and with the idea of kids in the future, it wasn't going to be a mummy friendly car. So I decided to take it back a few steps. I'm very happy with my decision, but I loved the time as a turbo. The turbo kit really deserves to go to someone who will drive the car hard on weekends or track days - something I wasn't comfortable doing in the wagon.

A new project will be a Track car / texi car build, and something to take out on SAUNSW club runs. I already have plans, and have started collecting a few parts. The idea is to have something that I can build up, and learn to improve my driving participating in motorsport activities, without having to worry about breaking the Mrs daily car :whistling:

The Stagea will get a couple of little mods - and then will be back to Jez for a NA tune since I still have all the uprev software thats only coded to my car. Hopefully that will give the car a little extra pep, and no doubt will still be very enjoyable to drive.