SAU Community

Pnm35 Build Thread

PN-Mad

Yeah, but you are comparing Mitsi's Hero car to Nissan's generic Skyline Aaron.

Hardly fair. Of course the Evo is going to be better than a GTS-T.

Apples and Apples would be to compare the Evo with a GTR...

Btw, I actually really like some Evo's

no one compared the evo to the R33 :no:

actually compared the R32 to the R33 which is actually apples, for apples - considering its the same line, but they went backwards instead of forward

I don't always PN-Mad, but when I do; I Daleo. ;)

The search is over; AND it's a Nissan.

1982-Old-Renault-Fuego-Turbo-011.jpg

Bam!

You can thank me later. ;)

Also comes with semi's, and they look grippy.

"I don't always de-turbo my VQ35 and buy a RWD Nissan toy, but when I do I Renault..."

• 3 weeks later...

Well, after cracking the shits, and swearing I'll never do anything but just service the car, I've gone and bought stuff!

8288921749_811acc816c_z.jpg

Plenum I got second hand, pads I got are QFM HPX for the front, and something else for the rear cause it was all that was in stock. Brakes are in preparation for the "CAMS come and try" day happening early next year. Apparently the HPX are rated 150 degrees higher than what I have on the front at the moment.

Hopefully Jez will be able to fit me in for a NA tune early next year, to give me a few more horses to play with.

well the plenum is in, after some help from the guys. First impression is heaps of induction noise. A little bit of resonance at 2600-2700rpm. Feels like some decent gains in the top end of the range, and feels like it does rev a bit freer.

Will be going for a tune early in the year to see if we can't squeeze some more out of it even at this light bolt on stage.

Those 6 middle plenum bolts you mentioned.

Can't believe Nissan tapped them right through.

Thought I was going mad trying to put the bloody thing on. Wish someone would give me some high flow cats....

Well, its a hot day as most of you know. I thought it would be a good idea to strap the laptop in and see what the coolant temps did on the way to work. Medium traffic, city commute to work, AC on.

Highest I got was 85 degrees! It sat neatly on low 80s the whole way, even sitting at lights. Cooling mods are Big mishimoto Rad, Nismo thermostat, Scotty cooling mod, and an ext tranny cooler.

I was pretty damm impressed!

Well, its a hot day as most of you know. I thought it would be a good idea to strap the laptop in and see what the coolant temps did on the way to work. Medium traffic, city commute to work, AC on.

Highest I got was 85 degrees! It sat neatly on low 80s the whole way, even sitting at lights. Cooling mods are Big mishimoto Rad, Nismo thermostat, Scotty cooling mod, and an ext tranny cooler.

I was pretty damm impressed!

That's pretty good Alex, nothing over 85 is a great result; looks like Scotty's cooling mod is my next move.

What was ambient temp?

Edited by Daleo