SAU Community

Pnm35 Build Thread

PN-Mad

• 2 weeks later...

So, had the lil nugget on the Dyno up at DVS JEZ tuning today to check the tune out, and make sure everything was nice and safe. Also to see what powerz we make. So quick recap - S14 SR20det, GTX3071 6Boost mani, tial 44mm ext gate. 98 pump gas

dyno vid:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67036277@N07/8529131921/

8529149563_fa10295415_c.jpg[/url]

IAT? Come on mate, this isn't powertunez!

At his power level, there is very little point pushing further. Drag car - yes, street car - yes, "powercruise" and the like - yes

Track car - no.

We have to sort the traction out first before adding power. Fast cars need handling more than they need more power. And its plenty enough for me at the moment.

Good thing is, the GTX is just getting into its stride at 18psi. 26/28 pound is a real possibility. So its in reserve. E85- I do like the idea, but its extra hassle and convince of pump is nice.

Unfortunately not to the one on the 30th.

Too much to do in the mean time, and working easter anyway. Plus I have to sort the plumb back gate

The good news is that Jez's dyno reads pretty much exactly the same as Unigroup dyno. So you can be confident there are no shenanigans with Jez tuning and he will be careful with SR20's due to the noise they make. There are no prizes for making them rattle.

The 180 was originally tuned by Unigroup (and has their Cams in it), and produced a similar power figure. I did have a chat to Jez about the old tractor sounds :)

• 4 weeks later...

180sx update:

So I found this magical store called GKTech that sell all kinds of goodies cheap :) Its a pleasure us stagea owners don't really get, having access to plentiful supply of reasonably priced decent quality parts.

Anyway, ordered their caliper brackets, a upgraded engine fan, and some adjustable rear toe arms to replaced the one that is bent.

I went about replacing the very tired brakes with these new items. The pads that were in it were shot. They were once Bendix ultimates (0-550 degrees), but they had been turned into powder. I'll upload a pic later. So bendix ultimates as a track pad - NO!

I phoned up GSL rallysport and put an order in for A1RM (0-780 degrees)pads all round, and a bottle of TRW GP600 fluid. As usual, great service by these guys, and it was on my doorstep in less than 24hrs.

New billet caliper extenders bolted up, 2 piece rotors on, and pads in, it was time for the Mrs to be called up to do some bleeding. Bled the Clutch too for good measure. Took them for a quick drive to bed in, and the results are amazing. Great pedal feel, and good stopping without having to heave on the pedal to get results. Time will tell if they hold up on the circuit.

Still have to install the toe arms and rad fan, and get it aligned. I'd really like to find out some good suspension alignment specs from some of these track guys and see what I have to get to make it all work.

I may have a lead on an oil cooler, so I will chat about that later, and I'll chuck up some photos for effect tomorrow :)

Well, bit of an update. I forgot the other day to show you what I picked up!

As part of my work we get a "health lifestyle" reimbursement. I shot an email off, and after receiving confirmation it was NEW HELMET TIME!!! Daleo recommended a trip out to MCA at Auburn. A very helpful lady out there steered me through the process, and I settled on the Bell RS-1. What I love about it is its really well ventilated for sweaty dream boats like me, and although it is full face, it has heaps of room round the mouth so that it doesn't feel as closed in. I also got some Alpinestars Gloves, which while they are pricey, are super comfortable and nice to be in.

8618514114_79d96bbf15_c.jpg
Yesterday I took a trip down to Wollongong, to pick up this little kit. I'm not going to have it fitted in time for the track, but will give me something to do after if it doesn't break something else. So its a brand new GKTech adaptor place- I got warned off the sammich style because they break off the thread regularly on SR20s. Not only that, but the way they have to sit means the lines are really crimped up, so this unit is stacks betterer. Along with a oil filter re-locator, and a 19 row core.
8617406095_b7b2687689_c.jpg
The only thing is I also have this brand new ARC core. I think I will use the one in the kit I bought, because the ARC one is just so pretty. I'd hate to bash it up..... maybe it'll go on later.
8617407171_5348611dd2_c.jpg
I also had the adjustable rear toe arms put in, cause I don't have a rattle gun, I couldn't for the life of me undo the bolts! So I just gave it to a place that was going to do the alignment.

So the alignment specs are:

Front:

-2mm toe in

-2.2 degrees camber (max I could get front the strut tops)

6.5 degrees castor (as much as he said it could get)

Rear:

-2 degrees camber

-2 toe in

So we'll see how it goes Tuesday at Wakefield!

What I love about it is its really well ventilated for sweaty dream boats like me, and although it is full face, it has heaps of room round the mouth so that it doesn't feel as closed in.

8618514114_79d96bbf15_c.jpg

Nice helmet, but how do you see out with all that writing?

Also - post-76144-0-70557700-1365047046_thumb.png

Nice one Alex!

The new range of Bell Helmets have only just been released in Australia, and the specs looks really good.
The prices definitely won't stay low forever.

You'll look the part; so nothing else really matters!