SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

Today is gonna be best day of air show imo cos the b52 stratofortress is only doin a fly over today not any other day real shame cos it's a huge ass mofocker

Who's idea was it to schedule that on a day that everyone is at work and school?

Unless they're also doing a flyover the city to get people looking to the skies and interesting in coming on Saturday / Sunday...

Nothing says "Marketing Genius" like making people think the Rialto is about to be attacked by a flying fortress

I remember a few years ago it was supposed to do a fly-over of St Kilda yacht club area from Point Cook. few hundred people rocked up to the wave break pier thing and waited for like 2 hours. finally a tweet spread that they couldnt get it ready in time...

I remember a few years ago it was supposed to do a fly-over of St Kilda yacht club area from Point Cook. few hundred people rocked up to the wave break pier thing and waited for like 2 hours. finally a tweet spread that they couldnt get it ready in time...

wasn't that the AC130 Spectre

ac-130_gunship-jpe.jpeg

• Like 1

I was going to go to that... glad i am lazy

Simon, any I.T jobs going at your work? :P

Nope... It's just me atm... I fired my lackey a few months ago because he was useless and there probably wasn't enough work for both of us (though I was down to 50% efficiency because I had to hand hold so much).

Now my workload is high, but not high enough for another person to come onboard...

Nope... It's just me atm... I fired my lackey a few months ago because he was useless and there probably wasn't enough work for both of us (though I was down to 50% efficiency because I had to hand hold so much).

Now my workload is high, but not high enough for another person to come onboard...

Ahh fair enough, well if that changes let me know :P

Getting f**k all opportunities at my current place.

Who's idea was it to schedule that on a day that everyone is at work and school?

Unless they're also doing a flyover the city to get people looking to the skies and interesting in coming on Saturday / Sunday...

Nothing says "Marketing Genius" like making people think the Rialto is about to be attacked by a flying fortress

Well there's one static display and the one doing the flyover today is flying 16 hours straight to participate and keeping on going no stops.

Well there's one static display and the one doing the flyover today is flying 16 hours straight to participate and keeping on going no stops.

Decent range... probably $100k worth of fuel :P inb4 scotty suggests E85

• Like 1

Decent range... probably $100k worth of fuel :P inb4 scotty suggests E85

they already did it

http://www.airforce-technology.com/features/featureflying-fuel-efficient/featureflying-fuel-efficient-6.html

edit:

oh and it holds 181,610 L of fuel..

enough to get it 1600km

if it flying 16 hours will need at least one refuel.

so 300,000 Litres plus the fuel from the refueling aircraft.

guessing they pay more than 1$ a liter for aircraft fuel..so think 500K -1 Mill

or to put it in VWL terms, one house sold dogily to someone fronting a Chinese millionaire.

• Like 1

You were in a 4G inverted dive with a mig 28?

I flew with your old man. VF-51, the Oriskany. You're a lot like he was. Only better...and worse. He was a natural heroic son of a bitch that one.