SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

I've seen them constructing that or another building

Farkin eyesores

But wouldn't be bad living in one, nice views at least - just a shame it screws everyone else over

inb4 Frankston is new surfers paradise

I f**king hate this Chinese property bullshit and our government (Liberal OR Labor) for selling us the f**k out.

There are more millionaire Chinese than working Australians...say hello to new Hong Kong, Melbourne.

But they haven't really the media is spinning bs the law is quite firm

Foreigners cannot buy established property unless they have correct visa which in many cases states they must sell it when they leave if they don't become permanent resident.

They do have pretty much unrestricted access to new property - apartments house & land etc and in cases for $5 million plus property (apart from Dezz who cares) so it's a big beat up.

Just cos someone looks chinese/ indian or whatever and outbids you doesn't mean they aren't just entitled to that property as you are given they are 99% likely to be a permanent resident as the law requires on established property.

Reason for all the above and allowing them to buy new is simple - it creates jobs for people like Dezz gov is ok with this. Established no job creation so no no.

Tyre Power North Melbourne is pretty friendly regarding that sorta stuff aren't they?

What were they refusing to do? Put the tyres on the rims or the rims on the car? or fit your coilovers to the car?

But they haven't really the media is spinning bs the law is quite firm

Foreigners cannot buy established property unless they have correct visa which in many cases states they must sell it when they leave if they don't become permanent resident.

They do have pretty much unrestricted access to new property - apartments house & land etc and in cases for $5 million plus property (apart from Dezz who cares) so it's a big beat up.

Just cos someone looks chinese/ indian or whatever and outbids you doesn't mean they aren't just entitled to that property as you are given they are 99% likely to be a permanent resident as the law requires on established property.

Reason for all the above and allowing them to buy new is simple - it creates jobs for people like Dezz gov is ok with this. Established no job creation so no no.

Laws mean shit as long as loopholes exist and they do. They buy through people already living here and there is no limit on how much property a permanent resident can buy. My general manager sold his home for 2 million to an 18 year old girl, tell me where she got the money for that in her short life lol. Also many foreigners ARE wanting permanent residency and that is part of the problem. Spend 5 million on a business investment and you have automatic permanent residency. If a house is commercially zoned, bonus, you can buy your house and your investment in one go.

I believe in a balance and things aren't balanced from what I see. Our city and inner city is swiftly heading for a majority Chinese population. Melbourne was/is a multicultural city and that's what made/makes it so great, not another version of a Singapore where the Chinese own everything and every other ethnicity is forced out to the fringe or you have these segregated pockets here and there.

so i get "flush" fitting wheels, large tyres, coilovers, nothing ridiculous or excessive... and now Traction Tyres say they wont put them on because they cant make them fit.

where do all these stance kids get their shit fitted?

whereever you can buy nangkan linglong or roadstone tyres?

so i get "flush" fitting wheels, large tyres, coilovers, nothing ridiculous or excessive... and now Traction Tyres say they wont put them on because they cant make them fit.

where do all these stance kids get their shit fitted?

OTR could be the place to go for that.

Boss is so retarded... His 27" Apple Thunderbolt screen has died, so he's going to go buy a new one from the Apple Store now... $1200

Even after I've advised him:
- All the buyers guides say "DO NOT BUY" because a new 27" 5K Display (Same panel as the iMac / the new Dell range) is about to be released
- You'll be buying something which hasn't had an update in 1259 days (3.5 years)
- Due to its age it's only got USB 2 (His laptop supports USB 3)
- Due to its age it's only got Magsafe 1 power connector (His laptop uses Magsafe 2, so would need another adapter)
- Due to its age it's only got Thunderbolt 1 (His laptop uses Thunderbolt 2)

I advised him (as the IT Manager) that he should purchase 2 x Dell U2913WM (Ultra Wide 29" Screens, $550ea) for the office which connect up to the laptops in exactly the same way, and since he wants an Apple screen he should take someone elses Apple Thunderbolt Display after replacing it with one of the Dell screens... Then purchase the new Apple 5K display once it is released.

He says "That sounds like a logical idea"... 10 minutes later he says "I'll be back in about 45 minutes" and walks out the front door.

Sometimes I don't even know why I'm here, because it's clearly not to offer logical IT advise to save the company money.

• Like 1

cause he's the bawse?

Tyre Power North Melbourne is pretty friendly regarding that sorta stuff aren't they?

What were they refusing to do? Put the tyres on the rims or the rims on the car? or fit your coilovers to the car?

they fitted tyres to wheels, coilovers already on the car and they say "those wheels will never fit under those guards". and apparently camber wont bring it close enough. too much poke (apparently)

bit of a drive just to put wheels on... maybe ill just dial in my own camber, how hard could it be? :P tape measure, piece of string, easy.

OTR could be the place to go for that.

yeah, was thinking that

will get guards rolled next week

I don't get why you sys admins get so flustered with what people do with computers when you could be looking at all their personal shit

Because it comes out of my IT Budget, when I could have replaced two other screens in the office for the same price.

cause he's the bawse?

they fitted tyres to wheels, coilovers already on the car and they say "those wheels will never fit under those guards". and apparently camber wont bring it close enough. too much poke (apparently)

bit of a drive just to put wheels on... maybe ill just dial in my own camber, how hard could it be? :P tape measure, piece of string, easy.

You'd think if TT say it can't fit... that's good advice. I've dealt with them a couple times with weird shit and they certainly went out of their way to "make it work", so if they say IMPOSSIBRU!!!! they are likely speaking from a good vantage point?

Laws mean shit as long as loopholes exist and they do. They buy through people already living here and there is no limit on how much property a permanent resident can buy. My general manager sold his home for 2 million to an 18 year old girl, tell me where she got the money for that in her short life lol. Also many foreigners ARE wanting permanent residency and that is part of the problem. Spend 5 million on a business investment and you have automatic permanent residency. If a house is commercially zoned, bonus, you can buy your house and your investment in one go.

I believe in a balance and things aren't balanced from what I see. Our city and inner city is swiftly heading for a majority Chinese population. Melbourne was/is a multicultural city and that's what made/makes it so great, not another version of a Singapore where the Chinese own everything and every other ethnicity is forced out to the fringe or you have these segregated pockets here and there.

Yes there is a lot of asians, come west heaps of indians too Australia's a small population.

You've got one example it's hardly solid ground the statistics on foreign ownership in aus are actually very low

It's a media beat up playing on Australia's underlying racism. I'm not even backing them up as if I make money out of it cos I sell established houses and I need to shift 10 or more for it to be $5 mill worth lol

The statistics aren't accurate for reasons I raised in my post

It's not foreign ownership when the purchaser is a resident

You'd need statistics on ethnicity of home buyers and multiple home buyers, but can't do that for obvious reasons