SAU Community

Can I Get A Decent R32 Gt-R For $20K-$22K?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love reading these threads, makes me feel even better about my mint r32 Nismo edition parked up in my garage. Also makes me want to say no to tracking it anymore and to build somthing that I can crash and not care about.

So it's a Winn Winn hahahahaha

Very nice car mate.

I love reading these threads, makes me feel even better about my mint r32 Nismo edition parked up in my garage. Also makes me want to say no to tracking it anymore and to build somthing that I can crash and not care about.

So it's a Winn Winn hahahahaha

Ive been in the market for a 32 GTR for me / GTST for my girlfriend for a while myself now, Sold my mint one back in 09 and have regretted it ever since and basically been searching for another since then. I have reached the point where I'm basically ready to give up, I have scoured the import dealers and they are way overpriced and in such sad condition, and the private ones just as bad and many with terrible dodgy mods, but a few grand cheaper,

I think its time to accept its a 22 year old performance car that has been used and abused for all its life and finding a mint one like my last one will be near impossible. I ended up buying a clean 33 GTST to try tide me over and that was nothing but a nightmare, looked clean but engine / driveline started showing huge problems just a few days later so I fixed it up and sold it.

I might just buy a 06 WRX or something now and just have one nice car instead of a GTR and a daily, I have considered a 34 as they are newer but I don't like the look of the GTT and my budget is 20 - 25k so a 34 GTR is out of reach.

I'm sure theres some good ones hiding out there somewhere, just unfortunately I think I've ran out of patience. Good luck with your search.

Good ones are definitely out there.

I had one.. About a year and a bit ago. 65k chassis, 3k built motor, interior as new, basically mint. (shitty pictures, sorry, seriously doesn't do it justice)

Resides in Syd still on these WA plates.

th_DSC_0273.jpg th_DSC03790.jpg th_DSC03789.jpg th_DSC03786.jpg th_DSC03783.jpg th_DSC03575.jpg th_DSC03709.jpg th_DSC00237.jpg th_DSC03578.jpg th_DSC03583.jpg (R33 GTR LM belongs to Pal on here)

Sold it with stock wheels (what new owner wanted), switch was for 4wd/2wd iirc... Can't remember what the washers in the bonnet were for.. That's why it sits high near the windscreen.

Buyer said it was the 14th one he looked at before buying..

I missed it so much that same as others, I started hunting for another not long after... (Also built motor etc)

th_243220_10150254633954188_722749187_8972254_3775466_o.jpg th_IMG_1995.jpg th_IMG_7703.jpg th_IMG_7707.jpg th_IMG_7721.jpg th_IMG_7725.jpg th_IMG_7726.jpg th_5743515461_22ca1d7d35_b.jpg th_5490961464_951d7e05c9_o.jpg (Yes, it did briefly have a carbon GT wing on a spare boot but that got quickly changed in favour of a stocky and only went on for track events)

Sold this to someone in Perth who is FIFO so I'll probably never see it again as he also doesn't cruise etc sad.gif

They are definitely out there so just keep looking :)

I definitely see myself in another one in the future for sure but will be a good few years before I return..... And I bet there will still be good ones out there yes.gif

edit: This one ticks nearly all the boxes for me... Minus steering wheel, wheels, tail lights and possibly GTS4 gearing, this looks really good on paper... Pity I'm not in the position to buy atm....

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/R32-GTR-Skyline-580HP-ATW-New-motor-Tidy-car-432KW-ATW-/190630689524?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item2c62797af4#ht_2184wt_1270

Edited by 10 4

those ones awesome !! i want to get my hands on something like that :)

going to see a bayside blue r32 gtr tomorow, forged rebuild 25/30's etc...hopefuly its not a disappointment

There was a grade 5 R32 gtr with only 8000kms that went through auction in Jap the other day. Grade 4.5 Silver one with 17,000kms.

Both had service records. Heaps of nice ones at the dealerships in Jap too.

Inspected afew already, got afew more next weekend to see and afew in qld too, not gonna jump into one just yet as I want to get them thoroughly inspected and be 100% sure with my decision.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Sorry to re-hash this tread but.............. I bought what I think is a nice car from a fellow forum member in Victoria yesterday.

Drove 931kms yesterday in 11 hours with 3 stops.... never missed a beat except for a problem in selecting reverse.

Fortunately I was going forward all day not backwards so it didn't really affect me!

I'll give it some love and attention so it should come up really nice.

I love original straight cars........

The good news……

2 owners in Australia since 2007.

106,000 genuine kms.

Full history since coming to Australia.

Japanese export papers.

Australian import documents

ADR Compliance papers

2 x Victorian Roadworthy Certificates. One in 2007 and one 2008.

2 major services, 1 minor plus new OEM radiator, RBD front rotors plus new pads plus other general servicing work + new battery.

It has original exhaust, wheels, 100% stock as a rock under the bonnet.

Car has original rear speakers with upgraded fronts behind the STD grills.

I have OEM radio cassette to be fitted. So ICE will be stock.

Original windscreen and mouldings.

Great OEM steering wheel and gear knob.

The not so good news…… Please advise on costs where applicable please.

Tyres are absolute rubbish…. Yokohama S Drives…… Rears are gone and fronts are FxxKING NOISY AS BUGGARY! - $660.00 for Bridgestones, RE002's….

Hard to select Reverse…. Linkages or lock out playing up. Any common problem here?

Thrust bearing needs replacement. - Could someone advise approx cost for that all up for parts and labour?

Climate control won't heat, air conditioning excellent though. Regardless of temperature setting it cools as if it's on maximum cold. Will a replacement climate control unit fix these issues or are the problems most likely somewhere else?

Small dash bubble.

Globe blown behind Volt gauge. Is this fixable or am I better off just buying another trio of gauges for $100?

Needs major service and some. - $1000.00

Needs to be blue slipped and registered in NSW for 12 months - $1350.00

A few dings here and there and a bit of paintwork (wiper arms.YUK!) to be fixed, approx $200.00.

Interior needs a bit of work, mainly driver's seat.

All up, I hope I'll get the car within my budget.

Here are some pics...

Thanks for looking..... Bob.

9f224b2f.jpg

bab8dcbc.jpg

dbbc98da.jpg

8f4381c5.jpg

1059862b.jpg

6c00aecf.jpg

ca57665b.jpg

f16a4495.jpg