SAU Community

New Garrett Gtx2860R / 2863R / 2867R

Gav

The additional 50hp ain´t worth it - but 400rpm sooner RPM on a dyno and a much smoother power transition on the road are worth it.

And your drivetrain won´t be f**ked as hard...

Got a graph that shows that?

It can be seen on the Dynosheets I posted above, although the boost pressure reading is wrong on the one with the GT2530´s it gives an indication when full boost was achieved (around 4800rpm), compared to around 4400 using the GTX.

I ordered this part number and got turbine housings that would suit a silvia SR...It wasn't the compact rear flange mount, so $660 wasted...

I'm on the hunt again for rear housings...

I got mine delivered in 4 days, don't have part number though as they have been sent to shop.

• 1 month later...

Well my setup is finally sorted and on the road. Tune will be next after run in.

Can't wait to put some boost into these babies!!!

GTX2860's

HPI dump pipes

tomei 2.8

stock cams

ported stock intake pipes

modded GTX compressor housings.

HKS actuators

post-12712-0-92194900-1352214347_thumb.jpgpost-12712-0-22558400-1352214369_thumb.jpgpost-12712-0-09317300-1352214381_thumb.jpg

Can´t wait to see the graph when it´s done :-)

We managed to get 604whp on a Mustang Dyno at 1.7 bar with more ignition timing (about 20 degree, last time on a Superflow we only managed to get around 415whp with 10 degree).

Edited by AndyStuttgart

hey gtrsean, any reason why you decided to add flanges to the compressor housings, rather than using silicon couplings?

The rear turbo in particular is the main issue, as the snout of the turbo is basically hard against the dump pipe, and no silicone hose will last there longer that 5 minutes

The additional 50hp ain´t worth it - but 400rpm sooner RPM on a dyno and a much smoother power transition on the road are worth it.

And your drivetrain won´t be f**ked as hard...

Funny you say that , because you are the one saing you were dissapointed with your result..

Well my setup is finally sorted and on the road. Tune will be next after run in.

Can't wait to put some boost into these babies!!!

GTX2860's

HPI dump pipes

tomei 2.8

stock cams

ported stock intake pipes

modded GTX compressor housings.

HKS actuators

post-12712-0-92194900-1352214347_thumb.jpgpost-12712-0-22558400-1352214369_thumb.jpgpost-12712-0-09317300-1352214381_thumb.jpg

Damn! So its possible to fit the turbo oem piping with these turbos? are you modified the piping or its the housing?

Funny you say that , because you are the one saing you were dissapointed with your result..

I was disappoint regarding absolute numbers, but not about the power delivery.

Before the remap we / Steve from FC Tuning did now, there was no fair comparison possible between the HKS GT2530 we had before and the GTX2860R we use now - as the HKS´s were mapped "a bit", but the GTX were not.

To be precisely: about 15 degree ignition timing at 1.35 bar got us more power with the HKS than with the GTX at 1.7 bar and 9 degree.

But the GTX at about 21 degree ignition timing are a whole different story then ;-)

Have you posted your last final-tune sheet? I thought I only saw the first one which was dissapointed.

I'm still wondering myself if I keep the -5 or try to get a little extra from my rb26.

P.S: 20 timing seems a lot!!

Edited by cobrAA

It´s in the RB30 hybrid dyno thread ;-)

20 degree is not that much, taking into account that I use 102 octane pump fuel...

If you compare that sheet to the last (disappointing) one I posted, you can clearly see how much later torque etc. is produced - as the dyno did not use it´s eddy-current brake.

So I bet on the Superflow I´d see about 650hp and 550lbft...with 2 bar of boost (so fuel pump issue resolved), 700hp should be no problem!

BTW the car drives absolutely fine on the road! Full throttle in 2nd gear, no traction issues using 265/35R18 Toyo R888 on the rear...in a GTR this would be a dream to drive from the starting line!

post-30656-0-92519500-1351183274_thumb.jpg

Edited by AndyStuttgart

The rear turbo in particular is the main issue, as the snout of the turbo is basically hard against the dump pipe, and no silicone hose will last there longer that 5 minutes

I can prove otherwise on my own car. do a bit of clearancing with a die grinder, wrap the dump pipe, done.

I can prove otherwise on my own car. do a bit of clearancing with a die grinder, wrap the dump pipe, done.

Are you ceramic coating the dumps and wrapping them? I know in my case, HPI dumps, the clearance is fark nothing with -5's.

Damn! So its possible to fit the turbo oem piping with these turbos? are you modified the piping or its the housing?

Compressor housings were cut and welded to fit up oem plumbing. It's not as easy as just bolting them in. I got flanges welded onto the compressor outlets, and welded the intake piping onto compressors as well after porting them out.

I wanted stock plumbing, so no silicone joiners and aftermarket plumbing. Heat would be a problem too as blue_vl_t mentioned :).

post-12712-0-89785800-1352339124_thumb.jpg

Here's a link to my build thread (last few pages for GTX's), if you want to read more about the setup: http://www.skylinesa...89#entry6615289

Instead of buying turbo elbows, just build your own - that way you can maximize size and still gain some space towards the rear turbo :whistling:

post-30656-0-18498200-1352440995_thumb.jpg

Edited by AndyStuttgart

Got any pics of those fitted? I doesn't look like you gain that much compared to my tomei dumps

Are the tomei REAL 3 inch dumps? That´s the only one I could find where you can see the custom dump pipes...but it was before the GTX came in.

post-30656-0-40974600-1352450857_thumb.jpg