SAU Community

New Garrett Gtx2860R / 2863R / 2867R

Gav

I milled down my PS pump on the weekend.

Going to use the stock TT pipe if it isn't a flow restriction with the new compressors also.

Bit concerned I went with the 60s now. Interesting to see how much they take on a rb30

That will be an outright response monster!!! Keen to see your results!!!!

It's been discussed somewhere. You would have to machine out the covers to accept the different wheel. Why wouldn't you just buy a set of GTX's and sell what you have?

I covered this one a couple of months back, I did some research and was told the GTX need their specific covers. Cant run the bolt on style covers (or they would just make them like that for you boys!).

Nws mate.

Are you going to give it a go either way? The info I got was that they just wont work in that housing, but I wouldn't blame you for giving it a go.

Otherwise gotta stay -5 :(

I milled down my PS pump on the weekend.

Going to use the stock TT pipe if it isn't a flow restriction with the new compressors also.

Bit concerned I went with the 60s now. Interesting to see how much they take on a rb30

I´d kick out that stock TT pipe, even with the plate modification it´s not so ideal flowwise.

Just been on the rollers yesterday, but did not ran that good and now I´m a bit disappointed with the results.

Been on the rollers three times with HKS GT2530, last run was about 530hp and 700nm of torque at 1.35 bar.

Now (with the old tune being gone because of a computer crash) the GTX made much less, even on more boost.

Here you can have a look, the runs being done on 1.5 and about 1.7-1.8 bar.

Car popped off some hoses so I had no chance to alter A/F ratio or ignition, as it was on a dyno day and I was kind of stretching it anyways doing about 6 runs with fixing some pipe stuff/altering the boost...

For comparison (same dyno type), run on 1.35 bar dropping to 0.7 bar (boost controller safety feature not switched off) with HKS GT2530s:

kittydyno2.jpg

And on 1.5 / 1.7-1.8 bar with GTX2860R´s:

r0015817.jpg

Edited by AndyStuttgart

Nice pink bits :)

It´s my ex-GF´s car, so what should I say...

But it´s fun to smoke a lot of other fast cars with a Hello Kitty airbrushed S15 Silvia :D

...although it doesn´t really runs that well on revs as my twin GTX3076R RB28 BNR34 ;-)

As I´m not a native speaker I have to admit that I don´t really get the point what you are trying to say?

The R34 is not really tuned yet, still just running a redline of 8500rpm and not more than about 1.5 bar of boost...

He's trying to say he hopes you are revving to 11,000rpm and pushing 2.5bar to make your twin GTX3076 worth while.

why do you make reference to motors not being tuned? what tune is it running then?

He's trying to say he hopes you are revving to 11,000rpm and pushing 2.5bar to make your twin GTX3076 worth while.

why do you make reference to motors not being tuned? what tune is it running then?

It´s got an initial tune but nothing final yet...so conservative ignition timing but with adjusted fuelling of course.

I will run as much boost as necessary, same counts for the rev lmiter.

But as doing high-speed runs in Germany is a totally different story than anywhere else in the world, I will definately not beat the shit out of it for longer terms.

Because I do 300kmh+ runs for minutes it would definately kill my engine, no matter how well it´s set up. As said, totally different story than just to to some 0-200 pulls or 1/4 mile runs!

Doing that I´ll produce about 2megawatts of heat that can´t really be absorbed that well...

The GTX2860R would be the one. U'd need to make sure you get the .64 "compact 5 bolt" turbine housings to suit the GTR twin setup. The biggest problem is making good intake pipes in the tight space but if a decent amount of time is spent, it'll be well worth it.

No not yet - there are a few ways to skin the cat on this one. Given that the new GTX terbs have a 3" inlet (much larger than the 2" GT versions), I am thinking of new 3" piping from the pods to the compressor inlet.

Perth Garrett dealer tells me Garrett have 13 in stock (I assume he means Garrett Australia?). Anyway, part number is 430609-230 and retail inc GST is just shy of $400 per unit.

I ordered this part number and got turbine housings that would suit a silvia SR...It wasn't the compact rear flange mount, so $660 wasted...

I'm on the hunt again for rear housings...

Nws mate.

Are you going to give it a go either way? The info I got was that they just wont work in that housing, but I wouldn't blame you for giving it a go.

Otherwise gotta stay -5 :(

exactly. I had gt-ss,. bought -5 already. car beeing stored in 4 weeks no time for heavy custom works! and not sur eif the all the xtra hassle is worth the extra 50hp at this point)

The additional 50hp ain´t worth it - but 400rpm sooner RPM on a dyno and a much smoother power transition on the road are worth it.

And your drivetrain won´t be f**ked as hard...