SAU Community

New Garrett Gtx2860R / 2863R / 2867R

Gav

Are the tomei REAL 3 inch dumps? That´s the only one I could find where you can see the custom dump pipes...but it was before the GTX came in.

post-30656-0-40974600-1352450857_thumb.jpg

Series 1 are 72 mm internally.

Series 2 are 68 mm internally.

I have to measure again, I think I used 80mm pipes and bends, so 76mm inside diameter for each turbo until the cat converter, then 88.9x2mm to the back...as the cat is the biggest restriction anyways.

That´s why I used two catalic converters on the GTR, and after the middle box there´s a 114.3x2mm pipe towards backbox + end, as this was the biggest possible diameter between rear axle and LSD :D

post-30656-0-56654600-1352495512_thumb.jpg

Edited by AndyStuttgart

I can prove otherwise on my own car. do a bit of clearancing with a die grinder, wrap the dump pipe, done.

Give it 18months and then see.

I killed 2 silicone joiners on a low mount setup /w heat shielding over the course of 2 years simply due to radiant heat.

Sean has certainly done it right the first time. I'd never silicone in that area again.

• 3 months later...

post-12712-0-67065700-1361540869_thumb.jpg

Spat a bolt out of the turbine housing on the rear turbo, so exhaust leak...

My fault as I only used bolts and washers to attatch the rear housings, as they don't come with attachment hardware.

Permanent fix this time with the correct half retainers from some other turbo's in the shed.

Next time I go on a dyno, I'll put up a sheet.

Yeah do everything myself at home including engine builds lol....

Yep twins are fun, 6th time ever on GTR's now....probably 4-5 times with engine in the car, stubby ratchet ringies are your friend :D

here are some pics of a local newcastle engine builder & his latest project.

gtx snails with a few other goodies...take note of the intake plenum & flux capacitor. absolutely awesome fabrication work!

post-8728-0-34142400-1361587334_thumb.jpg

post-8728-0-83025700-1361587341_thumb.jpg

here are some pics of a local newcastle engine builder & his latest project.

gtx snails with a few other goodies...take note of the intake plenum & flux capacitor. absolutely awesome fabrication work!

I can see one of the goodies from here... that sneaky Newcastle fella!

Had a play with a nice GTR with a set of the GTX's (modified -5 front covers) last week we ran out of spark (see dip) @ 460rwkw on E85 @ around 23psi definitely good turbo s even with the hybrid front cover..

post-34927-0-77521600-1361870606_thumb.jpg

Had a play with a nice GTR with a set of the GTX's (modified -5 front covers) last week we ran out of spark @ 460rwkw on E85 @ around 24psi definitely good turbo s even with the hybrid front cover..

What size wheels? 60, 63 or 67's?

Had a play with a nice GTR with a set of the GTX's (modified -5 front covers) last week we ran out of spark (see dip) @ 460rwkw on E85 @ around 23psi definitely good turbo s even with the hybrid front cover..

Yeah what size? And what sort of response?

Edit: see the graph now

Edited by jangles