SAU Community

300Kw Unopened 25 Club...

mods: PowerFC, GTX3071R Garret, 0.6 cpm Cover, 0.82 IW, 23psi, Sard 555s, 3inch turbo back exhaust, Greddy type24 600x276x76mm FMIC, new Split Fires with HKS twin power, NGK BCRP7ES 1.1mm plugs, Water Methanol injection, 375ml min nozzle, Pomcams, electric fan & water pump

fuel: Shell optimax

power: no dyno, butt dyno +300rwkw @23psi

oil: Shell Helix 5w40 fully synthetic

useage: daily use

lifespan: 200rwkw - 6years, 275rwkw - 3years, +300rwkw @21psi - 1 year (<2000km). +300rwkw @24psi - 2 weeks

failure: Conrod number 1 smashed 3months ago.

comments: I did all works & tuning myself. Knock never exceed 25knock counts.

definitely no pinging. last time i checked with Yavus, the knock was 40-50knocks and it was fine and when hit about 100 then you can hear the ping. Also with my car, i have never seen knock over 10 when startup. Not all engine have the same knock reading.

When i add 2 degree advance, the knock will go straight up to 80-100 and you can hear the pinping.

would the pinging snapped the rod, and all the pistons are perfectly fine. Also on cylinder 1 i have allowed 1%more fuel.

The reason i posted here just to show that anything more than 300rwkw and 7500rpm is not safe, just a matter of time depending on the condition of the engine. 7000rpm limit would probably live longer. I have already prepared for this to happen and i decided to increase the power to see where the stocky can take me.

Don't flame me, i just wanna share info. :yes:

That's what i thought, high rev with the power level, the rod just let go. like i said pistons are fine, not a scratch.

Also i have allowed piston 1 and 6 with extra fuel (1% & 2% respectively).

After running WMI for last few years, the pistons are all clean, no carbon build up what so ever.

As entering the freeway, on 2nd gear on full throttle and went bang. I'm pretty sure i didn't hit the rev, it was more like about 5000rpm.

Mods: Usual crap and gt35r@26psi.

Power: ? Plenty more than 300rwkw.

Fuel: BP98

Oil: Some full synth crap.

Usage: Drove it to work and cruised on the weekend. Saw 7k rpm every day of the week.

Lifespan: Not long enough.

Failure: Was tuning in the passenger seat with the missus driving. Was fine the day before and the day it broke it was leaning out a bit. Didn't have much fuel in the tank...Either that or the fuel pump wasn't keeping up. Third gear pulls down the road from 80 kph. By the time I saw 13:1, yelled stop and she got off it, it went over 15:1 at full boost around 5k rpm. It was like this...brrrrrr, pshhhh, crackle pshh crackle pshh crackle, BANG! Popped off the intercooler pipe. Put the pipe back on, started it and there was blowby from one cylinder. Drove it home. Stripped it down a few weeks later. Broken ringland in number 2. Bearings still good, bores still have hone marks, no signs of detonation. Only broke from the leanout. Could have lasted ages or not...

Lucky it broke or I would have never built the forged 2530 that is currently getting machined. Should be in the car by next weekend.