SAU Community

300Kw Unopened 25 Club...

That's a low blow methz..

learn from your mistakes, got to crawl before you can walk, one must brave chaos to give birth to a star...

You see where I'm going with this ?I dunno if you can tune a car mate, but to me it looks really hard..just trying to get a grasp of all the different functions in my ecu is difficult..I have nothing admiration for anyone who has the balls to have a go knowing how much damage can be caused in an instant..ask any tuner around and I bet they have blown something up at some pointAny idiot can hop in a car and go fast, but it takes a wise man to make a fast car

The oil was fine but thanks for the reply. The tune was fine too. The fuel pump failed. As I have already stated in many posts, I don't need a dyno to tune. Thanks again for the advice. If my wife got off it in time the car would be fine. But its all good. Like I said I was just waiting for a reason to build the forged monster. The only reason that will go on the dyno is because it is illegal to pull 150kph skids down the freeway. Sau, the new youtube, feeling the love.

Edited by Room42

so it seems all these f**kup's are from DIY tuners. well done keep up the good work guys

If your happy to keep paying for $500+ tunes every time your setup changes then go ahead. I've saved well over $1000 on dyno tuning alone in the last few years and learnt a hell of a lot along the way, as im sure a lot of other DIY tuners on here have.

At the end of the day if everyone was like you and unwilling to try anything for yourself we'd all be paying workshops to do every last bit of work on our cars and the vast knowledge on this site would cease to exist as 99% of it comes from people getting out there and doing it themselves.

^ I tend to agree with the above, being a cowboy is what causes problems - and that condition is something that can happen with a "pro" or a DIY tuner. I personally took ages before I built up the nerve to tune my own car, or anyone elses.... I did shiteloads of research and general observation before I even considered pushing any numbers at all.

Once it got to a point where the main advantage I could see a pro-tuner would have over me would be how long I would take to tune a car I decided it was time and effort better spent by myself, as at least that way I'd be thorough and I knew exactly what was put into the tune and how hard I was leaning on it, and also I could keep refining the tune. Someone who is tuning to get a pretty dyno curve, and something that drives generally good and economically can just focus on basic areas of the map and settings which give a bare minimum to make a happy customer who is none the wiser. The thing that breaks a motor can be "the stuff in between"... I've seen plenty of tunes done by "pros" that I can say hand on heart are what I'd not even call acceptable for letting someone drive, at least more than to limp somewhere to get a proper tune.

I fully intend on doing everything I can to keep appreciation for how much force is involved with what we do, and how expensive the bits under that force are and continue the mission to learn how to best optimise the bits that go on so that the entire tuning process happens as comfortably as possible for the owner of a car, and the car itself - to end up with a proper long living well performing car, and hope to never be responsible for breaking an engine. If you understand the hardware, the software and general principals you are working with and remember to stay ever vigilant when tuning there is no magic and a DIYer should be perfectable able to DIY and get a good result... plenty of people here have done so fine so far.

Not having a go at you bud but lol when your fuel pump fails methz. And they do mate. I guess you'll be forking out for a rebuild and tune cos you don't/cant do it yourself. Goodbye $10k or more.

My forged beast only cost $6k in parts including a twin plate clutch, splitfires, side mount manifold and plenty other goodies.Only $2700 of that was internals and machining...Of course there was a lot spent prior to this build on boltons. If someone can get me a forged rb2530 for under $6k assembled and installed with a twinplate clutch etc then I will give up now. They are my new mechanic lol. Saves me the greasy hands.

I'd hate to be in the position where I had to spend nearly $20k to get a reliable strong engine. I've met a few perth guys who have. One bloke spent 25k on his rb26 and only put out 400rwhp...Poor guy.

I met a guy the other day who randomly pulled into my driveway when he saw me fitting my new slotted rotors to my r33. He asked for some help with his 33 and I diagnosed it in 2 seconds flat. He had already been to 2 mechanics and spent several hundred dollars without getting it fixed. Me being the good guy I am swapped his coil packs out for my stockers and his car was boosting again. He was over the moon and even more so when I said "Just give me a carton of corona".

I definitely will continue to build and tune my own cars. Why pay for it when I can do it better myself? Last time I got a tune checked on the dyno they only found 3 rwhp.

I know my way around the Haltech E11v2 extremely well now which is more than I can say for most of the dyno shops in Perth. I got knocked back by 6 different shops when I asked about doing some dyno time with the haltech. Of course there are a few guys who are good with it who I have found out about.

Anyway another long post in the wrong thread but what the hey. Be sure to check out my results when the new engine is run in and tuned. I am using a 3 bar map sensor atm and will swap that later to run 35 or so psi. Good times :yes:

Edit for spelling. Dur..

Edited by Room42

You're funny guy

No dyno sheet, no trap speed and a blown engine

And now you are the best engine builder and tuner in the land

Sweet

With the amount of engines I have killed I should be 5-6times better than you at building engines then

Everytime you post room42 it just seems your trying to bignote yourself...

Do you stand on a soapbox to take a piss too...

Everytime you post room42 it just seems your trying to bignote yourself...

Do you stand on a soapbox to take a piss too...

Just posted in "Got Over 400kw Atw?"

I will post results here in a while. Nuff said for now.

el o el

Haha

Wonder if he still has the 2 1/4" compliance cat?

It will flow 400 easy...not sure why everyone else needs to run huge exhausts for 400 lol

Lol at trolls making it obvious. Get back under ya bridges ladies ;)

Edit. This was the reason I haven't even looked at this site for months. A bunch of jealous f**ks who live in fairyland on their laptop.

Edited by Room42

Oh...I thought it was cause your car blew up....lol..

but seriously haters and trolls aside, I reckon you do alright man and wish you best of luck... :thumbsup:

Zeb y have you blown 6 engines..??

Haha Artz. Thanks bro. Actually have been kinda busy as of late. Spending lots of time at work to make the wife happy about me doing up the car and our son was born 4 weeks ago. Hectic and sleepless to say the least. I'm kinda nervous at how the car will be after the rebuild. It was scary at 26 psi on the rb25.

sorry but i dont pay $500 for each of my tunes, but unlucky for you if u do.. ive had over 300-350rwkw for yrs on a stock rb25.. guess some of u are just plain unlucky :)

mods: EMS Stinger, GT3540 Garret 0.7 cpm Cover 0.63 rear housing, 18psi on the daily 25psi on the weekend, 3inch turbo back exhaust, 600x300x75mm ebay cooler, 38mm gate

fuel: Shell 98 - or whatever was closest

power: 320rwkw pulled 125mph down the quarter but dodgy 4th gear syncro only pulled 12.2

oil: Royal purple 15 something..

useage: Every day

lifespan: Lasted 2 years, 30 000kms

failure: Rod bolt came loose and let go out the side of the block.

comments: Was an awesome car to drive. Cam on boost and and just continued to pull and very reliable until the last day,

you do realsie there is a LOT more to a tune than the max hp right?

Yeah mate. Considering that most driving is off boost, that should be obvious to anyone.

Regardless of any of it, Nathan is one of the few people that would actually cone here and give what was sometimes good advice to people trying to learn ..thats more than I could say for many of the "look what I bought" builders that come here with opinions and little else..

I would have no worries going for a drive with him and trying to improve my tune, then if shit blew up I would sit back, have a beer and a laugh and get on with life..I would come on here and tell everybody about it too without fear of slander cause it doesn't matter if you win or lose, the important thing is that you keep trying

I learnt that of Charlie bear the other day ;)