SAU Community

300Kw Unopened 25 Club...

Regardless of any of it, Nathan is one of the few people that would actually cone here and give what was sometimes good advice to people trying to learn ..thats more than I could say for many of the "look what I bought" builders that come here with opinions and little else..

These are the people that annoy me. Never touched a spanner, laptop, or wideband, but all of a sudden know everything because their tuner \ mechanic talked a bit of shit into their ears to get their money.

I've made mistakes, been mis informed etc, but I try and better my ways as much as possible.

I've been tuning for years, and looking at tunes from some of the best workshops around I have been disappointed and I'm very glad that I can do it all myself and get a better effort, every time, for free.

Edited by The Mafia

Its a good thread and had been interesting to see others running 300+ for quite a while without a hassle....... I plan to join it soon

i assume cams doesnt count as opening the engine? Or does it?

cams are fine.

it's essentially a bolt on part. the point here is more the bottom end

Sweet, well i should be posting in here around mid month if all goes to plan!

• 1 month later...

mods: master power t56, 550cc injectors, FFP, top mount ex man, 38 ext gate plumbed back, 3 inch, FMIC,bosch 044, link G4 using the link boost control,

fuel: BP 98

power: 300rwkw 2 years, retune with link g4(removing chipped z32 ecu and z32 afm) to 324rwkw, 300rwkw low boost

useage: road use, not daily driven

lifespan: 2 years

failure:

comments: need new coils, still making more power over 7500rpm but limited to 7500, did make 347rwkw on 19psi but pulled it back to 324, can make more power with new coils, more revs,better fuel and more money! :domokun:

post-90927-0-47145700-1339293296_thumb.jpg

post-90927-0-34945900-1339293581_thumb.jpg

Yeah, tial 44mm hanging of the turbine housing..

2 E85 outlets walking distance from my house now Alan, I feel so spoilt and the fuel feels great, the torque is like driving my little diesel Ute around, so much low down grunt..As an added bonus I just found out my adaptronic has switchable tunes. Its as simple as flicking a switch to change back to pulp..

lol @ knocking on rattles door, that was a good line.

wish sydney would hurry up and roll out the E85 too :(

Get a 200L drum and store it at your place? I have done that just because the nearest servo is 20mins away?

Not that i have a car finished yet so i can post in this thread like i promised a month ago :(

Mods: s1r33 3076r, external gate, poncams, 550's, uprated valvesprings.

Fuel: Bp 98

power: 307rwkw @ 20psi

useage: daily and track drifter

lifespan: 10 months at this level, 3 years with 270+

Failure: cracked ring no4 cyl, still drove fine just had a weird note from the exhaust

comments: had 270 for 2 years before failing after 10 months with 307, was about to upgrade to e85 but now will wait till I've rebuilt the engine

Mods: s1r33 3076r, external gate, poncams, 550's, uprated valvesprings.

Fuel: Bp 98

power: 307rwkw @ 20psi

useage: daily and track drifter

lifespan: 10 months at this level, 3 years with 270+

Failure: cracked ring no4 cyl, still drove fine just had a weird note from the exhaust

comments: had 270 for 2 years before failing after 10 months with 307, was about to upgrade to e85 but now will wait till I've rebuilt the engine

How many K's on the engine, what ECU, who tuned? (maybe relevant to the thread ;) )

let's leave who tuned them out of it as per sau guidelines.

a 300rwkw engine will let go eventually, especially with track usage and it's not fair to the tuners to be receiving bad press because of this.

old motors, over double the standard power, revving past redline :ninja:

Yeah sorry, bad question.... I wouldnt have been blaming anyone for a failure for the exact reason WMDC35 mentions..... Ill stay quiet now until i have a Dyno sheet of my own so i can join this thread properly :rolleyes: