SAU Community

Lets Talk Water Meth Injection

• 2 months later...

About to get retuned on water meth, but I'm after opinions on what's the highest boost and hp I should be aiming for? I know it's roughly the same as e85 but not as good so I don't want to push it at the same level as that.

I wanted to push it hard but not over the limit, the tune will switch back to normal 98 map when low level is sensed for safety.

It's a stock rb25det with all supporting mods.

• 2 weeks later...

i talked to pete at nistune tonight, going to go back to the dyno again in 4-6weeks hopefully as i replaced my blow-off valve

and it was leaking 7psi when i tuned it last time.//so the poor hypergears G3 was running 26ish psi to get 19psi in manifold.

And had no comp flow left.

Comes up on boost much harder now.

want to check out cold start and road tune aswell as its a daily/holiday car

wmi been on car now for 12months, had no problems once i installed the 30 micron filter, clean it out everytime i do oil

change at 5000km. seems to be a bit of shit in the meth i have been using. Without the filter you would be asking for trouble, but

it catches it all, nozzle has been perfect

cheers

darren

checked every 5000km, but to be honest, the jet has been fine, i only had problems with it before fitting the aem filter.

My wife drives car everday, and it switches on at least once a day going up the hill to take kids to school, so maybe that keeps it

from any build up aswell?

cheers

darren

checked every 5000km, but to be honest, the jet has been fine, i only had problems with it before fitting the aem filter.

My wife drives car everday, and it switches on at least once a day going up the hill to take kids to school, so maybe that keeps it

from any build up aswell?

cheers

darren

LMAO @ wife using WMI taking kids to school

That is all.

darren,

where did you get the filter?

also where in the system is it installed?

andrew

ebay, its installed before the solenoid. If you pump is separate to your tank you could put it before you pump.

I can't as i have a pump mounted in tank setup

I woudn't run a system without one as there seems to be a bit of shit in the meth from the speed shop, would clog up a jet very easily, judging by

the shit i am cleaning of the filter mesh, woudn't bother a fuel system

Well done at the drags aswell andrew..your .cars a beast, real nice street setup!

Also to point out here, as its not written much on net at all , DON'T use teflon tape or such on fittings, only proper thread sealant

unless you want to lose a motor, the shit ends up getting sucked through and WILL end up in your jet, its only a matter of time.....

might not happen overnight..but it will happen..lol

I see some forums say it alright..it is not, even if you use a small amount

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31

Thanks darren,its great fun on the road, and actually gets more traction on the street.

did you go out to the drags for a look? See the rb30 stagea?

Ive only got the crappy looking in tank filter, will look at another, does putting one on the pressure side of the pump effect injector flow?

Thanks darren,its great fun on the road, and actually gets more traction on the street.

did you go out to the drags for a look? See the rb30 stagea?

Ive only got the crappy looking in tank filter, will look at another, does putting one on the pressure side of the pump effect injector flow?

nah man, was up river that day, didn't even know it was on, would have been good to catch up

Yeh that stagea is the guy with the username Superben on here, he hasn't updated his time here. Such a cool sleeper, would smash many a unsuspecting skyline..haha

cheers

darren

Possibly because it's illegal? Is it not?

Nat it's perfectly legal from what others have said

Because it doesn't effect the emissions of the car

I think less people run it because it's more things that can go wrong.

Nozzle gets clogged and there goes your engine, water runs out and there goes your engine, stops spraying for a short time and there goes your engine.

Just too many things compared to a nice E85 setup

Buy a system with a good failsafe feature on it and none of those things will be an issue. I'll be wiring my aquamist into the ecu so it switches back to my soft tune if there is any problems. Thinking I may also use it to disable the boost controller through a relay

Things that can go wrong as noted by Kasko: *nozzle gets clogged>>can say same for fuel injectors hence detonation/engine gone

*Stops spraying for short time>>can say same for fuel injectors hence knocking/detonation/engine gone

*runs out of water>>some systems have failsafe devices like warning light/level indicator etc

So really the issues above are the same as for other systems like fuel etc; in the car..or is it not?? E85 on the other hand costs a lot more- very few servos around/ poor fuel economy/starting etc etc