SAU Community

Are You A Pc Or Mac User?

Are you a PC or MAC User?  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why would anyone but Samsung employees be upset?

I don't have to pay the fine, nor any of the fines which will in time be handed down to Apple for infringing on Samsung patents.

Do you know what Apple "patented"? Pinch to zoom and slide to unlock. Wow, the Apple doyens truly are geniuses. Who would have ever imagined you could move your finger across a screen? Funny thing is they bought the patent on those miraculous features from someone else.

What's funny about this is it reinforces the belief that Apple products are utter shit. If they weren't then Apple wouldn't be fighting their biggest battles in a US courtroom arguing some bullshit IP argument. They'd be dominating in the marketplace where, from all accounts, they simply are not. Windows is more than 4 times bigger in the PC space and Android is 60% of the smartphone market where Apple is about 30%. Tablets are the only thing Apple are "winning" at and that's not by much. Sure, they horde massive wealth but that's simply a slap in the face for their brainless consumers and investors. Consumers are retarded for paying an ultra-premium price for a lackluster product and investors are retarded for getting nothing in return for their shares apart from a higher value. That's not much good until you sell the shares at which point you probably don't make that much due to the huge amount it took to buy in in the first place. On top of that if lots of people started realising their capital growth, the price would plummet and plummet hard. Such over valued shares are far more susceptible to market jitters.. When was the last time Apple paid a dividend?

you forgot to mention that they 'patented/copyrighted' rounded edges/corners.

Touche.

But prior to that? 17 years ago. My point still stands. Their investors have been done over.

This

The value of Apple stock has almost doubled in the last 12 months. Pretty sure the investors will be laughing all the way to the bank...

And over 17yrs....the percentage increase has been in the thousands.

Did you see apple sued samsung for 1bil for copyright infringements of the iphone.

They won

zB6d6.jpg

Where would that be?

Japan? Nope they lost to Samsung

SKorea? Nope they lost to Samsung

EU? Nope they went 50/50 with Samsung on appeal

UK? Nope they lost to HTC

Oh you mean the retarded tainted jury in the US? Yeah I am sure that will hold up.

And now Google sues Apple through it's Motorola division, Samsung can already sue Apple for using LTE but is waiting for the iPhone with LTE (as can Nokia).

The Motorola and LTE patents could see ALL iPhone and iPad products import banned in the US.

Our company uses iPhones for our sales/support staff. About fifteen in total. There are currently four of them sitting on the desk of our admin girl waiting to be returned and replaced. This is not uncommon. The 3s regularly died, at least five of the 4's died (we're talking the space of a year) and now four of fifteen 4s' are rooted. I'm fairly sure at least two of them have already been replaced, too.

Seriously, iphones are absolute shit. I am just amazed at how completely shit they are. Most of my iphone using friends have ditched them for android. Most of them had at least one or two die over a couple of generations of phones before turfing them. And the screens are made of fine bone china. Again, pretty much every iphone user I know has smashed a screen. I'm yet to see, in person, and android with a broken screen. My phones have slid off bonnets, fallen out of pockets, been knocked off tables yet never cracked a screen.

This is the biggest load of shite I've read.

Say what you want about the operating system and the other nerdy bullshit, but don't tell me they break all the time.

I've had 3 iPhone 4's and one 4s. The only time I broke one was when I left it on the roof of my car to come home an hour later to see it had been ran over a bunch of times and it still worked!

I have dropped mine from heights straight into their faces on concrete and just yesterday, the mrs did the same thing onto a marble floor at the shopping centre. Straight down, landed on the front glass from about 4.5 feet up. I was sure it was going to be broken, but it was fine.

Not only have I dropped mine like a pie right onto the screen, but I've dropped them on all sorts of different angles onto all sorts of surfaces.

Yes, iPhone screens can and do break, but so does every other phone.

FWIW, I love the iPhone OS, it looks and performs much better than the tacky android menus that navigate about as well as an autistic child with a compass.

The fact that apple is changing their connector is 100% about money, you all cry about it, but that's what companies do... They're in it for the profits, not for customer satisfaction.

I'm sure there will be an adapter for an old cord to go into a plug that will fit the new phones, so people with existing docks and car set ups shouldn't be affected too much.

No matter how lucky you have been or how large you perceive a load of shite to be nothing will change the fact that even regular glass is more resistant to shocks than the hardened (to avoid getting scratched to shit) glass of an iPhone. The drop tests are numerous and conclusive. Mine and other mobile developers and their clients experience reflects this simple fact: iPhones are fragile.

Say what you want about the operating system and the other nerdy bullshit, but don't tell me they break all the time.

I've had 3 iPhone 4's and one 4s. The only time I broke one was when I left it on the roof of my car to come home an hour later to see it had been ran over a bunch of times and it still worked!

I have dropped mine from heights straight into their faces on concrete and just yesterday, the mrs did the same thing onto a marble floor at the shopping centre. Straight down, landed on the front glass from about 4.5 feet up. I was sure it was going to be broken, but it was fine.

Not only have I dropped mine like a pie right onto the screen, but I've dropped them on all sorts of different angles onto all sorts of surfaces.

Yes, iPhone screens can and do break, but so does every other phone.

FWIW, I love the iPhone OS, it looks and performs much better than the tacky android menus that navigate about as well as an autistic child with a compass.

The fact that apple is changing their connector is 100% about money, you all cry about it, but that's what companies do... They're in it for the profits, not for customer satisfaction.

I'm sure there will be an adapter for an old cord to go into a plug that will fit the new phones, so people with existing docks and car set ups shouldn't be affected too much.

Righto, so you know my situation better than I do.

So, you've had four phones in 16 months. Why? I await your back peddling and BS excuses.

We have about 15 people with work provided phones. Since I started there we have gone from 3's to 4's. In total at least 10 of the 30 odd phones have shit themselves.

Apples are notorious for being utter shit. That's simply fact. We also have 9 iPads, two of which have died (although one was the GMs personal device) and eight iMacs, two of which have also died (we have 26 PCs and 9 laptops, one of which had the HDD die). That's in just over two years (since I started). And try all you might to deny what I say as truth, but I'm the poor schmuck who has to set these pieces of shit up everytime one dies.

You want to know how many HTCs I've been through in the past two years? Two. My original Desire, which my wife still uses (she's since passed her two year old Wildfire onto her mum) and my Velocity which I upgraded to in the release week. Neither have died.

It's great you find the iOS so fantastic. But seeing as you find Android a little too complex, I'm not surprised. Seriously, if Android confuses you then you need to make sure you have a cork on the end of your fork so you don't take out an eye when trying to eat your dinner after you mum has cut it up for you.

I claim that you work with retards

Will also add that I've had my iPhone 4 for 2 years, have dropped it onto concrete, bricks, tiles, sat on it, had my stupid drunken mate knock it out of my hand and kick it across the bricks (that scratched it), got it wet, you name it.

I also don't use a case.

But, my opinion is just as worthless as yours because personal experiences mean jack shit when there's about 200 million of the things out there.

Edited by SoFreshSoClean

I claim that you work with retards

Will also add that I've had my iPhone 4 for 2 years, have dropped it onto concrete, bricks, tiles, sat on it, had my stupid drunken mate knock it out of my hand and kick it across the bricks (that scratched it), got it wet, you name it.

I also don't use a case.

But, my opinion is just as worthless as yours because personal experiences mean jack shit when there's about 200 million of the things out there.

I claim you haven't got a clue what you're talking about. Just how f**king smart do you think the average iPhone user is? Hell, they can't be that smart seeing some of them are confused by those seriously technical and hyper weird Android phones.

If you're incapable of finding the multitude of studies, stories and reports which demonstrate what a fragile piece of shit iphones are, then that's not our problem.

I do not know a single iPhone user who has not had the screen shatter on them. I do not know a single Android user who has had the screen shatter on them. I have never seen an Android phone locked up so hard that even a reboot does not resolve it, as per the iPhone currently sitting on my desk at work awaiting return. That's a near new 4s and the second one to do it in about a fortnight. It locks so hard that even a hard reboot does nothing, it just boots back to the swipe screen locked up solid. Two in a fortnight!

Yes it does.

Krab fail.

Ok where is it?

All the tech (even an official apple forum) I asked said it doesn't have it & u need to use 3rd party app, but most don't work well the best option is just to get ur service provider to block it for you.

I claim you haven't got a clue what you're talking about. Just how f**king smart do you think the average iPhone user is? Hell, they can't be that smart seeing some of them are confused by those seriously technical and hyper weird Android phones.

If you're incapable of finding the multitude of studies, stories and reports which demonstrate what a fragile piece of shit iphones are, then that's not our problem.

I do not know a single iPhone user who has not had the screen shatter on them. I do not know a single Android user who has had the screen shatter on them. I have never seen an Android phone locked up so hard that even a reboot does not resolve it, as per the iPhone currently sitting on my desk at work awaiting return. That's a near new 4s and the second one to do it in about a fortnight. It locks so hard that even a hard reboot does nothing, it just boots back to the swipe screen locked up solid. Two in a fortnight!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=android+broken+screen

I'm telling you my iPhone doesn't have a broken screen. Your argument is invalid.