SAU Community

Are You A Pc Or Mac User?

Are you a PC or MAC User?  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hahah sooooo true, I have a mac book pro, only thing I don't like about it is the sh** graphics card in it.

But I do run boot camp on it and run windows, runs fine plays games well. IMO they are exactly the same but I will always choose a mac so I can have both on one computer.

resized_3qefxj2.jpg

I haven't updated mine for ages...

Hahah sooooo true, I have a mac book pro, only thing I don't like about it is the sh** graphics card in it.

But I do run boot camp on it and run windows, runs fine plays games well. IMO they are exactly the same but I will always choose a mac so I can have both on one computer.

3ede.jpg

Are you playing sims 1 or something?

Edited by Mayuri Krab

I had a 2010 MBP with a Geforce 330M, that played things like counter-strike source with no issues, really you could play most games, maybe just on lower settings. BF3 wouldnt run at all though, haha.

The new ones have a GTX650M, not sure how they compare though.

Edited by SoFreshSoClean

We knew the courtroom battle between Apple and Samsung would be epic, but who could have guessed it would be so entertaining?

Your honour, I can assure you, I'm not smoking crack

On Thursday, US District Judge Lucy Koh wondered aloud if one of Apple's lawyers was smoking crack.

The judge was not concerned about his health, but rather frustrated over Apple's submission of a 75-page briefing that outlined more than 20 additional witnesses Apple planned to call in the four hours it had left before the jury.

Advertisement

"I mean come on. Seventy-five pages! Seventy-five pages!" Judge Koh said, CNET reports. "You want me to do an order on 75 pages, [and] unless you're smoking crack, you know these witnesses aren't going to be called when you have less than four hours."

Apple's lawyer Bill Lee, took the comment in stride. "Your honour, I can assure you, I'm not smoking crack," he said, according to CNET.

He also added that while it was possible not all the witnesses would be called, Apple's legal team had timed the testimony to make sure they could get most of them in, according to All Things D.

Koh wasn't buying it though, and accused Apple of wasting the jury's time.

Koh has a history of making comical remarks in the courtroom. She gives "bio breaks" instead of bathroom breaks and has been known to ask jurors if they need more caffeine

Edited by ctjet

Nice, I think we are all a little sick of seeing Apple sueing competitors for trivial shit

If there is a real breach of ip the by all means seek compensation... But you can't patent round edges or half the other shit they cry about

Nice, I think we are all a little sick of seeing Apple sueing competitors for trivial shit

If there is a real breach of ip the by all means seek compensation... But you can't patent round edges or half the other shit they cry about

good point!

right on the nail.

I are a Mac convert!

Not.

I am, however, now using a Mac at work. We had a spare 24" iMac so I snaffled it. Why? Cause it's got a 24" 1920x1200 monitor (instead of a 22 @ 1920x1080), so why the hell not?

Also go t a fresh install of Win 7 :)

• 2 weeks later...

my boss dropped his iphone 4 on the weekend and smashed his screen (i know it's a rare occurance, lol). he said today that he doesn't think he will get an iphone 5 because of the different plug. would mean he would have to get a new car charger, ipod dock, etc.

Our company uses iPhones for our sales/support staff. About fifteen in total. There are currently four of them sitting on the desk of our admin girl waiting to be returned and replaced. This is not uncommon. The 3s regularly died, at least five of the 4's died (we're talking the space of a year) and now four of fifteen 4s' are rooted. I'm fairly sure at least two of them have already been replaced, too.

Seriously, iphones are absolute shit. I am just amazed at how completely shit they are. Most of my iphone using friends have ditched them for android. Most of them had at least one or two die over a couple of generations of phones before turfing them. And the screens are made of fine bone china. Again, pretty much every iphone user I know has smashed a screen. I'm yet to see, in person, and android with a broken screen. My phones have slid off bonnets, fallen out of pockets, been knocked off tables yet never cracked a screen.

Our company uses iPhones for our sales/support staff. About fifteen in total. There are currently four of them sitting on the desk of our admin girl waiting to be returned and replaced. This is not uncommon. The 3s regularly died, at least five of the 4's died (we're talking the space of a year) and now four of fifteen 4s' are rooted. I'm fairly sure at least two of them have already been replaced, too.

Seriously, iphones are absolute shit. I am just amazed at how completely shit they are. Most of my iphone using friends have ditched them for android. Most of them had at least one or two die over a couple of generations of phones before turfing them. And the screens are made of fine bone china. Again, pretty much every iphone user I know has smashed a screen. I'm yet to see, in person, and android with a broken screen. My phones have slid off bonnets, fallen out of pockets, been knocked off tables yet never cracked a screen.

if the iphones were cheap and kept breaking it wouldn't be quite so bad, but they are pretty much the most expensive phone on the market, yet the most unreliable. Just shows how much more effort was put into marketing than phone design

I think you will find it's also the planned obsolescence built into them; again we run iPhones for the majority of our fleet here, and without fail and no matter how carefully looked after, every single 3GS is showing different types of problems. The only ones not affected are the ones sat in desk drawers and barely touched for the last 2-3 years.

Why would anyone but Samsung employees be upset?

I don't have to pay the fine, nor any of the fines which will in time be handed down to Apple for infringing on Samsung patents.

Do you know what Apple "patented"? Pinch to zoom and slide to unlock. Wow, the Apple doyens truly are geniuses. Who would have ever imagined you could move your finger across a screen? Funny thing is they bought the patent on those miraculous features from someone else.

What's funny about this is it reinforces the belief that Apple products are utter shit. If they weren't then Apple wouldn't be fighting their biggest battles in a US courtroom arguing some bullshit IP argument. They'd be dominating in the marketplace where, from all accounts, they simply are not. Windows is more than 4 times bigger in the PC space and Android is 60% of the smartphone market where Apple is about 30%. Tablets are the only thing Apple are "winning" at and that's not by much. Sure, they horde massive wealth but that's simply a slap in the face for their brainless consumers and investors. Consumers are retarded for paying an ultra-premium price for a lackluster product and investors are retarded for getting nothing in return for their shares apart from a higher value. That's not much good until you sell the shares at which point you probably don't make that much due to the huge amount it took to buy in in the first place. On top of that if lots of people started realising their capital growth, the price would plummet and plummet hard. Such over valued shares are far more susceptible to market jitters.. When was the last time Apple paid a dividend?