SAU Community

Are You A Pc Or Mac User?

Are you a PC or MAC User?  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We get the point Boz, PC's are better than Macs.

Edit: I think the reason there popular is down to consumerism really and their ideal market (people who don't know how to use computers lol). In saying that I like my macbook but I will always be a PC person.

Edited by Dani Boi

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is google drive...

Oh wait, I will ask google :P

Been having a f**k of a time trying to connect my windows phone to windows believe it or not..made me download Zune which is shit..

Gaming PC at home, MBP for laptop (never gets used anymore), and work's given me a MBA and an iPad. I ain't even mad. Each have their own points; love my PC because I built it how I want it, but I wouldn't want a PC laptop. Current gen 13" MBA specced out ftw (27" Thunderbolt displays are also extremely nice)

Hmm, just wrote a bunch of things and they don't really describe why. Basically, personal preference, had PC laptops in the past and not keen on another one, and I have the disposable income to get something shiny (plus I'm fairly used to OSX now).

currently have a MBP i've had for about 3-4 years, it was the first of the unibody ones. never had an issue with it and it does everything i want it to. i think the missus has gone though 3 pc laptops in the same time lol. work gives me a windows laptop and i don't mind using that, so i'm impartial to both OS's, both have there good points.

i think if i was in the market for a new laptop at the moment i'd look at a windows one, they are just so damn cheap these days. when i got my mac the price gap wasn't as big for similar specced systems, and windows vista was a pain in the ass.

Not trolling, just curious: Why do you think it sucks balls, and how long have you used it for/did you use it for?

I've used it on and off for business usage and for long enough to know whether or not I like it.

I find it to be completely unintuitive. It seems to me that much of OSX exists purely to do it differently to Windows. None of the differences are an improvement on Windows, just different for no reason other than to be different.

currently have a MBP i've had for about 3-4 years, it was the first of the unibody ones. never had an issue with it and it does everything i want it to. i think the missus has gone though 3 pc laptops in the same time lol. work gives me a windows laptop and i don't mind using that, so i'm impartial to both OS's, both have there good points.

i think if i was in the market for a new laptop at the moment i'd look at a windows one, they are just so damn cheap these days. when i got my mac the price gap wasn't as big for similar specced systems, and windows vista was a pain in the ass.

No offence but your missus is a hack.

My current laptop is a four year old Asus Extensa 5610 which I bought second hand for $400 about three years ago (it was my retired work lappy) and it's still going strong today. I pulled the heatsink off and gave it a clean and new thermal paste and it improved it even more. I'm going to whack a 120Gb SSD in it on the weekend and I reckon that'll get me through a few more years comfortably.

How your missus went through three PCs in three years is beyond me.

PCs are much cheaper, I find to be far more reliable and hardy and Windows shits on OSX form a usability perspective.

And this isn't opinion, this is hard factually data cause I said it was. Anyone who argues with me is a noob. Go on, I dare you. Argue with me.....noob :D

I know exactly what it is. It's an Apple approved premium reseller.

If idiots didn't pay such disgustingly inflated prices, they wouldn't still be that disgustingly inflated. Seriously, people complain about petrol prices and then pay $330 for an extra 500Gb storage.....not to mention $200 to "upgrade" to 8Gb ram (I assume from 2). So $200 for 6Gb of RAM plus the 15 minutes required to fit it. That's a rort, no matter how you look at it.

And these prices are actually cheaper than genuine Apple prices. ie. to go from 4Gb to 16Gb of 1333Mhz RAM is $720.01 for an iMac from Apple. That's disgusting. You can go from 4Gb to 16Gb in a Centrecom PC for $60 ($65 to $125). And that's for 1600Mhz quality RAM.

Yet still "Apple people" pay those prices.